Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1

for those following this, Todd replied to my post. As of 7/1 (today) the 250ml bottle`s are the new 3.0 and the 100ml are 2.1. He didn`t mention if/when the 100ml will be v3. I don`t know what`s new in version 3, but I gotta guess it`s better. Somebody here with money order the new one and report back with tests! I can`t afford it, but I can live thru someone else who can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    for those following this, Todd replied to my post. As of 7/1 (today) the 250ml bottle`s are the new 3.0 and the 100ml are 2.1. He didn`t mention if/when the 100ml will be v3. I don`t know what`s new in version 3, but I gotta guess it`s better. Somebody here with money order the new one and report back with tests! I can`t afford it, but I can live thru someone else who can.
    From Ultimate Finish UK site:

Sacrificial Coating For Ceramic Sealants.

Kamikaze Collection`s Over Coat was ground breaking in its ability to combat the water spotting issue ceramic coatings are notoriously prone to. Now, Kamikaze Collection has released a re-engineered formulation which encourages water to bead even more prolifically to provide their best ever sacrificial coating for ceramic sealants.
    Kamikaze Collection made it their mission to solve the inherent weakness of any inorganic coating, that of the tendency to hold onto the compounds that cause white water spot marks. In the new, reformulated version, Kamikaze Collection as comprehensively reviewed all the ingredient and modified both the surfactant concentration and the type of silicone.
    The result is a sacrificial coating with improved functionality, providing a slicker finish than previously achieved. Once cured, the new formulation provides an enhanced richness to colour and a deeper, glossier reflection than ever before. and optimal modifying silicone type.
    Features & Benefits:

New improved v3.0

Significantly enhances water beading

Prolongs the life of existing sealant layers

Can be used as a stand-alone product (durability 3 - 6 months)

May be applied to a wet or dry car

Use on paint, glass, trim & wheels

Water-based & free from Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) - environmentally safe

Contains mild fillers to mask light imperfections

Directions for use:

On a wet car:`Mist Over Coat onto surface & buff with microfibre or waffle weave towel. Alternatively, spray directly onto towel & wipe onto surface.

On a dry car:`Spray Over Coat onto a soft, plush microfibre towel & wipe over the car with a buffing action

With a machine polisher:`Apply Over Coat onto a soft finishing pad & apply to the vehicle using a slow speed. This method will better help to fill any minor imperfections in the paintwork.

Technical Specification:

Water based, VOC-free

Does not contain wax, polymers or PTFE

Composition: hard resin & water-based siloxane

Water contact angle: 110 degrees

Durability: 3-6 months

pH tolerance: 2-11

Thickness layer: 1 micron

Hardness: N/A

Coverage: 100ml = 5-10 cars
    Mr. Quebert,

Somehow I ended up with 2 bottles (One from Esoteric, one from Ultimate Finish) and if you`d like to try it and are in Continental US, I`ll send ya my extra bottle at no charge. Just PM me your shipping info.

There`s no way I`ll use 500ml of Overcoat in the next 2 years Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1

Kai said if bottle has `No. 3` on it, its version 3...but I was a little unsure...he talks kinda fast. Lemme know if you`d like it and I`ll ship it out.
    Likes nickclark08, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m interested! I PM`ed you! I don`t know what to say, but you rock and I owe you something down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I`m interested! I PM`ed you! I don`t know what to say, but you rock and I owe you something down the road.
    Shipped out, info in PM. No worries, you`re helping me clear some shelf space!

Enjoy and let us all know how it goes...

Post Thanks / Like

Budget Claus.... always a gentleman and quick to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Budget Claus.... always a gentleman and quick to help.

