Re: Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    imho-high gloss brighter-glossier
    +1
    haven`t found anything that can best it`s hydrophobic action
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I’ve got cosmic. And I like it a lot. I have not tried overcoat but right now I’m loving Premier from IGL. It’s easy, beads like mad and lasts. I appreciate your comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Well, finally strayed a bit, SiO2-wise, from that which was a proven performer for me on personal vehicles (Overcoat), dipping a toe into Polish Angel with Cosmic Spritz.

I`ll credit Ron for what initially appears to be another great booster for coatings (he first hooked me up with Overcoat) as i seem to recall he was an early adopter of Polish Angel as well. It`s still early, but after driving a couple hundred miles in varying weather with the Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz on top of my black, Kamikaze coated car, Cosmic appears to equal Overcoat in terms of self cleaning and water behavior, perhaps exceeding it in some aspects. That doesn`t necessarily make it a better product but rather an excellent alternative performer that reaches the same destination via a different path, that destination being keeping my car looking good with minimal effort on my part.

Gave the daily driver a nice, complete foam/wash and dry last Sunday, removing the last remnants of a harsh, NE Ohio winter. Figrd I`d give Cosmic a go as a drying aid with a Platinum Pluffle which worked OK, made drying easier and more efficient but Overcoat is more effective (easier and does a better job) when used in that fashion. Really not an issue though as Cosmic is so easy to apply to a dry surface that even *I* couldn`t streak it...and I have a unique ability to streak anything I apply to s dry surface. Kenotek Showroom Shine, Gyeon Cure, Overcoat...i could probably leave streaks applying water to paint. Cosmic, however, went on and came off without a hitch using a Gyeon PolishWipe as an initial applicator (spritz or two per panel), followed by a Rag Company Wizard for final wipe/buff.

Cosmic leaves a sharper gloss than Overcoat and that gloss is pretty much immediately apparent as opposed to Overcoat which, to me, leaves a warmer gloss that builds up during the 12-24hrs after application. It (Cosmic) was quite nice and really gave the black paint a high gloss and sharpness that was very, very `classy`.

Got a nice day of varying climate yesterday, starting the day with a clean but pollen covered car, pulling out of the garage into some nice, steady rain. 30 or so highway miles later, the first completely entertaing attribute of Cosmic Spritz was apparent: rain apparently fears Cosmic. Water beads were sprinting off the hood while underway in a manner that exceeded Overcoat and Gyeon Syncro with respect to the speed of beads clearing the area; it was truly impressive and surprising given how well those two perform in that area.

Outran the rain a mile or 2 before getting to work and by the time i parked it, the horizontal surfaces looked cleaner than when I left home, with a very nice sharp gloss apparent. Vertical sides of car had some road film/spray apparent in typical areas behind wheel wells but from 5-10ft away is was not very obvious; from 20ft you`d think the car was just washed. It`s almost like the gloss is sharp enough to burn thru any slight dirt or dust that may be on the paint. Wierd, but pretty cool.

After another day of wind, rain and freeway commutes, it still looks impressively good. Sure, there is some dirt and water spots about but for a black car that spent the last 2 days driving through rain on roads that still haven`t yet been completely flushed of winter residues, it`s really nice.

Only question left is durability but for the look, entertaining water behavior, great self cleaning and easy application, I think I`m gonna give it a run this summer...it`s not like I could go longer than a month without rubbing something on it after a wash anyway.

As for Cosmic vs Overcoat, it`s really not a question of better, but rather different. Overcoat has a softer gloss while Cosmic is sharper kinda gloss. Cosmic is easier to apply dry, Overcoat is a better and more efficient drying aid (which appeals to my laziness). Both are excellent in the self cleaning area, perhaps with an edge to Overcoat due to its tendency to produce small beads that kinda shrink and disappear in the sun. Cosmic makes getting rained on more tolerable due to the crazy water show taking place on the hood at speeds over 35mph.

Unless something untoward happens with Cosmic, I can see it sharing shelf space with Overcoat. Overcoat, for me, has been such an enjoyable and amazing product that it will probably always be a favorite; it`s proven itself over the long haul since 2016 and has never disappointed. Cosmic, at this very early point anyway, is equally impressive and entertaining, giving me a bit of a choice with regards to appearance and experience without sacrificing any of the solid self cleaning characteristics that make products like this appealing to me.

Fun stuff.

Well done, Ron...appreciate it!
    Likes Ronkh, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    +1
    haven`t found anything that can best it`s hydrophobic action
    Zirkon has better beads IMO

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a few weeks and some miles on our cars with the Cosmic Spritz. I still like it immensley but it doesnt seem to be quite as `beefy` as Overcoat on cars with heavy usage with respect to visual water behavior. It does keep the car looking clean, however...the advantage in brilliance and brightness over Overcoat just seems to `burn through` any light dust on the car.

