Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Clerk View Post
    Have the Original UTTG+.

Pours like a clear version of Marvel Mystery Oil and has a distinct petroleum distillate smell to it!

Will be going into my Oil recycle container.
    Huh, that was my #1 Trim Sealant, still have a bit of it and simply love it. The v2.0 isn`t bad, but it`s not the original either.

Now using up the last of my Zaino Z-16 on the Infiniti.
    Love that stuff too (assuming it`s the older version with the lemony scent). Saving it for my good cars.

Very satisfied with the look and endurance of Tufshine on my other three cars. It will be my go to from now on
    Glad you found something you like well enough to replace the Z16.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    JustJesus- I`ve only tried the UTTG+, no other trim sealants. I did prefer the v1.0 a bit, but the current stuff is OK IMO. Others have said it attracts/retains dust/etc. but that hasn`t been my experience at all. I`ll be very interested in how it works for you, appears to be a real YMMV! thing.
    Still haven`t used it. The Infiniti it was supposed to go on....I ran out of time on that car. I`m going to have to find a way to get it on that car, or find an alternate car to use it on. I`ll keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by pgp View Post
    Thanks for the write up and review, it looks great ! Did you spray water, BFWW and BFED right after each other without touching/drying each product? I always wondered about the cleaning power of a WW.
    Thank you! I let the water sit for a few minutes. Then sprayed with BFWW and let that sit for a few. Then I went after the dirtier sports with the BFED and let it sit for a few minutes. I kept an eye on it to make sure none of it dried before I wanted it to. Agitation came *after* all those liquids sat for a few. A WW does have *some* cleaning power. I`ve used it for random things around the house and garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Clerk View Post
    Looks really clean!

The 50/50 shot gives nice perspective.

Have the Original UTTG+.

Pours like a clear version of Marvel Mystery Oil and has a distinct petroleum distillate smell to it!

Now using up the last of my Zaino Z-16 on the Infiniti.

Very satisfied with the look and endurance of Tufshine on my other three cars. It will be my go to from now on
    Thank you Marine Clerk.

YMMV with UTTG apparently! I haven`t heard of that Mystery Oil, but it has a pretty cool name

Haven`t used anything other than Z6, but it sounds like Z16 may be pretty good.

Tufshine has been on my radar for some time. I still have to try other things I have already, but may eventually come around to Tufshine.

Huh, that was my #1 Trim Sealant, still have a bit of it and simply love it. The v2.0 isn`t bad, but it`s not the original either.

Love that stuff too (assuming it`s the older version with the lemony scent). Saving it for my good cars.
    I have the new Blackfire Total Trim & Tire Sealant coming. I should have it Friday. I`m HOPING to have it because that shipment also has some products I need (want) for a job on Saturday.

The BFAIOTT is working well on just about all the trim (haven`t opened the hood...yet) except those rocker panel covers I mentioned earlier. Here is a pic of the rear bumper area, and following that is a pic of the rockers.

Excuse the spots on the bumper. I had just finished rinseless washing the hatch, and had not started the bumper.

Likes Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    ... A WW does have *some* cleaning power. I`ve used it for random things around the house and garage..
    While it`s a RW rather than a WW, I`m happily using up my old ONR on that kind of thing.

.. I haven`t heard of that Mystery Oil, but it has a pretty cool name
    You. Are. Young.

Haven`t used anything other than Z6, but it sounds like Z16 may be pretty good.
    The Z16 has changed since the version I like so much. Not saying the newer stuff isn`t OK, but from what I`ve read here I`m gonna go with something else if I use up my *old* version of Z16.

The BFAIOTT is working well on just about all the trim (haven`t opened the hood...yet) except those rocker panel covers I mentioned earlier. Here is a pic of the rear bumper area, and following that is a pic of the rockers.
    Heh heh, wouldn`t it just figure if you end up loving the stuff now that it`s apparently discontinued?!?

Post Thanks / Like

While it`s a RW rather than a WW, I`m happily using up my old ONR on that kind of thing.
    Hey, that sounds like a good idea. I have so much RW, I think I`ll use up the ONR for that as well Thanks!

You. Are. Young.
    Some mornings, it doesn`t feel like it.

The Z16 has changed since the version I like so much. Not saying the newer stuff isn`t OK, but from what I`ve read here I`m gonna go with something else if I use up my *old* version of Z16.
    If/when that happens, I`ll be curious to know what you end up using!