Agree, I have Pm`d Budget many times and he`s the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing people are a special breed, I have a few very conceited ones, but the majority have been some of the nicest people, and overly helpful. What I posted about someone posting pics, I literally would have been thrilled with just seeing some 3.0 beading pics. And now I got a bottle coming my way *blink blink* BudgetPlan1`s definitely one of the good ones, I love how he said "you`re helping me clear some shelf space" I always try to be one of the helpful detailers too

When I`m working again I need to pay this good deed forward. Hell, I would have been happy if he sent me a 10ml vial lol. I took year long break from detailing when my G15 bag with all my pads, polishes and towels got stolen. I come back and a week later this happens. Don`t want to sound super sappy, but I`m very blessed today.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Chalk up another drink for BP1 if we all ever meet up. You’ve done so many good things and got so many guys wantin to buy your first drink your bound to get alcohol poisoning....Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1

Likes rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Chalk up another drink for BP1 if we all ever meet up. You’ve done so many good things and got so many guys wantin to buy your first drink your bound to get alcohol poisoning....Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1

Thanks, but it`s all very helpful to me.

If`n somebody else has the same experience as me, I know I`m doing it right.

If they have different results, I get to look back and see what I may have done wrong or what may have caused or contributed to those differing results.

And sometimes I wanna try something new but just plain don`t get around to it and still want to know how & how well it works or looks. Folks here can use and then my curiosity is satisfied.

And sometimes I just buy too much stuff and not only would trying to sell or swap it be too much trouble but `paying it forward` is also way more fun and a small way to make up for everything I`ve learned and been entertained by here.

Good stuff all around...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And humble.....

Post Thanks / Like

Getting Overcoat may be a curse, lol. Budget sent me some and I’ve yet to find anything better. Budget’s one of the good ones that is for sure.

I need to order some of the version 3. I can’t see how it got better. Must contain unicorn sweat or something.
    Likes Coatings=crack, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll admit, my initial thought after Budget’s generosity was complete jealousy, because I’ve got the hots for Overcoat and it’s one of the few I don’t have on tap. Quite frankly though, I have so many SiO2’s to try that it’s going to be a challenge as it is.

Luckily, my jealous character defect is usually short lived and I came to both logical sense regarding my own stash, and illogical amazement that someone (Budget) would just give away liquid gold, including shipping it for free (and the time that takes)!

That’s an incredible, stand-up move. I know Budget says it’s doing him a favor, but let’s be real, he is providing an above and beyond favor to essentially bring joy to another detailer that he’s never met. As much as all the news makes me think this world is going to shat, there are so many examples happening every day that shows how good people really are and this is definitely one of those (yeah I know, it’s “only” detailing but it’s really time and money; two very valuable things to give away so kindly).
    Likes SWETM, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’ll admit, my initial thought after Budget’s generosity was complete jealousy, because I’ve got the hots for Overcoat and it’s one of the few I don’t have on tap. Quite frankly though, I have so many SiO2’s to try that it’s going to be a challenge as it is.

Luckily, my jealous character defect is usually short lived and I came to both logical sense regarding my own stash, and illogical amazement that someone (Budget) would just give away liquid gold, including shipping it for free (and the time that takes)!

That’s an incredible, stand-up move. I know Budget says it’s doing him a favor, but let’s be real, he is providing an above and beyond favor to essentially bring joy to another detailer that he’s never met. As much as all the news makes me think this world is going to shat, there are so many examples happening every day that shows how good people really are and this is definitely one of those (yeah I know, it’s “only” detailing but it’s really time and money; two very valuable things to give away so kindly).
    Beautifully stated.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Getting Overcoat may be a curse, lol. Budget sent me some and I’ve yet to find anything better. Budget’s one of the good ones that is for sure.

I need to order some of the version 3. I can’t see how it got better. Must contain unicorn sweat or something.
    Did you get any streaking? I got some - probably due to using too much. Lesson learned. I`d be curious as to how and to what degree 3.0 betters 2.1 - in the real world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Did you get any streaking? I got some - probably due to using too much. Lesson learned.

Streaking Oh ? So less is better ? And if you don`t mind..Do I have to throw away the towels after wiping on the SIO2 infused product ??

Thanks in advance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information