Post Thanks / Like

PBMG Towels I won’t do without

After going through many many towels.
    These have become my Go-To PBMG towels

I’ll start out with my darn near everything towel.
    This one has 2 sides, 75/25 blend at 530 gsm.
    I reach for this most often, keeping a stack at the
    Ready. This quality towel will not let you down.
    Too good for wheels and tires though.

Supreme 530s 16/16

My wax removal towel, has a double thickness
    PFM make up, at 16x9 .
    Folded it fits my hand and never bunches up. Makes
    short work of any wax. A set of 3 for 20$ not bad.

GGs detailing towels

Drying towel extraordinaire
    Double thickness, 16x16. Heavyweight champion.
    Does everything well, my main use would be drying.

GGs Terry weave PFM

I’ve been searching for a comparable product removal
    towel, that had the same or similar properties of
    this expensive MM Fellow.
    Found this blue one, it may be better.
    Soft , linear weave, edgeless, lintless. A very gentle
    wipe off, that really works. Seems to absorb the product,
    you can flip it a few times. 75/25 , 16x16. At 10$ for 2 !

Sonus Der Wunder polishing towel

And one shot next to the Yellow fellow

I’ve been waiting to try these buffing towels, now
    that the price is better, got a stack. (closeout??)
    These are 350 gsm (guesstimate). Edgeless 16x24s.
    Soft, fluffy, last wipedown kinda towels. Pamper
    your paint indeed !
    They are very close to my 350 Eagles. If I close my eyes,
    it would be hard to tell the difference. They lint for a few washes though. Like the size and color too.

Wolfgang Concours-Series

Here’s one w/ an Eagle 350 lavender

I went through a lot of towels. These I trust.
    The others are now for wheels/ tires and jambs.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBMG Towels I won’t do without

Good thread. The Orange WG Towels remind me of the Car Pro Boas. A favorite towel of mine.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I normally grab the same gray ones with black trim.
    Also like the gold ones with black trim.
    I save these two for paint only.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback Mary. You have a nice selection of towels. That PFM is still hard to beat when it comes to a drying towel.

I have some of those grey Supreme 530`s and guess what. I use them for wheels, tires and door jambs. I am not to fond of them on black wheels as they lint too much. Not as noticeable on silver wheels. Not a bad towel.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone remember that thread - started like 6 months ago. It was like the mother of all MF thread reviews. Did that ever happen. I can`t recall seeing a followup on that thread

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone remember that thread - started like 6 months ago. It was like the mother of all MF thread reviews. Did that ever happen. I can`t recall seeing a followup on that thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mary. I’ve been eyeing the Sonus towels for a while. I like the Gyeon bald wipe, love “Final Wipes” from Esoteric but unfortunately Todd doesn’t sell them anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I had to table it for a while... with running two construction companies, a new baby (now 11 months old), a kid in preschool, my wies projects, a master bath/bed renovation due to water/mold issues my wife and I have been slammed. I barely wash our two vehicles every other week....

The review is on the back burner but I will complete it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Stokdgs, MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mary.

I use the Supreme 530 for wax removal of Midnight Sun type of waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up, thanks for sharing!

I LOVE those Griot`s PFM Detailing towels. Just the right size for so many little things. My main use is probably window touch ups during the week. Quick spray with the Rinseless Wash and Wax, spread/clean with one side, flip and buff with the other. Streak free windows with enough slick left behind I really haven`t been left dying to find a glass coating.

Got their newest gigantic PFM in the BOSS cannon starter kit; I just find I`m not a large drying towel person. The 16x16`s (heck, usually just one) work great for me.

Keep meaning to grab some of the PFM wax removal towels from the sister site`s Outlet Store - you can get 2 for $6. Same for their PFM window towels. They`ve got different coloring from the catalog PFMs, but are supposed to be the same.

Another PBMG I`d add would be the Shine and Buff waterless wash towel. Those have been my rinseless wash workhorse next to my Eagle Edgeless.
    Likes Mary B, DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the one you are thinking of? Person doing review broke his ankle then the test sort of went away.

MF drying towel review. - what would you like to see reviewed and how?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Is this the one you are thinking of? Person doing review broke his ankle then the test sort of went away.

MF drying towel review. - what would you like to see reviewed and how?
    That`s me... ankle healed 99.9%, I got lucky.

As mentioned earlier in this thread I had to put the review on the back burner as I`m running two construction companies (110 employees combined), mold issues in my home and much needed family time.

My goal is to get the review revived soon but I have to find, hire and train a QUALITY estimator/project manager to take the pressure off the owner and myself as we are both working some insane hours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I started this one about suggestions for microfiber towels/clothes for specific detailing tasks that may interest you as well:
    Favorite Microfiber for Specific Detailing Task List (Autopian Suggestions)=

I bought the smaller sized (16 x 16) 2-pack of the GG PFM Drying towels myself because of all the praise about them for drying. I like the smaller size rather than the larger towel because I just felt it would be easier to handle, which it is (at least for me!), especially doing door and trunk/rear hatch jams. The down side to them is that they catch easily on sharp points of body panel sheet metal and chrome or metal emblems/insignias. You just need to be a little "judicious` and aware of those things on a vehicle as you are drying. I end up cutting those pulled thread loops off to prevent further catches. Mine look pretty ratty and ragged from my drying in less than 6-month`s worth of use. I was an old-school chamois user and these PFMs dry ALMOST as well without the fear of scratching. You will also find that wringing them out when saturated requires Herculean strength and because they hold SO MUCH water they do take an inordinate amount of time to dry thoroughly in the dryer, if you do use that method, OR to air dry. They are more expensive that a quality chamois and I`ve had chamois last 3 years of drying washed vehicles before needing replacement. That said, improper washing and drying techniques are obviously one of the key factors to causing swirls and scratches in vehicle exteriors that are so prevalent today and if a newer drying technique and material can reduce or eliminate those causes, why continue in the past, despite the cost and some downsides that I can live with!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I bought the smaller sized (16 x 16) 2-pack of the GG PFM Drying towels myself because of all the praise about them for drying. I like the smaller size rather than the larger towel because I just felt it would be easier to handle, which it is (at least for me!), especially doing door and trunk/rear hatch jams. The down side to them is that they catch easily on sharp points of body panel sheet metal and chrome or metal emblems/insignias. You just need to be a little "judicious` and aware of those things on a vehicle as you are drying. I end up cutting those pulled thread loops off to prevent further catches. Mine look pretty ratty and ragged from my drying in less than 6-month`s worth of use. I was an old-school chamois user and these PFMs dry ALMOST as well without the fear of scratching. You will also find that wringing them out when saturated requires Herculean strength and because they hold SO MUCH water they do take an inordinate amount of time to dry thoroughly in the dryer, if you do use that method, OR to air dry. They are more expensive that a quality chamois and I`ve had chamois last 3 years of drying washed vehicles before needing replacement. That said, improper washing and drying techniques are obviously one of the key factors to causing swirls and scratches in vehicle exteriors that are so prevalent today and if a newer drying technique and material can reduce or eliminate those causes, why continue in the past, despite the cost and some downsides that I can live with!
    I agree with everything you`ve said here about the pfm`s. I also wouldn`t bother trying to wring them out, just grab a fresh one. 2-pack of 16x16 is probably enough for a sedan but I`d recommend another pack for touch-ups (unless you already have a ton of extra towels as I`m assuming all of us do!). They`re utterly mindless to use (shouldn`t drying be?) and they`ve all but replaced my previous damp+dry two towel method.

Thread Information