Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Leather Complete

I would like to thank Meghan for sending this out to me for review.

Product:

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blac...l#.WpR_lv5Mrcs

Description:

BLACKFIRE Leather Complete will allow you to condense every step of your leather detailing process into one easy step. BLACKFIRE Leather Complete will effectively clean your leather while not damaging the very delicate surface in the process. BLACKFIRE Leather Complete will condition your leather, restoring it to a supple, soft, and better than new condition. BLACKFIRE Leather Complete will leave a durable level of protection behind after application to prevent the onset of further damage in the future.

Interior detailing is already a very time-consuming task, and detailing a leather interior increases that time-consumption ten-fold. Leather usually requires a three-step process to adequately detail it. Leather needs to be cleaned, conditioned, and protected before you can call it completely detailed. BLACKFIRE Leather Complete cuts the time you spend detailing leather drastically by combining all three steps of leather detailing into one step. Whether you are detailing professionally or even just as an enthusiast, BLACKFIRE Leather Complete will expedite your leather detailing process.

Leather is becoming a more and more popular choice for the interiors of cars. Leather has a very unique look and feel that provides the interior of a vehicle a luxurious look that improves the look of any vehicle. The only aspect of leather that can leave a bad taste in many people’s mouth is how difficult it is to clean. Leather requires a very delicate touch to ensure that it will not fade or degrade either during the cleaning process or afterwards. BLACKFIRE Leather Complete was formulated with a very gentle combination of cleaner agents and conditioners. These cleaner agents and conditioners allow BLACKFIRE Leather Complete to provide the gentle touch that leather requires.
    BLACKFIRE Leather Complete contains extremely high-quality conditioners that will restore the condition of your leather greatly, bringing to a better than new look and feel.

After you have finished a leather detailing, the last thing you want is to have that leather return to its past condition a day after you’ve detailed it. BLACKFIRE Leather Complete will leave behind a protective layer on the leather’s surface that will protect the leather surface after the detailing. BLACKFIRE Leather Complete will not only provide incredible results to the leather you are detailing, but it will also ensure those results last long after you are finished.

Directions: Vacuum the area you indent to detail prior to application to ensure all loose dirt and debris are removed. Test BLACKFIRE Leather Complete on an inconspicuous area to ensure there is no color-fastness before applying the product. Spray BLACKFIRE Leather Complete directly onto the surface and then use a microfiber towel or applicator to rub the product into the surface. Then use a clean microfiber towel to buff excess product off the surface.
    Product video:

This is an all in one leather product that cleans, conditions and protects. It is in a spray format as shown in the video.

For me an all in one type product like this is more of a maintenance product where one maintains there leather on a regular basis. Not necessarily to provide deep cleaning but still good at cleaning and keeping them clean.Although agitation with a brush can get some very good cleaning with an AIO product similar to this.

I put this to use on my mom`s leather seats that are 22 years old. They are cleaned on a regular basis so I was not expecting them to have a lot of dirt. This is to keep them that way as well as leaving some protection behind. This is the only interior that is not coated with a leather coating.

This comes in the new black bottle.

The directions on the bottle

A before photo of the area that was worked on which is not that bad. I used a soft leather brush to see if there was any noticeable dirt and there was nothing noticeable on the towel.

An after image. Notice no color change or added sheen. The difference was in the overall tactile feel of the protection left behind. Leaving them feeling soft and not tacky.

Overall this seems to be a perfect product for maintaining leather and keeping it clean and protected. It left the surface feeling slick but not slippery or greasy. It left the surface unchanged in color and sheen. The product has a faux leather scent similar to the original Blackfire Leather Conditioner and McKee`s 37 All In One Leather Lotion. I`m not a fan of the scent as it is more of a musk scent than leather. I much prefer the scent of 303 Leather 3 in 1. Overall a real nice leather product.

