Post Thanks / Like

Finally grabbed a Rupes Mark II 21mm

So the other day during heavy cutting with my BOSS 21mm I noticed it started running rough/vibrating. After looking it over I saw that the whole counter weight assembly had some play in it to where I could move it back and fourth. So with the awesome Griots warranty I sent it out and they will be sending me a new one. No complaints here at all. Anyone who has followed me has known I purchased that tool shortly after there release and have been hammering on it since September of 2015.

Now with all of my other machines I have I don`t have a back up 21mm. And the next vehicle coming in I knew I would need one. So I finally grabbed a Rupes 21mm Mark II and got the 5in plate for it.

I have got some use with it and first impressions are its definitely smooth. It also seems quieter than other machines. Maybe its just me lol. Also the one thing that really stood out is that I don`t need to run it turned up at all for it to correct like crazy. Speed 3.5/4 with a microfiber cutting pad is all that`s needed. I did turn it up for a few passes and could tell I was sending a huge amount of heat into the pad.

I would say the only little nit picky thing is the trigger lock seems a bit trickier to use. But that could just be me lol.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes RaydiantDetail, Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally grabbed a Rupes Mark II 21mm

Awesome. Enjoy! I also have both the GG21 and the 21 mk2 with the Kamakize 5" beast backing plate. I also find the Rupes to be slightly smoother in operation. I have to actually send it in for maintenance its been making a grinding noise so I have had to shelve it for the time being and just use the GG21 which is still a great machine.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally grabbed a Rupes Mark II 21mm

Congrats on the new tool. I’m with you on turning the power much past 4. Pads can’t take all the heat generated. I’ve got the Rupes 15 MKII, but I’ll stick with my old Rupes 21 for flat surfaces and just run it up to 6 if necessary.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Thread Information