Post Thanks / Like

Review - Griot`s Garage Orbital Polsiher Rack

Product: Griot’s Garage Orbital Polisher Rack

Price: $79.99

Product Description:

Griot`s Garage Orbital Polisher Rack is a heavy-duty 16-gauge steel rack designed to keep your polishers and your garage organized! Large enough to hold three large machines and two smaller machines, Griots Garage Orbital Polisher Rack is ideal for detailing shops and garages. Featuring rubber lined edges to protect your polishers and hooks along the bottom for cords, the Griot`s Garage Orbital Polisher Rack allows you to both stow and proudly display your well-loved machines. The laser-cut Griot`s Garage logo in the center shows the world you know how to have fun in your garage!

If you`re anything like we are, you have a ton of space in your garage taken up by your various tools and machines. Sure you can get cabinets for storage (which take up even more space!), but how accessible are the contents when the door is shut? The Griot`s Garage Orbital Polisher Rack takes store to the next level - literally - by giving you the ability to hang your machines and tools on the wall.

Griot`s Garage Orbital Polisher Rack mounts at 6 attachment points so there`s no need to worry about it falling down, and is constructed from a stout 16-gauge steel. Now the only thing you`ll need to worry about is how many Griot`s Garage Orbital Polisher Racks you`ll need to buy to hold everything you have!

Keep your tools and your garage safe and organized with Griot`s Garage Orbital Polisher Rack.

Griot`s Garage Orbital Polisher Rack measure 21" x 16 ½" x 3 ¾" and weighs approximately 5 lbs.
    During the last 25% off sale over at Autogeek, I pulled the trigger on the Griot’s Garage Polisher Rack. It was hard to pass up at $59.99 shipped to my doorstep. I found this to be the nicest looking of the available polisher racks sold through Autogeek.

As it arrived, it showed up packed in two boxes. One slim box packaged within the larger Autogeek box. It was also bagged within the smaller box. It arrived with no shipping damages.

I must mention that it does come with a small bag which contains 6 mounting screws. Be sure not to throw them away.

Upon looking at it, I could see what a nice crafted product this is. It has the Griot`s car cutout right in the center.

The polisher rack can hold three polishers on the top. The hooks at the bottom are there for the power cord. The lower circle cutout’s are also places to mount additional polishers that have a smaller backing plate. One thing I found odd is that the lower cutout’s do not have a rubber gasket like the top of it. Griot’s should consider adding that to the polisher rack. I will be looking for a similar material and modifying the rack for my personal taste.

Before I get to the mounted photos, I will also mention some small quality issues. One is the Griot’s Garage emblem applied to the structure. It is off center and it looks like it was afterthought when it was applied.

The other issue is here on the logo. This is a close up of the windshield. Notice the black mark. This is probably a left over burn mark during the manufacturing process.

These are the minor nit picks I have about the polisher rack.

I did not use the included screws. I used dry wall anchors and screws to mount it on the wall. The included screws were to large for the anchors so I had some equivalent size screws that worked.

For those of you who are Griot’s only fans take a deep breath haha. I mounted all of my Rupes polishers onto the polisher rack. Sacrilege I know. But it sure does look nice.

I tried mounting the Rupes Nano into the lower cutout and it fits ok in that area. But it fit much better in the one of the wheel cutouts with the base of the nano sitting up against the power cord instead of the rack itself.

Final thoughts:

First off this is a well constructed piece and it looks great mounted on the wall. It is a good size for those that have a handful of polishers. The hooks make it convenient for keeping the power cords in order and organized. It takes away any stress from wrapping the cord around the tool.

There are a few minor manufacturing issues that I have with it. Such as the Griot’s Garage emblem not being placed straight. Also the minor black mark from what appears to be from the manufacturing process to cut out the logo. And finally that there is no gasket included for the lower two cutouts. It probably does not cost much to include a couple more pieces in those areas to avoid any possibility of chipping the paint. I can live with these but it is something for the folks at Griot`s to consider for future product updates.