It also seems that normal dirt and grime `clog` Cosmic more quickly than it does Overcoat and while not really affecting appearance significantly, it reduces the entertaining water movement across the hood at freeway speeds. Cosmic still holds the top position on a clean car in a rainstorm (both stationary and at speed) but diminishes quicker as dust and pollen accumulate.

Overcoat does better at reducing water spots after a rain on stationary car, likely due to its tendency to form small beads that evaporate quickly after a rain/sun event; Cosmic seems to produce larger beads that will leave tiny (easy to remove) remnants before the entire bead evaporates.

Cosmic is far more entertaining for me to use, for a few (some being totally goofy) reasons:

1. Easier to use on dry surface, no streaks.

2. Produces a more immediate brilliance, although after using on blue paint, it does increase with regards to sharpness and intensity as it cures over 24hrs. I missed that a bit when I first used on black paint.

3. It has more of a `glass` look than Overcoat and is maybe a touch slicker.

4. It smells like Crayola crayons (to me) which brings back fond memories of elementary school. You were top dog in kindergarten if you were toting around the 64-crayon box with the built-in sharpener but alas, I topped out at the squarish, 48 crayon box. Somehow the Crayola color `Burnt Sienna` seems to stick with me to this day when Crayola is mentioned.

Cosmic is some tough stuff, though. It`s been very, very pollen-ish the past 2 weeks and instead of hand washing my Cosmic topped car I decided to run it through the local touchless wash (soap and rinse only) to see how Cosmic would hold up to some harsh chemicals, likely a very alkaline touchless wash soap. So i did just that, 5 times last week. After each wash, it looked great and had very good water behavior, albeit not as stunning as when freshly applied. And it always looked great afterwards.

Overall, it`s fun stuff and I`m gonna keep it around this summer for use on both my wife`s daily as well as her Corvette. Since I foamed, Gyeon Iron`d and Tar`d the winter off my daily yesterday, I`m gonna stick with Overcoat on that so i can get a refresher on how that does wirh Overcoat in comparison to wife`s Cosmic vehicles.

Blue car w Cosmic applied last week, sat outside since then getting bombed not only with pollen dust but apparently with little pollen bombs that left a pollen dot at impact and then a 1/4" pollen `tail` type streak. Rained hard last night into this morning and this is result:

Black car, Cosmic applied last week, garaged each night but daily driven (no rain) prior week; lotsa pollen dust, left outside last night to see how it fared in rain:

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for my stupidity. But what the heck is Overcoat and who makes it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie View Post
    Sorry for my stupidity. But what the heck is Overcoat and who makes it?
    https://youtu.be/ivh7XP8UKB8

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got Polish Angel HG coming tomorrow. Looking forward to trying this line!
    Likes SWETM, Ronkh, 512detail, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got Polish Angel HG coming tomorrow. Looking forward to trying this line!
    Dont forget to wear your sunglasses

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, WaxManRonnie, Chopper280, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks WaxManRonnie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to the sunglasses!
    I have used High Gloss, Zircon, and the white and silver sprays. Today I used Viking Spritz for the first time.
    I think High Gloss would be my number 1.
    Likes Ronkh, SWETM, WaxManRonnie liked this post
    Thanks WaxManRonnie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Was able to get the msds sheat of High Gloss. The whooping amount of tio2 is 80% and the sio2 at 5%. And the Cosmic Spritz sio2 35% and tio2 5-10%. With the amount it`s up to the %. Wonder if something like CanCoat has something else in it since it is on par with the sio2 content of CS?

Edit: Cosmic Spritz has 35% sio2 and 35% tio2. It seems to be an upgrade as of april this year when the msds sheat was upgraded last. Or it was a wrong information where I read it at the first place.
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just got done trying it. It is nothing short of fantastic. I’m not real knowledgeable with the chemicals inside it. But why does it have a reddish tint to it? Not that I’m complaining since my SHO is red
    Likes Chopper280, Ronkh, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wait till you see it in the morning!
    Even more shine!
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper280 View Post
    Wait till you see it in the morning!
    Even more shine!
    I think Polish Angel and I are going to have a great relationship together! But only when I get online discount codes.
    Likes RaydiantDetail, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think Polish Angel and I are going to have a great relationship together! But only when I get online discount codes.
    They just had a 15% off fathers day discount code! I ordered a few things. Ugh my wallet hates me.

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmic spritz may induce drooling and attract rubberneckers

Brandt K.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information