Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Streaking Oh ? So less is better ? And if you don`t mind..Do I have to throw away the towels after wiping on the SIO2 infused product ??

Thanks in advance
    For sure much less is better, more problems occur with too heavy an application. It`s a good idea to watch the videos. I am guessing that no, unlike the Kamikaze coatings, this does not harden the same way if at all, but I`m sure those who have more experience can give you a more definitive answer.
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    For sure much less is better, more problems occur with too heavy an application. It`s a good idea to watch the videos. I am guessing that no, unlike the Kamikaze coatings, this does not harden the same way if at all, but I`m sure those who have more experience can give you a more definitive answer.
    Do not throw your towel away after OverCoat.

I’m still on my initial v1 stock, but I apply it after nearly every wash because I can’t leave well enough alone. V3 as a stand-alone product would be awesome to play with friends and family hobby details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Did you get any streaking? I got some - probably due to using too much. Lesson learned. I`d be curious as to how and to what degree 3.0 betters 2.1 - in the real world.
    No streaking at all. I have found by testing so many toppers that almost all streaking occurs when too much product is used. Try spraying on a damp microfiber to apply if streaking continues. This can be said for all toppers. The Gyeon topper is one of the hardest to apply without streaking due to its high viscosity. Another cause of streaking is applying to a hot surface. The topper can dry too fast causing streaking, similar to applying Hydro Blue types of LSPs. Another cause of streaking (and the least likely) is product incompatibility, like trying to put and SiO2 product over FK1000p when fresh. Sometimes they just don’t play well together.

I fell in love with Overcoat V1 and V2 (I couldn’t tell any difference). On immediate application the gloss and just the overall look was different than any of the other 17 (I think) toppers I tested. It was a “wow” moment, and there are few of those in detailing product testing.

Likes BudgetPlan1, Mary B, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Streaking Oh ? So less is better ? And if you don`t mind..Do I have to throw away the towels after wiping on the SIO2 infused product ??

Thanks in advance
    No need to throw away the towels. Although, and this goes for all SiO2 toppers, I find that the SiO2 does not wash out easily at all and you can contaminate your other towels to the point where they will not absorb water easily. I would wash all SiO2 infused towels separate or soak them in an APC solution (not sure this works either), but no worries about installing marring or scratches from SiO2 spray toppers.

Likes BudgetPlan1, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    No need to throw away the towels. Although, and this goes for all SiO2 toppers, I find that the SiO2 does not wash out easily at all and you can contaminate your other towels to the point where they will not absorb water easily. I would wash all SiO2 infused towels separate or soak them in an APC solution (not sure this works either), but no worries about installing marring or scratches from SiO2 spray toppers.
    I tend to fill about a gallon of water with a half ounce-ish of microfiber detergent (that’s a high concentration) in a rectangular container and then put all SiO2 towels in there right after use (while still wet). This includes buffing towels. I let them soak hours or over night, then rinse them out one by one and let dry. I then put them back into my dirty towels bin to be washed as part of my normal load. I haven’t noticed other towels getting SiO2 contaminated (hydrophobic) with this method, although I have a few waffle weaves that may have been slightly contaminated early on before consistently following this process.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got this truck on the way. As much as I hate spending hours in the heat doing a full detail, I think the Kamikaze Miiyabi, ISM, and Overcoat may be worth it on this color. A few questions.
    Should I do a paint correction with Sonax Perfect Finish before hand? My buy list is Miyabi, ISM, Overcoat, Geyon Essence, Geyon Prep, and possibly PF.
    I have a PC with LC pads and a a few totes of MF towels from back in my Zaino days, but things have changed so much since then I may just start over.
    Am I on the right path? Are the Geyon towels the ones to go with or the ones Esoteric offers?

Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1-d03c20e30ba615506f1a5540adf14491.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tul9033 View Post
    I`ve got this truck on the way. As much as I hate spending hours in the heat doing a full detail, I think the Kamikaze Miiyabi, ISM, and Overcoat may be worth it on this color. A few questions.
    Should I do a paint correction with Sonax Perfect Finish before hand? My buy list is Miyabi, ISM, Overcoat, Geyon Essence, Geyon Prep, and possibly PF.
    I have a PC with LC pads and a a few totes of MF towels from back in my Zaino days, but things have changed so much since then I may just start over.
    Am I on the right path? Are the Geyon towels the ones to go with or the ones Esoteric offers?

Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1-d03c20e30ba615506f1a5540adf14491.jpg

Nice ride !!

If you are shopping at Eso. The Gyeon Bald wipe is stellar but big coin for a throw away situation.
    They also have RC 300gsm and the Black Creature edgeless.

Likes tul9033 liked this post
    Thanks tul9033 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tul9033 View Post
    For coating & polish removal towels towels, grab 10-15 of the The Rag Company EDGELESS 300 Microfiber Towel from Esoteric; they`re $1.60 at that qty (10-15) and do well with both Miyabi and ISM.

For the coatings, a first wipe with the 300 edgeless is nice and you can use them for the 2nd wipe as well although sometimes the Edgeless 350 towels are nicer for the second wipe. I was into the Gyeon towels for a while, they are very nice but more expensive with no greater performance than the above 300/350 towels.

Another way to go is with their Ultimate Coating kit which includes pretty much everything you need to do the Miyabi/ISM application and aftercare/Maint. with Overcoat and water spot remover if needed.
    Included in the Kamikaze Ultimate Coating Kit
    1x KAMIKAZE MIYABI COAT
    1x KAMIKAZE ISM COAT v2.0
    1x KAMIKAZE OVERCOAT 100ml
    1x KAMIKAZE WATER SPOT REMOVER
    1x Gyeon Prep 500ml
    6x The Rag Company Edgeless 300 Microfiber Towels
    6x ESOTERIC Red Microfiber Towels
    6x The Rag Company Eagle 350 Towels
    Only thing you might wanna add is some AutoFiber Coating Saver terry applicators which you can find a variety of places like Autoality; while Kami kits have the block & microsuede applicator cloths to wrap around `em the microfiber/terry applicators are nicer. The pipettes (Esoteric or Amazon) are nice as well as the droppers included with the Kami coatings are a bit more irritating to use.

Even though truck is new you`d wanna do the decon/prep (something like Gyeon Iron or similar) followed by clay bar, followed by polish; Sonax perfect Finish would be fine for that on a polishing pad like a yellow Rupes or equivalent.

I see you mention `Gyeon Essence` and if you`re referring to the car wash shampoo (Gyeon Bathe Essence), I`d skip it and go with regular Gyeon Bathe...the Essence stuff is a such a gloopy mess I gave my bottle away after using it twice.

Any questions (as this is somewhat of a significant investment) call Esoteric and talk to them...they know far more about this stuff than I do.

I have some of the pipettes (actually about 450 of `em) as well as some extra`s of the Coating Saver Applicators so if you go ahead and decide to do this, PM me your address and I`ll send ya a few of each at no cost to you....they make things easier.
    Likes Mary B, tul9033, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks tul9033, bob m thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Also, just because you may or may not be able to reuse a mf towel used for coating removal, it does not mean it has to be tossed in the trash. It can still be used for all other detailing tasks around the car - interior, door sills, wheels, etc. or just around the house for general cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Budgetplan1 THANK YOU! My package arrived today, if it wasn`t for the 4th being a holiday I would have gotten it yesterday. His shipping blows AGO or Autopia out of the water Too bad I don`t have a polisher to correct the car I`m going to use Overcoat on, but I`ll still post some before and after pics. I`m fricking excited! Even the bottle it comes in is sexy. Christmas came in July this year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information