Overall a very nice quality polisher rack to store ones polishers. I would recommend it as it looks great mounted on the wall displaying whatever polishers one owns for quick access and easy storage.

Thanks for reading.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Stokdgs, Mary B, Fishing thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Griot`s Garage Orbital Polsiher Rack

As always, nicely done Guz
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Guz!

I`m with you, how does that crooked Griot`s emblem pass quality control?

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine, got one when they first came out. I too wonder about the emblem? Thank you for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes The Guz, BadgerRivFan, Loach, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks The Guz, JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

Mike Lambert: Thanks for posting that pic.... I had been wondering what it would look like with red on red, vs black on red like with The Guz.

Anyone with Flex machines on it? hehe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    As always, nicely done Guz
    Thanks. You asked for it so I figured I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    Great review Guz!

I`m with you, how does that crooked Griot`s emblem pass quality control?
    Thanks. I am surprised it was sent out with these minor flaws. I am not sure if these are made in house or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I love mine, got one when they first came out. I too wonder about the emblem? Thank you for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. It sure does look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks for the review.

Mike Lambert: Thanks for posting that pic.... I had been wondering what it would look like with red on red, vs black on red like with The Guz.

Anyone with Flex machines on it? hehe.
    Thanks for reading. If you have a Flex to donate I can put it on the rack for you to curb your curiosity
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! I may have to pick one up during the next sale. It beats storing them in bags.

Post Thanks / Like

nice review. I could use one of those and that`s a pretty fair price

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Nice review! I may have to pick one up during the next sale. It beats storing them in bags.
    Thanks. Totally agree. I would end up putting them back in the boxes after I was completely done. Now I can just hang them up and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    nice review. I could use one of those and that`s a pretty fair price
    Thanks. Was hard to pass up at that price. The defects are so minor based on the overall effectiveness of what it is designed to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks for reading. If you have a Flex to donate I can put it on the rack for you to curb your curiosity
    Let me think about it....Donate? LOL, no. Maybe one day I`ll come by with a handful of the Flex tools just to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    It beats storing them in bags.
    Or back in their original boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, and Very nice !
    Looks like one could fit 7 polishers on the unit.
    6 screws with toggles would hold them.

Post Thanks / Like

Old thread I know, but does anyone know where and if this is still available?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Astouffer512:
    Are you referring to this thread about a polishing machine/buffer sheet metal rack/holder??
    Can Anyone Source this Polisher Rack to the US?

Two question I have about this Griot`s Garage polishing machine holder:
    1) What are the two access holes by the cord wrap tabs for? To access a wall electrical outlet and leave the cords plugged in (if you have a 25 foot cord on a polisher)? Lightening weight-wise the rack itself? Manufacturing holes for holding the rack while painting it??
    2) Is the black plastic edge guard heavy enough to withstand repeated removal and hanging of polishers OR should an extra replacement edge guard be included with the rack? (Hey, they include extra electrical motor brushes with their polishers. Just sayin...)
    (Captain Obvious being a product and manufacturing engineer)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Astouffer512:
    Are you referring to this thread about a polishing machine/buffer sheet metal rack/holder??
    Can Anyone Source this Polisher Rack to the US?

Two question I have about this Griot`s Garage polishing machine holder:
    1) What are the two access holes by the cord wrap tabs for? To access a wall electrical outlet and leave the cords plugged in (if you have a 25 foot cord on a polisher)? Lightening weight-wise the rack itself? Manufacturing holes for holding the rack while painting it??
    2) Is the black plastic edge guard heavy enough to withstand repeated removal and hanging of polishers OR should an extra replacement edge guard be included with the rack? (Hey, they include extra electrical motor brushes with their polishers. Just sayin...)
    (Captain Obvious being a product and manufacturing engineer)
    Lonnie,

No I am referring to the griots polisher rack. It seems to be discontinued?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I heard they discontinued this to get ready for a new design.

Thread Information