NOTE: I am willing to pass this along to someone else as long as they are willing to write a review for it. I will ship this to anyone within the lower 48 states at no cost. Simply add I would like to try this in the response.

First come first serve
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Leather Complete

Guz

Nicely done and always generous with your knowledge and give away
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes The Guz, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

No shine, no tacky feel, just clean and soft.

Winner!!

Thank you
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guz, if I may I`ll try it out on the jag, and write a review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Guz, if I may I`ll try it out on the jag, and write a review.
    It`s yours. PM me your shipping info and I will get it out to you this week.
    Likes Coleroad liked this post
    Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Guz, that is very kind of you.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a nice product!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So I generally just use water to sort of "maintain" my leather. For detailing use I use a chemical guys leather cleaner, Leathermaster Vital, and Leathermaster Protection Cream.

In your opinion is this a better alternative than just cleaning with water for maintenance? And do you think this would interact badly with the products above?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imatk View Post
    So I generally just use water to sort of "maintain" my leather. For detailing use I use a chemical guys leather cleaner, Leathermaster Vital, and Leathermaster Protection Cream.

In your opinion is this a better alternative than just cleaning with water for maintenance? And do you think this would interact badly with the products above?
    As Mike Phillips posted over on Autogeek a few times, water can only clean so much. But some still use it and if it works then keep on doing it. I am not sure how strong the cleaner is in this blackfire leather product so I am not sure if it would remove that form of protection. I tend to often use a wipedown with a waterless wash like McKee`s N914 or Optimum Opti-Clean and I think that works just as good as say a leather maintenance product like this one.

I personally prefer the scent of 303 3 in 1 leather over this Blackfire one. They both do the same thing.
    Likes Imatk, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I received this from The Guz. What a kind and generous gift. Now to try them out and review. Thank you Guz!
    Review - Blackfire Leather Complete-img_0079.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Yesterday I received this from The Guz. What a kind and generous gift. Now to try them out and review. Thank you Guz!
    Enjoy them. Figured you could put the Blackfire Leather Condition to good use and maintain it with the new leather complete. Pinnacle Black Onyx is great and you will enjoy that.
    Likes Coleroad, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Blackfire leather complete today that Guz sent me. First let me state for any product review I do , I can`t comment on scents. Since my head injury I can`t differentiate between most smells. The first thing I used the blc on was the steering wheel. It had me hooked right there. I`ve used many products to clean the steering wheel, and none had worked to my satisfaction. Blc is the first to leave me wowed! It cleaned it very well, and easily. The steering wheel felt brand new. It was smooth without being slick. The not slick is even more important for me because I have to palm the wheel with one hand, not that it isn`t important for everyone. It`s not sticky like some other cleaners leave it. No discoloration done by blc. I would spend the $29.99 for a quart just to use on the steering wheels, and not blink in doing so. The mf is just the dirt from the steering wheel. To me that was the hardest item it worked equally well on the rest of the leather. This is my first go to leather care product.Review - Blackfire Leather Complete-img_0100.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes The Guz, nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Leather covered steering wheels are always challenging and the longer they have gone without cleaning, the harder the task..

Since the leather is thin and the color is always just enough, the biggest challenge is to overclean and remove the light coating on there; sometimes the color comes out, and then that dreaded tacky feeling forever, until enough body oils cover it up..

Any cleaner I have ever used is with great caution and not a lot of pressure, lots of checking what is on the white towel, and then a good conditioner, a few coats, with drying time, and I have never had an issue..

I never had a nice car for a long time when I was still in school, so of course I never had a leather steering wheel until they invented those nice leather steering wheel covers, that you sewed up yourself... This is where I learned much about that leather application, and never forgot how delicate it was; enough that if you were too crazy, you could tighten the thread too tight and possibly pull through one of those zillion little threaded holes...

I am so glad to hear about a product such as the BlackFire product listed above !
    May have to break out and try it sometime also !
    Thanks for all the great posts above !!!
    Dan F
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Thread Information