Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee`s37 Tar Max Tar Remover

Im pretty well hooked on Geyon Tar but may give this new stuff a shot. I liked Tarminator but couldn`t keep using it due to how wasteful it was being aerosol and spraying like a fire hose even if you just needed a little bit. Got too expensive

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Weight Adhesive is a different animal, and I can`t imagine using anything except 3M Adhesive Remover.

For tar, I gather I`m the only person here who uses ValuGard New Car Prep, kinda surprises me that nobody else uses it for anything.

And yeah, I do appreciate what a problem tree droppings/etc. can be for people; I suspect that`s what ate through the paint (not just the clear in some places) of my `93 Audi.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used Goo Gone on wheel weight adhesive with good results. I have four more wheels to do later this week. My dad is getting a oil change and new tires tomorrow
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

The UPC stickers on my latest Michelins were positioned right at the beads, half on half off, would`ve stuck out from the wheel rims. Took FOREVER to get `em off! Goo Gone, Dissolve It, nothing worked except for the 3M Adhesive Remover, which I hated to use on rubber. Even that took a long, long time. Bugged the [heck] out of me. The old weights came off in no time, but not those stickers.

Post Thanks / Like

Stoner`s Xenit is a bit safer than 3M for those sensitive areas

Post Thanks / Like

Darn it`s $80 for a gallon of the M37 Tar remover. Might be time to organize a 55 gallon drum shipment of Tardis from the UK and distribute 5 gallon to everyone to cover the costs + shipping. It`s been a long time since I`ve seen someone do it. That 5 gallons of Tardis was probably the best money I`ve ever spent on detailing products. It lasted me quite a while too.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent an email to Autosmart about having a 205 Liter barrel shipped to the US.

Post Thanks / Like

So Autosmart replied stating that they they cannot ship their products internationally, however, they do have a US distributor now that is located outside of Philadelphia. So I am finding out what it would take make a large barrel purchase.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Stoner`s Xenit is a bit safer than 3M for those sensitive areas
    Heh heh, I bet a *lot* of alternatives are safer than the old Pre-VOC 3M Luckily I only reach for it once in a blue moon..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    So Autosmart replied stating that they they cannot ship their products internationally, however, they do have a US distributor now that is located outside of Philadelphia. So I am finding out what it would take make a large barrel purchase.
    Tardis is one of the most effective tar removers. Autosmart often only sells to companys that uses it and not for selling it. But do you get a nice sells person from the distributor you can make a deal with them as a private person. This is in Sweden how it works. And could be another story in the US.

We use very much of tar removers here. And then the offerings of them is quite large. During the winter it`s a maintance product even lol. Before foamcannons got really popular. The most common method of those that take care of their cars. Was to have 2 pump spray bottles. One with a tar remover which is not so potent as tardis but close to it. Spray the tar remover on dry paint as a first step. Don`t apply it over the side windows cause if you get in the doors it desolves the rust protection in them over time. So on the lower side panels and the back of the car and let it dwell for as long as possible before it dries. Then over the tar remover an alkaline based degreaser is sprayed over the whole car. Dwell for about 5 minutes and then PW clean rinsing it off from bottom and work your way up. This got you all the road salt and very much of the road grime and road film off the car. And then do your bucket wash as useally. You don`t get the rinse bucket that dirty and the last road film gets off with ease with a few wipes with the wash media. This is often done on the gas stations that have wash bay garages they lease out by the hour. And is done in the winter months when the road salt is on the roads. Just a little information on how many do it here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Tardis is one of the most effective tar removers. Autosmart often only sells to companys that uses it and not for selling it. But do you get a nice sells person from the distributor you can make a deal with them as a private person. This is in Sweden how it works. And could be another story in the US.

We use very much of tar removers here. And then the offerings of them is quite large. During the winter it`s a maintance product even lol. Before foamcannons got really popular. The most common method of those that take care of their cars. Was to have 2 pump spray bottles. One with a tar remover which is not so potent as tardis but close to it. Spray the tar remover on dry paint as a first step. Don`t apply it over the side windows cause if you get in the doors it desolves the rust protection in them over time. So on the lower side panels and the back of the car and let it dwell for as long as possible before it dries. Then over the tar remover an alkaline based degreaser is sprayed over the whole car. Dwell for about 5 minutes and then PW clean rinsing it off from bottom and work your way up. This got you all the road salt and very much of the road grime and road film off the car. And then do your bucket wash as useally. You don`t get the rinse bucket that dirty and the last road film gets off with ease with a few wipes with the wash media. This is often done on the gas stations that have wash bay garages they lease out by the hour. And is done in the winter months when the road salt is on the roads. Just a little information on how many do it here
    That`s aggressive but seems like a very sound procedure. Luckily for the most part our cars don`t get covered in tar here in the midwest. I also think that panel wipes (coating prep) should be similar to tar removers i.e. some kind of hydrocarbon solvent (prep-all, upol, etc). I don`t know enough about the chemicals to know what makes one or another fast/safe/cheap

Post Thanks / Like

Well, some good news. I got a response from the US distributor of Autosmart products. He replied that they do sell the Tardis product to all parts of the US. They have it in 1, 5 and 55 gallon containers. PM me a message for the information out of respect for McKees 37. Probably not cool to talk about this on this thread anymore.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, I bet a *lot* of alternatives are safer than the old Pre-VOC 3M Luckily I only reach for it once in a blue moon..
    I still have about 1/4th of a quart can I bought 20years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Older- Lasts a long time as long as you don`t spill it I gave my favorite Audi tech a can years ago (which he reserves for use on my wheel weights), bet he`ll have some left if (heaven forbid!) he retires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information