Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The BEST wheel-well brush - In my opinion :-)

The challenge has always been getting a brush into the narrow opening between the tire and fender-well.

I have a cabinet full of tested and failed wheel-well brushes. Every available commercial brush - Including, the most resent suggestion, toilet-bowl brushes.

Until now, I have been using the Speed-Master - With the unfortunate negative side-effect of scuffing. See attachment.

Then, there is my newest pick… The cobweb duster-brush! No scratching, with the added benefit of an easy reach to the back of the tire.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The BEST wheel-well brush - In my opinion :-)

Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Lance, welcome aboard! Have you ever looked at the Wheel Woolies product line?
    Likes Street5927, HCF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cob web brush is interesting. I`ve been meaning to try some of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Unisan-Toilet.../dp/B001E6F1D0
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lance.D.PA- Welcome to Autopia!

I agree about the SpeedMaster/etc. brushes, I seldom use mine for anything other than coilsprings and a few tight undercarriage areas where marring isn`t a concern. I won`t even use them on (presumably powdercoated) wheels...my standard is "if you wouldn`t use it on the hood of a black Bentley, then don`t use it on anything that matters".

Glad you found something that works for you! (I just jack `em up a few times per wash and get in there with lights and other wash media.) I`d keep an eye on the flagged tips and replace it when they start to wear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Have you ever looked at the Wheel Woolies product line?
    I can`t for the life of me get the wells/etc. properly clean with my Wheel Woolies, but I do still like/use/recommend them.

And their BHBs for Wheels are a *lot* better than my previous faves from Universal Brush (they really oughta up their game IMO).

Post Thanks / Like

got a link for the handle attachment thats not over 2ft long?

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I can`t for the life of me get the wells/etc. properly clean with my Wheel Woolies, but I do still like/use/recommend them.

And their BHBs for Wheels are a *lot* better than my previous faves from Universal Brush (they really oughta up their game IMO).
    Yeah, it really depends on the auto manufacturer. Some have used this liner material that grabs everything. The pressure washer is the only solution I`ve found for Audis and similar. Too much effort, IMO
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

EZ Detail makes their GO Brush similar in form to a Cobweb Duster and work much better as the GO brush is of substantial construction and is made to clean vehicles, I`m posting the Amazon link because nor ACC or AG sell the actual brush, but do sell EZ Detail products. In regards to toilet bowl brushes, don`t use them, the bristles will scratch anything on a car to living daylights.

https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Detail-Go-...etailing+brush

ACC and AG, you guys should carry this product since you carry other EZ Detail products, and regroup all of the brushes under EZ Detail.

For a relatively clean vehicle, I am able to clean the fender wells with Wheel Woolies, but most of the time the Mothers Fender Brush is used. Wheel Woolies are for dirtier wheels, the EZ Detail Big Brush is for wheels that are wheel taken care of. I have a conformed tire brush from Auto Zone and a simple detailing brush for the face of the wheel and lug nuts. The EZ Detail brushes don`t scuff either, at least on Lexus fender plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what people are using for lighting when doing the wells/undercarriage..I go with rechargeable LED worklights that I can get wet and otherwise abuse without worry.

TheMeanGreen- Hey, interesting, sounds like you and I do things almost totally differently in this regard! Heh heh, sure nothing wrong with that Plus, of course, I`m only doing our vehicles these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Some have used this liner material that grabs everything. The pressure washer is the only solution I`ve found for Audis and similar. Too much effort, IMO
    I have the pressure washer doing every time anyhow, but still don`t think I could live with those fabric wheelwell liners. Another "modern feature" that`s a deal-breaker for me. I shudder to think what those`ll look like after >100K of use.

Post Thanks / Like

Our car has about 150k miles on it. The fender liners are still intact. They just appear a real mess in the winter. They grab everything.

Post Thanks / Like

tom p.- Ah, good to hear they hold up OK! The A8`s old-style plastic ones are getting kinda worn in the usual roadrash spots at a bit higher miles than yours, overall maybe the fabric ones hold up even better! But cleaning them in the winter sounds like a PIA, the wells probably take me a good hour as it is and I think of that car as a "really easy wash".

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, I`ve found you need some sort of powerful jet of water to liberate all the cling-on garbage. If you don`t tend to them often, they`re an obvious eyesore on an otherwise clean car.

It`s definitely a strange choice of materials. Maybe they`re doing it for additional noise attenuation?

Post Thanks / Like

tom p.- Yeah, that "tend to it often" thing bites me now and then, sometimes being, uhm...less than Autopian about the frequency of my Detailing

I`m guessing you can`t do a quick/easy spot-cleaning without making a mess out of the rest of the car...I generally do a quickie (well, I aim for under an hour and sometimes succeed) wheels/tires/wells cleanup at least once between proper Maintenance Washes.

I bet that Noise Attenuation is indeed behind it.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I’m not the only one that dislikes the Speedmaster brush. I can’t stand the spray back when pulling it out of tight areas. I bought one and now never use it and I got a brand new one in a “mystery box” a few years ago that I need to throw away. I love my Wheel Woolies and wouldn’t know what to do without them.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information