Post Thanks / Like

3D One new compound/polish quick review!

So I was able to get a hold of a 32oz bottle of 3D new ONE compound and finishing polish. This product is supposed to deliver true correction then with a simple pad swap become a top notch finishing polish.

I just had a black Dodge Challenger in the shop for a basic wash clay seal package and I thought this would be a great car to do a little test spot on being jet black paint and it having a fair share of swirls etc.

Here`s the bottle. I will say it has a very pleasant aroma. Not sure of the smell but very nice.

Heres a spot completely stripped and ready to go. Pretty moderate amount of defects.

Directions state to apply 4-5 drops on a cutting pad and begin polishing. For this test I used my Rupes Duetto with a BOSS microfiber cutting pad. After about 4 passes I wiped off the product and noticed a little bit of marring which was expected. I did a Precoat wipe and it removed a little bit of filling to expose what was left after the first step. The product wiped off fairly easily. A bit smeary but not as much as some Menzerna products but a bit more than hyper polish is how I felt. But it could have due to the 4 drops and the amount of product for that little spot.

This is after compounding.

Now I normally finish polish with a Rupes yellow pad or a Rupes white. The instructions say to use a finishing pad but I wanted to see what a yellow would do. As suspected it left a tiny bit of marring after wiping down with precoat. So I switched to a Rupes white finishing pad and it finished out perfectly!

I have to say I kinda had my doubts but no muss no fuss it cut and finished out with ONE product. Obviously more testing is needed but so far it seems like a winner. And it`s a good value!

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D One new compound/polish quick review!

Thanks for the review

Post Thanks / Like

nice. been a looong time for me on 3D but I did like their aat

Post Thanks / Like

Got my bottle yesterday after they told me it was sold out. Strange. I should have bought it on AG to get the free bottle of Speed. It’s one of the many things that irk me about Autopia/AG. Don’t force me to cross shop from the same darn business PBMG! All you do is p*** me off.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs, minerigger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how One compares to Adapt. When Adapt came out a few years ago, it was one of the most impressive products I’d ever used. I’m definitely going to have to give it a shot.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work, Justin !!
    Thank you for taking the time to do this !
    Looks like a great alternative..
    I have always wondered about their products but have always been turned off because of their attitude, etc..
    Perhaps they are better now..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Got my bottle yesterday after they told me it was sold out. Strange. I should have bought it on AG to get the free bottle of Speed. It’s one of the many things that irk me about Autopia/AG. Don’t force me to cross shop from the same darn business PBMG! All you do is p*** me off.
    I bought it straight from 3D and it came with a free bottle of speed which was a big surprise!

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

are you going to try it as a 1 step?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    are you going to try it as a 1 step?
    Absolutely when the right vehicle comes in.

Likes johnboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks promising. I loved Adapt

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Is this like the Maguire one step kind of thing? Looks interesting. I like there HD Speed. Came out nice

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a re-formulation of Adapt OR a new multi-purpose compound/polish? Seems like there were A LOT of "disappointed" detailers/hobbyists when Adapt was dropped by HD!!!
    (witness Megs with their demise of Detailer Line APC+; now it`s back as a new product: D10701 Citrus Power Cleaner Plus. Edit: soon-to-be-discontinued!!)

I am never sure of a product that tries to be all things for all situations/purposes (but I do like Meg`s D101 All-Purpose Cleaner for a variety of vehicle detailing cleaning like carpets, vinyl, coated leather(sometimes!), door jams, trim and seals, tires/wheel wells, you get the picture). Then again, specialty products for specific detailing purposes tend to work "better". That said, if as mobile detailer I need to lug around my car-care chemical inventory and have ONE product (pun intended!) that can replace three, it might behoove me to buy and use it. (the proverbial "less is more" concept). It`s also the number of steps it can take (compound/polish/LSP) versus (ONE as a Compound/Speed as a polish-&-LSP), the time factor may be another consideration for volume (IE; dealership or used car lot) detailer or the hobbyist who just does not have (or want to take) the time (the proverbial "Time is money"). Just saying`.......
    GB detailer

Thread Information