Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aquapel...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aquapel...

Quote Originally Posted by showbbq View Post
    Nice! I was thinking about trying Aquapel or McKees 37 glass coating. Kamikaze still works pretty well on the glass though so I`ll probably hold off for a bit.
    I used both several times. The McKees works but not as well as aquapel does for me. I have tried the McKee`s on several vehicles in the last year and never have had great results. I`ve been using aquapel since around 2001.

I usually apply aquapel about once a year. They claim 6-9 months durability. That all comes down to how often you wash your car, and wiper usage obviously.

I have tried:

Rain-x (horrible)
    Aquapel (long standing favorite)
    McKee`s (better than nothing)
    Gtechnig glass 1/2 (on my garage queen so it seems to work well but no comment on durability. It`s also pretty expensive.)
    Wolfgang deep gloss spritz sealant (extended cab side glass and rear window in my daily truck which gets washed pretty much never and holding up pretty well, I`m impressed because it didn`t hold up on the trashed paint)
    IGL Window (have yet to apply)

John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Given the low cost, this one was pretty good. It`s gone now, replaced with Intenso but for the 2 months I had it, was pretty good in both dry and wet. Seemed to be fading a bit by the end of 2 months though.

Post Thanks / Like

Old thread, but instead of starting a new one I’ll refresh this

I just bought a capsule of aquapel. Will one capsule do all windows on a mid-sized car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Old thread, but instead of starting a new one I’ll refresh this

I just bought a capsule of aquapel. Will one capsule do all windows on a mid-sized car?

Nope you get the windshield only usually. If you are fast you can get the front side windows also. If you notice that the capsule don`t releasing anymore product. First try to squeze the wings together again and apply a little pressure on it against the window. Then this is something I have only heard that you can get more out of it on something like the side windows. That`s to have a little of ethanol and dripp on the applicator. This seems to be haveing ethanol as a carrier so when you wet it a little more with it you can get a slightly more product out of it. Ohh forgot to mention the second thing after pressing and apply pressure. You can get the applicator on to the windshield again and pick up the product that`s left over there. Again this needs to be done fast and methodical LOL. And to be honest I don`t know if it`s worth the hazzle of the application of Aquapel. Instead of just go with a long lasting glass sealant or glass coating. Something like Gtechnic G1 Glass Coating if you drive the vehical mostly on the highways and the price is not that much higher and consider also the much longer durability from it. If you drive more in the city and low speed roads I would test with the Gtechnic G5 Water Repellent Coating. It`s more like a glass sealant but the water starts to run off in lower speed than a ceramic glass coating. The durability from it is less so needs to be reapplyied more often than the G1. You get more product that gets it to the same value as a glass coating IMO. Even something like the Turtle Wax Clear Veu works great when you drive mostly in lower speeds. And lasts on a performance between a month or 2 depending how much you use the wipers and how many mileage you drive. Rain-X and Angelwax H2go is other glass sealants that works great in lower speeds. If you drive mostly highways just get a ceramic glass coating on the windshield. It`s how the rain drops hits the windshield and how they work differently in different speeds. Also since you may use the wipers in the lower speeds a dedicated ceramic glass coating will be very much more durable to that kind of abrasions. And if you apply a ceramic glass coating also replace the wipers to a new set of them. That takes out the guessing if they are good enough and also the wipers will have a higher performance and last longer on a newly applyied ceramic glass coating. Can seems to over-doing it but trust me it`s worth to replace the wipers when you starts to apply any kind of glass sealant or coating.

Hope it helped a little

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. I did look into the G1 coating as well as the Gyeon coating

Most of our driving is local and in 2 lane roads. Most of our highway driving is in daylight thanks to a son who gets very car sick every time we go anywhere in the highway in the dark. But our “date” nights always end up being on rainy evenings it seems

Probably on my DD I’ll stick with something more cost effective and look into a coating for our family vehicle

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using Griot`s Glass Sealant for a few years and have been pleased with its performance. Application is usually about every 3 months. At a price piont undr $10, it`s also a bargain. My current bottle is about empty after almost 3 years. "Breakaway" speed, when the beads start to blow off is about 35 mph, assuming the w/shield is clean. I rarely use the wipers, just a single swipe now and then if traffic is such that I can`t maintain 35-40 mph. I`ve had people riding with me ask me if my wipers are OK, since I`m not using them. My response-"you can see fine, why bother". One thing I`ve found that affects the performance is the cleanliness of the glass. I do mostly rinseless washes with DG, ONR or UWWA, but always hit the windshield with glass cleaner, since the residuals from the RW`s affect the performance. I tried Aquapel for a couple apps and it seemed to fall off in performance after about 6 months or so.
    Has anyone tried the Car Pro products, either Forte or Fly-by-30 ?

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information