Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tried the Dremel Versa tool?

I was at a clients house and he wanted me to check a new detailing tool he picked up - a PC10-01 4VMax Dremel Versa Power Cleaner. It is a compact, cordless, rotary tool, with a hook & look 3" `backing plate`. It comes with a `magic eraser` type cleaning pad, a couple of `Scotchbrite` type scouring pads, and a brush.
    He had been using it for several different things - polishing a brass radiator on one if his pre-war cars (with a 3" foam polishing pad), and cleaning the cast pieces of an Alco automobile engine with the brush. I tried it out a little, and it seemed fairly powerful.
    I am wondering if it would be powerful enough to polish headlights, and if you could put a 1" or 2" backing plate (not sure of the thread) on it for tight places. Price is only $50, so I may have to pick one up!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone tried the Dremel Versa tool?

Sounds interesting
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Saw some commercials for this. Tire scrubber came to mind. Also with the design, it could get into tighter places than the other 3" DA`s that are on the market. Does it use standard threads for backing plates?

Post Thanks / Like

Hope its better than any of the (recent) Dremel stuff I`ve had! I finally came to regard Dremel stuff as "disposable tools", especially their battery powered units. Finally wised up and bought a Milwaukee M12 which has already outlasted the Dremels by many years, not that *that* is any big accomplishment.

Their older corded units weren`t bad for the price, but I`d rather buy once (or even twice) when it comes to equipment that used to last for generations (still have a WWII vintage DuMore grinder that works fine).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Hope its better than any of the (recent) Dremel stuff I`ve had! I finally came to regard Dremel stuff as "disposable tools", especially their battery powered units. Finally wised up and bought a Milwaukee M12 which has already outlasted the Dremels by many years, not that *that* is any big accomplishment.

Their older corded units weren`t bad for the price, but I`d rather buy once (or even twice) when it comes to equipment that used to last for generations (still have a WWII vintage DuMore grinder that works fine).
    Just like rifle optics- “buy once,cry once”.

I have a Fein detail sander. Best tool I have. I’ve had it for over 25 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    Just like rifle optics- “buy once,cry once”...
    Yeah, I apply that to pretty much everything (except pressure washers!), especially anything firearms related. Heh heh..my inner codger is thinking "Lyman Alaskan"...still crystal-clear after all those decades and presumably serving its new owner well (I couldn`t stand for it to be sitting around unused).

I have a Fein detail sander. Best tool I have. I’ve had it for over 25 years.
    Oh yeah...I bought their Multi-Master instead of a cheaper one that might`ve worked as well...until it didn`t, which I know won`t happen with the Fein.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yeah, I apply that to pretty much everything (except pressure washers!), especially anything firearms related. Heh heh..my inner codger is thinking "Lyman Alaskan"...still crystal-clear after all those decades and presumably serving its new owner well (I couldn`t stand for it to be sitting around unused).

Oh yeah...I bought their Multi-Master instead of a cheaper one that might`ve worked as well...until it didn`t, which I know won`t happen with the Fein.
    Every time I’ve loaned mine out,it took a long time getting it back.

The Multi-Master is still the best one made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    Every time I’ve loaned mine out,it took a long time getting it back.
    I`ve gotten to the point where I`m "that guy" when it comes to anybody borrowing my [anything]. Not like *I* ever borrow anything from anybody...

Thread Information