Heh heh, wouldn`t it just figure if you end up loving the stuff now that it`s apparently discontinued?!?
    hahaha. Yeah. I have two bottles of the stuff, though. A little is all that`s needed, so I think one bottle should last me at least a year. I`m only using it on the Kia, after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, that sounds like a good idea. I have so much RW, I think I`ll use up the ONR for that as well Thanks!
    I`m mixing it up just a little weaker than QD-strength these days. It doesn`t work as well as IUDJ on some Porcelain surfaces for some reason. But then I could quip that it doesn`t do anything as well as IUDJ anyhow.

Some mornings, it doesn`t feel like ..[I`m not old].
    That`s because you`re still out-of-shape Yeah, I`m being all harsh since you`ve been absent from the Health & Fitness Thread, time`s a-wasting...what`d we say, two years for you to see your abs? Do it now before it gets harder, I want you to outlive me.

If/when ...[you use up your current Tire Slimes], I`ll be curious to know what you end up using!
    That might be a real "if", but I`m leaning towards either spending for more Pinnacle or Griot`s (which I`m using on most of `em) or maybe saving some $ and going with the non-glossy/OK for floormats stuff from DuraGloss.

I have two bottles of the stuff, though. A little is all that`s needed, so I think one bottle should last me at least a year. I`m only using it on the Kia, after all.
    That oughta give you time to find a decent replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s because you`re still out-of-shape Yeah, I`m being all harsh since you`ve been absent from the Health & Fitness Thread, time`s a-wasting...what`d we say, two years for you to see your abs? Do it now before it gets harder, I want you to outlive me.
    Hey, I honestly appreciate that. I was hoping my absence on that thread slipped by you...guess not
    Yes sir. Two years was the time frame. If I do outlive you, I`ll carry on the FK1000p endorsements

[re: Tire Slimes ]That might be a real "if", but I`m leaning towards either spending for more Pinnacle or Griot`s (which I`m using on most of `em) or maybe saving some $ and going with the non-glossy/OK for floormats stuff from DuraGloss.
    Which Griot`s is that? My friend recently tried the Griot`s Black Satin Tire Coating [aerosol] and I didn`t care too much for it myself. He also experienced some sling with it.

Post Thanks / Like

..If I do outlive you, I`ll carry on the FK1000p endorsements./.
    Heh heh, that was good

But sheesh, you`d *better* outlive me!

..Which Griot`s is that? My friend recently tried the Griot`s Black Satin Tire Coating [aerosol] and I didn`t care too much for it myself. He also experienced some sling with it.
    I always figure sling is the result of a poor application technique, but anyhow...I was referring to the "regular/original" Vinyl and Rubber Dressing. NO, not saying it`s All That, but it`s sure not bad despite not lasting long (at all). Eh, I`m using up gallons of it from back when my Dad was still alive (he liked patronizing Griot`s so I could get free product by using their stuff; he gladly footed the bill). Gee, this stuff is *old* since he passed in `02! Looks like [crap] and the jug is even a bit discolored, but it works just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, that was good

But sheesh, you`d *better* outlive me!
    Thanks

And yeah, come to think of it, I better!!

I always figure sling is the result of a poor application technique, but anyhow...I was referring to the "regular/original" Vinyl and Rubber Dressing. NO, not saying it`s All That, but it`s sure not bad despite not lasting long (at all). Eh, I`m using up gallons of it from back when my Dad was still alive (he liked patronizing Griot`s so I could get free product by using their stuff; he gladly footed the bill). Gee, this stuff is *old* since he passed in `02! Looks like [crap] and the jug is even a bit discolored, but it works just fine.
    Come to think of it, I`m not sure I`ve had sling issues. hmmm. Geez. Gallons of stuff. I can`t even imagine. I`m looking to condense my supplies and am considering getting rid of some of my gallons! (I`m still not half way through my Meg`s D120 (glass cleaner) gallon, and have a second full gallon).
    I like that share of your Dad patronizing Griot`s. And geeeeeez, that`s some serious time to be having that stuff!! And if the stuff still works, that`s what matters. Much like a headlight polish I gave to some gal from the forum that was somewhat local to me at the time. Stuff was pretty crappy looking, but a good shake, an MF towel, and it would help the headights.

Thread title...I had to look up to see what thread I was on. hehe... Been busy trying other new products, I keep forgetting to open up the hood on the Kia.
    Will do so this week.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Sorta surprises me, but I can probably count on one hand the number of products that`ve gone bad for me (functionally) due to age. Stuff that was on the shelf for a long time at my previous shop (sold it in `02) still does what it`s supposed to.

Years ago, somebody here..oh, [snap] who was it?!? Superior Shine, perhaps... used some `60s Mirror Glaze stuff to do an old single-stage hood, and they all worked just fine.

I`d sure keep that Glass Cleaner if you like it; I have Glass Cleaners that might be older than you are, and they`re OK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information