Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydrosilex Recharge

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Has anyone tried IGL premier and can tell me how this product stacks up to that ?

I’ve been happy with IGL Premier and was wondering how HydroSilex compares
    In general, Premier > Hydrosilex. Premier is slicker, a bit glossier and seems to have about 33% more longevity (kinda a guess at %).

IMO, Premier is a bit overpriced unless you`re able to get at Installer/Certified pricing. I found that most of the consumer available IGL products (Wheel, Window, Wheel, etc) are about 2x the cost of similar products from say, Gyeon, and perform about as well. Decent, kinda upper mid range but not exceptional enough to justify boosted consumer pricing.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried IGL premier and can tell me how this product stacks up to that ?

I’ve been happy with IGL Premier and was wondering how HydroSilex compares

I haven’t used Premier but based on what I read I would say it is more like CarPro Reload than Hydrosilex.

I have been through almost an entire bottle of Hydrosilex and I would say it is more like CarPro Hydro2 Lite. Especially since it is so watery and can supposedly be used as a spray and rinse product. I have not had any luck this way though.

Overal at this point I would say Hydrosilex is overrated and not worth the purchase. It’s not revolutionary as it is copying other existing products and it really is any better in any way. Just a Facebook flash marketing push that is getting it out there. I would love to be proven wrong but so far it’s not working. I might just have to to my own YouTube review.
    Likes SGM2008, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pricing aside. You feel the Premier has better overall looks, gloss and durability.

I don’t like to waste $, but if it’s better and I need to apply 33% less often I’ll stick with it. I’ve been happy so far but I’m always lokkkng for more durability, better looks and then the best price.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    In general, Premier > Hydrosilex. Premier is slicker, a bit glossier and seems to have about 33% more longevity (kinda a guess at %).

IMO, Premier is a bit overpriced unless you`re able to get at Installer/Certified pricing. I found that most of the consumer available IGL products (Wheel, Window, Wheel, etc) are about 2x the cost of similar products from say, Gyeon, and perform about as well. Decent, kinda upper mid range but not exceptional enough to justify boosted consumer pricing.

Post Thanks / Like

Pricing aside. You feel the Premier has better overall looks, gloss and durability.
    Yep, pretty much. I`d say it`s at the top tier of Spray Sealants/Coatings/Boosters or whatever they`re calling them this month.

A step below Overcoat, Cosmic Spritz and VS1 Final Coat in the `booster` category but as a standalone, it`s pretty good, kinda on par with 22ple Finitura.

To be honest, I don`t reach for it much, not really sure why...likely personal preference and `If it ain`t broke, don`t fix it` mentality with regards to my usual products of this nature. It`s been nearly a year now but the TAC Moonlight debacle left some scars...

Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see what people on here think about it. It was brought up on another forum and had almost all less than favorable comments.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

nano/hydrophobic stuff has tiny amounts of a cheap active ingredient and a small amount of a common emulsifier and are vastly water. Except for the marketing additives, they are ALL basically hair conditioner. Dimethicone/Simethicone plus emulsifier.

The cheapest hydrophobic stuff is SiO2 silicon dioxide - sand/glass - fumed in a plasma torch and attached to a polymer polydimethyl to make polydimethylsiloxane $10 for 8 oz at amazon. PDMA common names are dimethicone or Simethicone.
    Likes 2018blackA5, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what people on here think about it. It was brought up on another forum and had almost all less than favorable comments.
    I think a product that kinda bursts on the scene via marketing overexposure suffers a bit, be it good, bad or `meh`...the Topcoat F11 effect.

I think lots folks just jump on the bandwagon as well even if they`ve never even used the product in question.

Angelwax just made their new Enigma AIO available and it`s already being crowned by some as the most wonderful AIO ever developed, the HD Speed slayer. It may turn out to be but who knows yet...too early . But yet the proclamations of best in class continue to build.

Post Thanks / Like

Hydrosilex is definitely over hyped. The first version didn’t last worth a darn. Good thing I was only out $10. It’s now in the possession of another member.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Stokdgs, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Hydrosilex is definitely over hyped. The first version didn’t last worth a darn. Good thing I was only out $10. It’s now in the possession of another member.
    I believe that would be me. But I agree wholeheartedly. Definitely overhyped and I wouldn`t consider buying it.
    Likes Stokdgs, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think a product that kinda bursts on the scene via marketing overexposure suffers a bit, be it good, bad or `meh`...the Topcoat F11 effect.

I think lots folks just jump on the bandwagon as well even if they`ve never even used the product in question.

Angelwax just made their new Enigma AIO available and it`s already being crowned by some as the most wonderful AIO ever developed, the HD Speed slayer. It may turn out to be but who knows yet...too early . But yet the proclamations of best in class continue to build.
    I was talking to some rep of Angelwax last weekend on a car meet. Unfortuneally the bottles of Enigma AIO was sold out. As I thought first it was a primer polish för the Enigma Wax. And they claimed that is was just the kind of sio2 and polymers in the AIO. You can use as a primer to Enigma Wax without any prep between wax and AIO. The Enigma AIO on it`s own has a claim of at least 3 months longevity. And with the use of Enigma QED and Enigma car soap I think it`s well possible to stretch it.

It happens to be the same distribution of Angelwax also sells Hydrosilex. They talked about how great it was. But when I asked about if it was the first batch of it. Which had big problems with beeing applyied wet. They just looked at me and looked away. And when I asked about the difference to the other spray on rinse off coating like Wet Coat. They said it could be applyied dry. I asked about the difference to the reload and cure and those. And did got and good answers other than it`s a great product. Sure it`s a pricey but there is better ones. The versitale application was the onlybenefit I got out of that discussion.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs, DBAILEY liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not going to complain about only spending $10 on it. It`s just ok performance wise. Extremely easy to apply.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information