Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

PA Master Sealant/Rapidwaxx & Kamikaze Infinity Wax

Passenger: Kamikaze Infinity Wax
    Driver: PA Master Sealant + Rapidwaxx

Will likely top the Infinity with Overcoat and will top the PA Master Sealant w/ PA Rapidwaxx...and then let it ride going forward. Middle contour of hood is bare.

Just for fun, used Kamikaze Banzai Cut with Kamikaze Banzai Dynamics Wool pad to prepare/compound the hood:

One-Stage Correction Hybrid Wool Cutting Pad.
    Looking for a wool pad that ticks all the boxes for one-stage correction when machine polishing?

The Kamikaze Collection Banzai Dynamics Hybrid Wool Buff Pad achieves this. Designed specifically for use with Dual Action polishers, this low profile pad offers a more direct action from the orbital motion of the DA polisher and the paintwork, producing amazing results in minimum time.

Features & Benefits:

Hybrid Wool pad for correcting paintwork in one-stage
    Manufactured using a mix of natural wool and microfibre
    Designed to maximise the action of a Dual Action (DA) polisher
    Also suitable for use with a Rotary machine polisher
    Designed in Japan by Kamikaze Collection
    Kamikaze Collection Banzai Cutting Compound
    Superior Cutting Compound For All Paint Types.
    Japanese automotive paintwork tends to be notoriously soft so finding a cutting compound to tackle blemishes without creating further problems is almost impossible. Until now.

Kamikaze Collection Banzai Cutting Compound is formulated with diminishing abrasives that minimise post-cutting marring, even on softer paint finishes, yet is tough enough to deal with scratch resistant clearcoats. With minimal dusting and zero fillers, the results achieved are true, with no drop back.

Features & Benefits:

Suitable for soft paint finishes
    Works on hard clearcoats
    Does not contain fillers - the results it produces are true
    Produces very little dust
    Formulated to be worked for longer periods
    I had, uh, `carelessly` dragged a set of keys across the hood, inflicting some minor scratches (oops!) and the pad/compound took care of them in 4 passes (Rupes 15 Mk2). Dunno if it was the heat (about 85 in warehouse) of I didn`t work it long enough but on the first section the compound adhered itself to the hood like Megs M105; took a panel wipe wipedown to remove compound but the finish underneath was quite nice.

Ran it a bit longer next section, until compound almost clear/transparent and that seemed to work better. I`ve never really used wool too much so my technique may be rather poor, kinda treated it just like a microfiber pad.

Since I had reached `good enough` and time was growing short, did not further polish after wool/compound step.

We`ll see how the 2 products hold up going forward.

PA Master Sealant/Rapidwaxx & Kamikaze Infinity Wax-infinity_master.jpg

Left side still has un-removed Infinity Wax while right is after buffing off 1st coat of Master Sealant.

Edit: After letting the Infinity sit for nearly 2 hours, buffed off with no issues...very easy removal. 2nd layer of Master Sealant was a breeze as well. Infinity wax side is just a touch slicker/smoother than the Master Sealant side when complete. Rapidwaxx might change that in Master Sealants favor though...will know Monday moring when I top it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks RaydiantDetail, Ronkh thanked for this post

Thread Information