Post Thanks / Like

Claying a coated vehicle with 22ple Ultra Soft Glass Coat Clay

Using it on a vehicle coated with 22ple HPC March 2017. Very, very light contamination felt via baggies test, figr`d what the heck. Used McKees 914 at 1:8 dilution (paint prep dilution)...used a lot of it for the most lubrication practical.

Did pull some dirt outta the paint, leaving a very smooth, freshly clayed finish. Was not using much pressure at all and from what I can see using Scangrip hand held, mo marring or micro scratching. Would I do this to my soft, black, Honda paint...not sure I`m ready to do that yet.

Claying a coated vehicle with 22ple Ultra Soft Glass Coat Clay-clay.jpg

Vendor Description
    -Incredibly soft and malleable clay bar
    - Helps remove embedded contamination safely
    - Safe to use on bare paint and coating
    - Very gentle and highly effective!

22ple Ultra Soft Glass Coat Clay will help you remove lightly embedded contamination from the paint with ease! This truly unique clay is specially formulated without abrasives, allowing it to not only work well on bare paint but to work on a glass coated surface without leaving micro scratches. The incredibly malleable bar is easily shaped and with some clay lube, it will glide across the surface readily. It works great with virtually all clay lubes, so keep using your favorite one. You will notice right away this bar has the rare balance of great cleaning power but very gentle on your paint so you don`t introduce marring. 22ple recommends storing this bar in a cool area in between uses. If it is stored near heat, it will become a little tacky but you can easily fix it by placing it back in a cool area. The bar will regain its original feel and work great for you! This is a really remarkable type of clay that will impress anyone who loves car care. So take your paint to the next level with a deep cleaning from the 22ple Ultra Soft Glass Coat Clay!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes MattPersman, Stokdgs, Coleroad liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman, Stokdgs, Coleroad, acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Claying a coated vehicle with 22ple Ultra Soft Glass Coat Clay

A bit of an old post but I have been using this a few times to see how it worked and whether it would damage/remove a coating.

Before I get into that 22ple states this a non-abrasive coating that is designed to be used with coatings to avoid marring. It was confirmed on their instagram page when I asked them

I used this the first time when my dad`s car was coated in Gyeon Syncro sort of a last ditch effort to see if Skin was just covered in contamination. Well the clay pulled some contaminants off but yet did not revive skin as it was about done at that point. Enough picking on Syncro lol.

I then used it on my dad`s car again but this time coated in 22ple VX Pro 2 which again pulled off some contaminants left over by the chemical decon process. No marring was visible and no signs of coating degradation during the next wash.

I recently used it on my brothers 2018 Equinox Redline that had some Cquartz TiO2 on its last legs. It did pull some contaminants from the horizontal surfaces. I could not tell if there was marring due to the paint being light silver. In this instance I used CarPro EcH2O as clay lube to give me a bit more surface tension.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...ml#post2173255

Finally I used it after chemically decontaminating my 2020 coating test and it pulled a little contaminants off the surface. No marring visible but I can not say if the coatings were degraded as I will have to wait until the next wash. Pending an update on this test as I go through my videos.

2020 Ceramic Coating 1 Year Test

I have not used it on black paint and as Budget mentioned I am not sure if i would use anything on soft black paint other than a chemical decon. Overall the clay bar seems to work well from my experience using it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Coleroad, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claying a coated vehicle with 22ple Ultra Soft Glass Coat Clay

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Enough picking on Syncro lol.
    Claying a coated vehicle with 22ple Ultra Soft Glass Coat Clay Can you imagine how good Syncro would be if Skin would last? Nuttiest water behavior I`ve ever seen immediately after application. Killer beads too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have not used it on black paint and as Budget mentioned I am not sure if i would use anything on soft black paint other than a chemical decon.
    I`ll have to see if I still have any of this clay left and if it`s viable. If so I`ll give it a go on the black Honda w SPS. If it marks it up, won`t really be too tragic.

How`s the 22ple Insanity doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    How`s the 22ple Insanity doing?
    The application on a full vehicle is pending. It has jumped down the priority list for the moment. Have some other things in line first.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m *VERY* curious about how this would work on uncoated/bare paint/conventionally LSPed vehicles.

My former fave "Maintenance Clay" (i.e., "for claying the LSP clean without stripping same"), namely Sonus SFX, has been changed and I no longer like it very much, so I`ll be looking for an uber-gentle clay one of these days...

Thread Information