Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow McKess 37 10 min. paint sealant.

https://youtu.be/wC1oHGbDBoo

I had the time yesterday to finally get my spring/summer LSP on. This year I chose the McKess 10 min. paint sealant. Glad I did! Started with a good decon wash with Megs wash plus. Yea, this stuff does really work. Left the paint clean and ready for the paint sealant. Into the garage it went. Grabbed a new MF applicator pad and the sealant. Only 1-2 spritzes per panel. Then spread it out. The sprayer does a great job of dispersing the product. Flashes very quickly. This a true wipe on walk away product. The scent was ok, nothing offensive. Wow! Left the paint extremely glossy. Mirror like depth. I did a quick second coat just to make sure I got full coverage. Any high spots can be taken off with ease with a clean MF towel. I did not do the glass as it is coated already with McKess glass coat. A truly remarkable paint sealant and it was a joy to use. Work smarter, not harder. Pics will follow soon.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Mary B, Bunky liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKess 37 10 min. paint sealant.

I use the stuff for Friends new Civic, no polish, just straight from a Dawn wash to this 10 minute sealant. It worked very well. Similar to the polymer WOWA products like crystal seal. Hoping it lasts a bit longer with it`s Si02 makeup.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So essentially this is the same type of product as Ultima Paint Guard +???
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    UPG Is a polymer, this is a silica base. It should last longer.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Read it can also be used on wet paint or as a drying aid also.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Used it on Thursday on my Chevy Volt. Looks very good; only time will tell about it`s useful life.
    2021 Acura RDX, Pearl Red
    2022 Cadillac CT-4V Blackwing, Blaze Orange
    2022 Mazda MX-5, Snowflake White
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Can`t get much easier then 10 minute paint sealant and use Hydro Blue to maintain! Love that combo!
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Can it be used on black plastic pebble grain trim???
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

From the description.. 10 Minute Paint Sealant is a clear-polymer that is applied unlike any traditional paste or liquid wax. Instead of applying with an applicator, waiting for it to haze over, and buffing off (what I describe as therapy), 10 Minute Paint Sealant falls into the category of wipe on, walk away sealants, meaning you simply spray it onto the surface, spread it out (side to side, then up and down) then – get this – walk away. No rubbing. No buffing. Oh, and you can apply 10 Minute Paint Sealant to all exterior surfaces including paint, glass, wheels, chrome, and SMOOTH PLASTIC TRIM.

So my guess pebble trim might cause a issue?
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes xspwrstang liked this post

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

From the description.. 10 Minute Paint Sealant is a clear-polymer
    autogeek discription shows this is a si02 product, not polymer. Hoping this means it`ll last longer than the polymers like Crystal Seal or UPG+.....

McKee`s 37 10 Minute Paint Sealant is an SiO2 enhanced, wipe-on, walk-away product that leaves a long lasting high gloss finish after just one application. Safe for use on all exterior surfaces, including paint, wheels, chrome, and even glass, McKee`s 37 10 Minute Paint Sealant`s hyper-concentrated formula is easy to use and will provide up to 6 months of protection! If you`re short on time but don`t want to sacrifice your car`s finish, McKee`s 37 10 Minute Paint Sealant is just what you need!
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt it should.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

And if it doesn’t last, they will throw the classic line of well it’s so quick to put on it’s not a big deal go put a new coat on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

McKee`s is the one product line that I am not impressed with whatsoever. I used their paint coating on two different vehicles. I was not impressed whatsoever. I`ve used dozens of other products that are much friendlier to use than this one. I`m glad you had better luck than I did.

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/wC1oHGbDBoo

I had the time yesterday to finally get my spring/summer LSP on. This year I chose the McKess 10 min. paint sealant. Glad I did! Started with a good decon wash with Megs wash plus. Yea, this stuff does really work. Left the paint clean and ready for the paint sealant. Into the garage it went. Grabbed a new MF applicator pad and the sealant. Only 1-2 spritzes per panel. Then spread it out. The sprayer does a great job of dispersing the product. Flashes very quickly. This a true wipe on walk away product. The scent was ok, nothing offensive. Wow! Left the paint extremely glossy. Mirror like depth. I did a quick second coat just to make sure I got full coverage. Any high spots can be taken off with ease with a clean MF towel. I did not do the glass as it is coated already with McKess glass coat. A truly remarkable paint sealant and it was a joy to use. Work smarter, not harder. Pics will follow soon.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Same product category (wipe on, walk away sealant), although 10 Minute Paint Sealant is far more substantial in its formulation than other competing products.

Yes! That`s my personal favorite way of applying it (2-3 sprays on WET paint).

Can it be used on black plastic pebble grain trim???
    Sure. It`s not going to hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    And if it doesn’t last, they will throw the classic line of well it’s so quick to put on it’s not a big deal go put a new coat on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wouldn`t that make sense? I mean, if your tires no longer shine, what do you normally do? You apply more tire shine.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie View Post
    McKee`s is the one product line that I am not impressed with whatsoever. I used their paint coating on two different vehicles. I was not impressed whatsoever. I`ve used dozens of other products that are much friendlier to use than this one. I`m glad you had better luck than I did.
    I`m surprised to hear that. It would be great if you would contact me directly so I can help you dial in your technique with any products that you`re not satisfied with. Nick@McKees37.com
    Likes pwaug, nickclark08, PA DETAILER, KBsToy, 89LXi and 2 others liked this post
    Thanks pwaug, KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am equally surprised that you’ve never heard that before. Ive read feedback that contradicts it. Just to explain where I’m coming from, I bought your product for two reasons. 1st reason was I had used ceramic coatings and paint coatings for several years. There really was no issue with operator error or technique that I’ve gained that would allow me to mess up. 2nd reason was yours was on a 2 for 1 deal on this site. I figured what do I have to lose?

After using it the last time, with the same substandard results, I’ve learned a couple things. I think your product might be better if it wasn’t in a pump spray bottle form. Similar to the bottle form for example CarPro C Quartz. Take the applicator, place the suade piece over it, and put on a few drops. Not spray.
    The results from that were nothing short of amazing.

There is many great coatings out there. I just don’t believe, respectfully, that yours is one of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information