Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKess 37 10 min. paint sealant.

10 Minute Paint Sealant has been a blast to work with. It`s a little different compared to the standard WOWA, I feel it`s a bit heavier on application but once you give that final buff the wipeoff has been extremely clean. The water behavior is very comparable to Ultimate Fast Finish.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie View Post
    I am equally surprised that you’ve never heard that before. Ive read feedback that contradicts it. Just to explain where I’m coming from, I bought your product for two reasons. 1st reason was I had used ceramic coatings and paint coatings for several years. There really was no issue with operator error or technique that I’ve gained that would allow me to mess up. 2nd reason was yours was on a 2 for 1 deal on this site. I figured what do I have to lose?

After using it the last time, with the same substandard results, I’ve learned a couple things. I think your product might be better if it wasn’t in a pump spray bottle form. Similar to the bottle form for example CarPro C Quartz. Take the applicator, place the suade piece over it, and put on a few drops. Not spray.
    The results from that were nothing short of amazing.

There is many great coatings out there. I just don’t believe, respectfully, that yours is one of them.
    Which version of the coating were you working with? I would agree with you with regards to the bottle and sprayer. It took about 9 months after its first use before my bottle of the SiO2 enhanced coating turned to jelly. I suppose that`s to be expected, however my other collection of coatings are all still in liquid form even after 1+ years of being opened. I don`t think the McKee`s spray bottle is the best way to prolong any long term usability but generally coatings are known to have a short shelf life after first use anyways.

My first uses were excellent, and its performance and durability has been incredible on my test sections. Easily one of my favorites to work with, but I also agree that I prefer to apply without the sprayer. I used a dropper from one of the Gyeon kits to apply mine after the first test, the sprayer top quickly clogged even after clearing it after use.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit off topic here as I haven’t tried the McKee’s product just yet. I plan on giving it a go. WaxManRonnie, I’m surprised that you dislike their entire line but to each their own. I’ve liked all of their products that I have used and have no reason to think I wouldn’t like this one.

This all said, as “Wipe On/Walk Away” products go, I’m sad that BlackFire’s Crystal Seal is gone, it was a stupid easy product to use with predictable results. @Nick@McKee’s37, I’m really hoping that McKee’s 10 Minute Sealant will fill this hole for me, if it lasts a bit longer, all the better.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes WaxManRonnie liked this post

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been a huge follower of the WOWA productS since 2011… It`s all I use for everything.

I have put Blackfire Crystal seal, McKees 10 minute, Ultima paint guard plus, and reload on a car recently. I really can`t tell a difference between any of them. They all work great. I`m hoping that the SI02 products will protect longer. My crystal seal was a couple years old, and it still acts is if it`s brand new, the ultima the same. I won`t be happy if this McKees turns to Jelly after nine months.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    A bit off topic here as I haven’t tried the McKee’s product just yet. I plan on giving it a go. WaxManRonnie, I’m surprised that you dislike their entire line but to each their own. I’ve liked all of their products that I have used and have no reason to think I wouldn’t like this one.

This all said, as “Wipe On/Walk Away” products go, I’m sad that BlackFire’s Crystal Seal is gone, it was a stupid easy product to use with predictable results. @Nick@McKee’s37, I’m really hoping that McKee’s 10 Minute Sealant will fill this hole for me, if it lasts a bit longer, all the better.
    If you haven`t bought it yet, I`ll send you a full unopened bottle.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to get rid of it I`ll take it---Thanks in advance
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    10 Minute Paint Sealant has been a blast to work with. It`s a little different compared to the standard WOWA, I feel it`s a bit heavier on application but once you give that final buff the wipeoff has been extremely clean. The water behavior is very comparable to Ultimate Fast Finish.

Which version of the coating were you working with? I would agree with you with regards to the bottle and sprayer. It took about 9 months after its first use before my bottle of the SiO2 enhanced coating turned to jelly. I suppose that`s to be expected, however my other collection of coatings are all still in liquid form even after 1+ years of being opened. I don`t think the McKee`s spray bottle is the best way to prolong any long term usability but generally coatings are known to have a short shelf life after first use anyways.

My first uses were excellent, and its performance and durability has been incredible on my test sections. Easily one of my favorites to work with, but I also agree that I prefer to apply without the sprayer. I used a dropper from one of the Gyeon kits to apply mine after the first test, the sprayer top quickly clogged even after clearing it after use.
    Was it the McKees Paint Coating that gelled up after 9 months? I’ve got some PBL Paint Coating in a similar bottle that is around 3 years old and is still liquid. Coatings do have a short shelf life, but we have found this out only through buying and using. It would be helpful if manufacturers would put the shelf life on the bottle. CarPro is the only manufacturer that I know of that even puts an expiration date on their products. It also would be helpful if manufacturers would put a date when the product was manufactured on the bottle so we can know if we have an old product or a new one.
    Likes WaxManRonnie, glfnaz, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post

Which version of the coating were you working with? I would agree with you with regards to the bottle and sprayer. It took about 9 months after its first use before my bottle of the SiO2 enhanced coating turned to jelly.
    Don`t know of the version. I bought it back in March, and that was the 1st time using it, shortly after.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information