Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s Eco Wheel Cleaner Review

I`ve been wanting to get back into doing product reviews, and I have tons of products to review, but this winter in Boston has not been particularly nice. Every time I want to/ can wash the car it has either been raining or snowing, etc. Anyway, FINALLY we got some nice 45 degree weather and I washed the car tonight so here is the review!

Backrgound:
    I am in college living in a dorm room, so I have to wash my car at the self-service wash bay. They only let me go with my buckets and everything after all the "other" customers leave, so I have to wash my car at 10 or 11pm. The car is my 2019 Veloster Turbo R Spec. Now, to be fair this makes WAY less brake dust than my BMW with M performance BBK, but it did work well on these wheels (your mileage may vary is what I`m getting at depending on your brake pad setup). Another point that I want to mention is that I am moving away from Iron-Removing wheel cleaners unless the wheels are trashed. I used to use them for even just maintenance cleanings, but I find that regardless of the brand of product all the iron-removing products (spray on clear, turn purple) rust out my brake hardware, lug nuts, calipers, anything that is uncoated metal. I hate looking at this rust, so I am in the market for a new maintenance wheel cleaner. I got this Adam`s in my Mystery Bucket and onto the review! Below are some pictures of the before condition of the wheels:

Product/ Packaging/ Price:
    The Adam`s Eco Wheel cleaner is new from them and is supposedly formulated for fragile finishes. It is pH neutral, safe on all surfaces, and has Direct Release to the Environment technology which supposedly makes it super biodegradable. It contains naturally derived surfactants to do the actual cleaning. The price is $13 for 16oz and $45 for the gallon and it is a ready to use formula. It comes in the standard Adam`s packaging with a nice bottle and a waterproof label. A side note is that online, the product looks green, however in person it is blue.

Application/ Scent:

The product has a very thin consistency--it is not a gel. Just a normal liquid. It sprays out very easily, but a lot does run off the wheel. The scent is a weird citrusy/ coconut scent, doesn`t smell bad but it is a little odd. The wheel cleaner is not a spray on, rinse off product. It foams up nicely with agitation from some brushes.

I used about 2/3 of the bottle for all four wheels, but it`s not crazy expensive. I found that since it was very liquidy and a lot ran off the wheel, I had to spray more product onto the wheel. I usually prefer gels that cling to the wheel.

Cleaning Power:
    The product has good cleaning power. I think this is designed to be used as a maintenance wheel cleaner, so it won`t clean crazy amounts of brake dust off. It handled my two weeks of daily driving brake dust/ salt/ wet road grime very easily with my normal agitation routine.

Final Results/ Recommendation:
    I was satisfied with the product. I wasn`t absolutely blown away, but it seems to be a good maintenance wheel cleaner. The consistency made me use more product than I would have liked and the scent was a little odd. It is a little expensive for other products in the category (as is all Adam`s), but it cleaned well and left the wheels looking nice. I dried the wheels with Shine Supply Wet Detailer to add some protection. Overall, I think it is a good maintenance wheel cleaner, but I think there are better options on the market.

Please let me know what you think of the review and give me some feedback on the format! Thanks for viewing!
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)
    Likes Coatings=crack, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam`s Eco Wheel Cleaner Review

Nice review. Well written, good pics. I like those types of cleaners as well for `maintenance` washes or for use as you stated, on wheels that are not trashed.

Car looks good too!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review and write up and pictures! I think that how you did this review was easy to read and follow with the pictures.

I like your car very much!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Nice review. Well written, good pics. I like those types of cleaners as well for `maintenance` washes or for use as you stated, on wheels that are not trashed.

Car looks good too!
    Thank you!
    Michael Daboll

-1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Nice review and write up and pictures! I think that how you did this review was easy to read and follow with the pictures.

I like your car very much!

/ Tony
    Thanks! I will use this format when I post the other reviews for the maintenance wheel cleaners!
    Michael Daboll

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think you would see much of a difference diluting it 1:1.Its a decent product I use all the time.Good write up also

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    I don’t think you would see much of a difference diluting it 1:1.Its a decent product I use all the time.Good write up also
    That`s a good point. That would make it much more cost effective. I may try then when I`m down to half the bottle!
    Michael Daboll

Thread Information