Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr Colourchip ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr Colourchip ?

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I might give it a whirl - just not sure if it’s worth the $$$ over a regular stick of paint I could apply with a fine brush!!
    I dunno just which way I`d jump on that either...with it being ss I`d question whether they`d be all that different. I`d be applying it with the fine brush anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Now the big question is- should I go with a regular stick of paint- do I get it mixed as single stage ? (Not talking dr colourchip anymore)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Striker- That *is* a quandary, huh? I *think* I`d choose between them based on what kind of chip/etc. I was filling it. Like, "how hard to get the basecoat down in there and fill what`s left with plenty of clear?"

I generally prefer b/c for this, but sometimes I`m glad I just did it with ss. I can`t recall ever using ss and wishing I`d done differently, but I do sometimes feel that way when I`m using the b/c version.

Post Thanks / Like

Well. Some of these chips are down to bare metal. Like the one on my quarter window. Show below in the last photo.

IMG_6700.jpg

IMG_6701.jpg

IMG_6703.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Well. Some of these chips are down to bare metal...
    No biggie, use KBS RustSeal as the primer. Just get the touchup paint on top of it quickly or else you`ll have to [mess] around doing stuff so it`ll stick (not an problem within a few hours of using the RustSeal but don`t wait too long).

RustBullet doesn`t end up quite smooth enough for small chips and Eastwoods (otherwise good) RustEncapsulator can be sensitive to lacquer touchup paint.

And FWIW, with 3M Rust Avenger off the market, no Rust Converter that I`m familiar with will even come close to equaling the RustSeal.

Post Thanks / Like

A local shop that restores hot rods and multiple award winning cars told me about a rust neutralizer called Pixlex 21.

I’ll tell ya. It works! I had some rust on the inside of the frame rail from when I had my frame connectors welded to the front frame.

It was in a spot where there is no way in hell to sand the rust off. Well. I sprayed this stuff. Came back the next morning and all I saw was white powder!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried Dr Colourchip year ago. Works fine on deeper chips but on fine clearcoat damage from ash on the roads, it just didn`t work with the wipe method.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information