Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whip`s Wax Salt Remover-Excellent Stuff

SWETM- Ah, thanks for getting the pics to post.

I gather those black tar/rubber spots don`t clean off easily. Stuff like that seldom sticks to FK1000P too badly, but it almost certainly would require some kind of special treatment (I`d use clay, gently enough to *not* strip the FK).

I know everybody says "you must try THIS!" about their favorites, but I really do think FK1000P might be worth trying. I read all the Newest Best Thing threads and none of them have impressed me as being worth my trying given how well the FK works for me. I honestly doubt that people here would believe how seldom I have to reapply it, or even do a real wash. Very often, I just end up washing the wheels/tires and leaving the rest alone and as I keep saying, I never have etching when I leave bugs/bird-bombs on the paint for ages. But eh, that`s just IME.

The IUDJ, OTOH, much as I do like/recommend it, might not be all *that* different from other RW concentrates; I bet Ultima and others are at least comparable and the current version of ONR might be too (I haven`t tried it). But I really do think IUDJ has replaced QDs for me, doubt I`ll buy any of them again except M34 (used when buffing off compound residue).

I can`t remember...have you tried Sonax PNS? I hear that is very comparable to the FK1000P in performance.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    SWETM- Ah, thanks for getting the pics to post.

I gather those black tar/rubber spots don`t clean off easily. Stuff like that seldom sticks to FK1000P too badly, but it almost certainly would require some kind of special treatment (I`d use clay, gently enough to *not* strip the FK).

I know everybody says "you must try THIS!" about their favorites, but I really do think FK1000P might be worth trying. I read all the Newest Best Thing threads and none of them have impressed me as being worth my trying given how well the FK works for me. I honestly doubt that people here would believe how seldom I have to reapply it, or even do a real wash. Very often, I just end up washing the wheels/tires and leaving the rest alone and as I keep saying, I never have etching when I leave bugs/bird-bombs on the paint for ages. But eh, that`s just IME.

The IUDJ, OTOH, much as I do like/recommend it, might not be all *that* different from other RW concentrates; I bet Ultima and others are at least comparable and the current version of ONR might be too (I haven`t tried it). But I really do think IUDJ has replaced QDs for me, doubt I`ll buy any of them again except M34 (used when buffing off compound residue).

I can`t remember...have you tried Sonax PNS? I hear that is very comparable to the FK1000P in performance.
    I definitely have the fk1000p on the list to. But I have gotten carried away with a lot of stuff LOL. I take care of 2 cars only so not much testing. Have used BSD which is the same protection that is in the PNS but as a QD. I like the looks from it on white paint a lot but on my silver metallic car it`s got a little to of a crispy look or shiney look. On the silver metallic paint I want a little warmer look from the LSP. The same is it with Gyeon Wet Coat awesome on white paint and to shiney on the silver metallic. IIRC fk1000p has that look that makes it shiney a high shine like PNS and BSD? So that`s why have been avoiding it LOL.

The white Ford Focus I maintain I have a plan for this spring to use a combo with Angelwax ti-22 as base protection. It`s a titanium based that is like a sealant protection I think. Then I will top it with Angelwax Desirable Wax which is their show car wax. And when the wax wears down I use different toppers. Know it has only Sonax Spray and Seal on it. Which is Sonax spray on rinse off product and has a little warmer look than BSD. I use the spray on rinse off a lot since they are so easy to apply. Have a physical disability that makes me not being able to do as much as I want. For my own Kia cee`d SW with a silver metallic paint I have Polish Angel Esclate Lotion and Master Sealant combo at home waiting to be applyied. But this autumn and winter the pain levels has been to high for doing any correction work. So the spray on rinse off products has just helped me to have something on for protection. Hope when spring comes I can be doing some correction either in one go or split it up in sections over time. Frustrateing to say the least LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

SWETM- For a guy with disabilities you do a *lot* IMO!

Yes, I think the FK1000P would have that "too shiny, not warm" look, so maybe you wouldn`t like it on silver. I sure like it on white too...but yeah, it`s easy to go overboard and buy more stuff than you need.

Heh heh, your plans for the Focus sound very involved to me, hope you enjoy doing it!
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information