Post Thanks / Like

PA Master Sealant/Rapidwaxx & Kamikaze Infinity Wax

Passenger: Kamikaze Infinity Wax
    Driver: PA Master Sealant + Rapidwaxx

Will likely top the Infinity with Overcoat and will top the PA Master Sealant w/ PA Rapidwaxx...and then let it ride going forward. Middle contour of hood is bare.

Just for fun, used Kamikaze Banzai Cut with Kamikaze Banzai Dynamics Wool pad to prepare/compound the hood:

One-Stage Correction Hybrid Wool Cutting Pad.
    Looking for a wool pad that ticks all the boxes for one-stage correction when machine polishing?

The Kamikaze Collection Banzai Dynamics Hybrid Wool Buff Pad achieves this. Designed specifically for use with Dual Action polishers, this low profile pad offers a more direct action from the orbital motion of the DA polisher and the paintwork, producing amazing results in minimum time.

Features & Benefits:

Hybrid Wool pad for correcting paintwork in one-stage
    Manufactured using a mix of natural wool and microfibre
    Designed to maximise the action of a Dual Action (DA) polisher
    Also suitable for use with a Rotary machine polisher
    Designed in Japan by Kamikaze Collection
    Kamikaze Collection Banzai Cutting Compound
    Superior Cutting Compound For All Paint Types.
    Japanese automotive paintwork tends to be notoriously soft so finding a cutting compound to tackle blemishes without creating further problems is almost impossible. Until now.

Kamikaze Collection Banzai Cutting Compound is formulated with diminishing abrasives that minimise post-cutting marring, even on softer paint finishes, yet is tough enough to deal with scratch resistant clearcoats. With minimal dusting and zero fillers, the results achieved are true, with no drop back.

Features & Benefits:

Suitable for soft paint finishes
    Works on hard clearcoats
    Does not contain fillers - the results it produces are true
    Produces very little dust
    Formulated to be worked for longer periods
    I had, uh, `carelessly` dragged a set of keys across the hood, inflicting some minor scratches (oops!) and the pad/compound took care of them in 4 passes (Rupes 15 Mk2). Dunno if it was the heat (about 85 in warehouse) of I didn`t work it long enough but on the first section the compound adhered itself to the hood like Megs M105; took a panel wipe wipedown to remove compound but the finish underneath was quite nice.

Ran it a bit longer next section, until compound almost clear/transparent and that seemed to work better. I`ve never really used wool too much so my technique may be rather poor, kinda treated it just like a microfiber pad.

Since I had reached `good enough` and time was growing short, did not further polish after wool/compound step.

We`ll see how the 2 products hold up going forward.

PA Master Sealant/Rapidwaxx & Kamikaze Infinity Wax-infinity_master.jpg

Left side still has un-removed Infinity Wax while right is after buffing off 1st coat of Master Sealant.

Edit: After letting the Infinity sit for nearly 2 hours, buffed off with no issues...very easy removal. 2nd layer of Master Sealant was a breeze as well. Infinity wax side is just a touch slicker/smoother than the Master Sealant side when complete. Rapidwaxx might change that in Master Sealants favor though...will know Monday moring when I top it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks RaydiantDetail, Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PA Master Sealant/Rapidwaxx & Kamikaze Infinity Wax

Thanks man!

Post Thanks / Like

The pictures look great. Was there residual marring from the wool pad? Do you think the Kamikaze Compound is similar to PA Master Compound (not one of my favorites)?

Post Thanks / Like

Have never used PA Master compound so hard to compare. But after 3-4 passes, that stuff was glued to the hood. Got better on successive sections but I didn`t have the time I really needed to compare to other compounds. Wonder if it`s the pad or the compound?

The Kami pad left a really nice finish, no marring that I could see and handled the scratches I put in the hood quite well (and quickly). I also gave a 2 sections a quick go with a Rupes Course Wool Pad and a Rupes Medium Wool pad. Shorter nap than the Kami pad and it didn`t finish quite as well or cut quite as well. I set the polisher down when done with the Kami pad and the residual polish on it was making some of the fibers kinda stiff about 15 minutes later. Came out OK after hand washing the pad though.

Gonna have to try the Banzai cut on a foam or microfiber pad and the Kami wool w/ some Jescar Compound or similar to see where the stickiness issue stems from.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The pictures look great. Was there residual marring from the wool pad? Do you think the Kamikaze Compound is similar to PA Master Compound (not one of my favorites)?
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Have never used PA Master compound so hard to compare. But after 3-4 passes, that stuff was glued to the hood. Got better on successive sections but I didn`t have the time I really needed to compare to other compounds. Wonder if it`s the pad or the compound?

The Kami pad left a really nice finish, no marring that I could see and handled the scratches I put in the hood quite well (and quickly). I also gave a 2 sections a quick go with a Rupes Course Wool Pad and a Rupes Medium Wool pad. Shorter nap than the Kami pad and it didn`t finish quite as well or cut quite as well. I set the polisher down when done with the Kami pad and the residual polish on it was making some of the fibers kinda stiff about 15 minutes later. Came out OK after hand washing the pad though.

Gonna have to try the Banzai cut on a foam or microfiber pad and the Kami wool w/ some Jescar Compound or similar to see where the stickiness issue stems from.
    I would guess it was the compound and not the pad. I’m just dipping into wool pads myself. I first though wool was only for rotary machines and now it seems more manufacturers are making them for long throw DAs. If they work better than microfiber pads and are more durable it would be great. I haven’t seen any comparisons yet. Most of the wool pads are pretty new though. I’ve been happy with the cutting ability of microfiber pads so there is going to have to be a good reason for me to change.

The PA Master Compound is very nice to work with (smells good) but it just doesn’t cut like I expect a compound to cut like. Unfortunately I measure everything against Menz FG400. 400 on foam will leave most paint so good you may not want to follow it up with anything, which is amazing. I’m always looking for something better. One of our forum members said Menz is coming out with two new polishes. I went on their website to get more info but none was available. I did sign up to be one of their testers.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I would guess it was the compound and not the pad. I’m just dipping into wool pads myself. I first though wool was only for rotary machines and now it seems more manufacturers are making them for long throw DAs. If they work better than microfiber pads and are more durable it would be great. I haven’t seen any comparisons yet. Most of the wool pads are pretty new though. I’ve been happy with the cutting ability of microfiber pads so there is going to have to be a good reason for me to change.
    Have to say, even with the difficult removal, was pretty surprised how effective it (pad or compound) removed the somewhat aggressive scratches I put in the hood.

I was using far quicker passes than a microfiber pad, and less of `em. To be honest, I stopped at 4 quick passes more to test removal and once removed, was quite surprised at the correction and finish.

Possible I used too much product, dunno, just treated it like Megs microfiber cutting disc and D300. In below vids, they`re hustling and using very little product.

Obviously, at this point, my skills with this combo are lacking...which also kinda makes it fun *IF* I can figure it out. Need more time...was kinda limited today as the real point was to get the Infinity/Master Sealant down.

https://youtu.be/OK4B29O4mLw

https://youtu.be/3TUSkkoAK6Y

https://youtu.be/rDcKNV3XhSg
    Likes RaydiantDetail, HCF, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks RaydiantDetail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing, Budget!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got back to this...

First, it started raining so nice bit of Kamikaze Infinity Wax on passenger, Polish Angel Master Sealant on drivers side:
    PA Master Sealant/Rapidwaxx & Kamikaze Infinity Wax-kami_pa_2.jpg

Pulled it in, dried it off, bit of ONR to insure, well, kinda clean:
    - Passenger Side top section: Kamikaze Infinity Wax + Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1
    - Passenger Side middle section: Kamikaze Infinity Wax w nothing else
    - Passenger Side bottom section: Kamikaze Infinity Wax + `Original` Kamikaze Overcoat

- Drivers Side: PA Master Sealant + PA Rapidwaxx
    PA Master Sealant/Rapidwaxx & Kamikaze Infinity Wax-kami_pa_1.jpg

We`ll see how it looks and feels Monday when I get back to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Chopper280, Saber732, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! How many full applications do you think you would get out of the Kamikaze Infinity Wax container?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing the comparison between Overcoat and Overcoat 2.1. Looking forward to the future updates!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Thanks for the update! How many full applications do you think you would get out of the Kamikaze Infinity Wax container?
    If I recall, snatched a jar up beginning of Spring, have done 1 coat on 2017 Honda Accord Coupe, 2004 Corvette, 2016 Civic Coupe, 2014 Acura MDX and probably have enough left to give any one of those cars another coat.

Plus side is when empty, it`s still a really cool little jar. In 18 months I`ve accumulated 3 empties and still havent found a use for `em but just cant throw them out. Have one sitting on my desk at work, nice conversation piece with its somewhat unique shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber732 View Post
    Thanks for doing the comparison between Overcoat and Overcoat 2.1. Looking forward to the future updates!
    In retrospect, shoulda run the sections lengthwise so coulda had side-by-side water bead drag races on the freeway in the rain. Shoot, I always miss something.

FWIW: The Overcoat bottle on the right in the pic has a small piece of tape next to it cuz it kept sliding off the hood. Nothing extraordinary but interesting...
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was just checking out the Polish Angel sales site and they say Master Compound now has more cut. That was my main complaint, I couldn’t get it to cut at all. I guess they got feedback and added something to make it cut better. It now says it will remove 1500 grit sanding marks. Guess I need to buy another bottle. Best smelling compound on the market.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to results, I`m in need of overcoat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thread Information