Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon CanCoat 1 year write up.

Here is my experience with Gyeon CanCoat. This turned mostly into a beading/longevity test. Unfortunately, My computer crashed this past summer and I lost all my high resolution pictures. Sorry I was planning on doing a full review and longevity test. Cell phone pictures only. Well here we go.

I preped my 2011 Sonata by washing with Mckees37 Extreme foam formula. I clayed with a clay mitt and 3D final touch. Washed again with with WG Uber Rinseless Wash.

Polished with Carpro Reflect High Gloss with GG6 and LC hybrid power finish Black pad. Followed with a final wipe down with Griots paintprep.

Next I applied Gyeon CanCoat as per Gyeon directions.
    "To apply, just spray directly into your microfiber towel, and then gently wipe onto the surface of the car. Once applied to one panel at a time, remove any light residue with a secondary towel to reveal a high level of shine. For best results, do not expose the vehicle to water for at least 12 hours."
    I applied 2 coats to the whole car. And an additional 2 coats to the front fascia and side mirrors. The car was garages for 72 hours post application.

Post application the car was super glossy. And extremely slick to the touch. At work a local mobile detailer even commented on how glossy it looked. IMHO this is the best my car has ever looked.

I maintained the car with Gyeon Bathe+ once a month. I did use a drying aid (DG Aqua Wax) on all panels except the front fascia and hood. These were my test panels for true longevity.

Opinion: This is a fantastic product. I am well over 12months. And it is still beading on 95% of the car. The front fascia and lower panels behind the wheel wheels are the only areas not beading. Sheating is evident but extremely slow. I used maybe 20-25% of the can. At this rate and applying once a year. I feel I can claim 4 years of protection. From one can! Assuming the product doesn`t spoil in storage. Not bad for a $50 coating. Plus I paid $40 with a 20% sale. To me this seems to be one of the better values in coatings. A year later the car is still very slick and easy to wash. The gloss to me is not as good. Its not dull just not as glossy IMO.

Pictures are from the last wash. Done on December 30. In the pics I`m trying to show the beading/sheating behavior before and after wash. Tap talk won`t access my saved file from my Google photo account. Sorry! Below is a link to my shared album. Pictures are in chronological order.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KBKtCvAn4CcfVJjn2

Disclaimer: The car is daily commuter. A 70-75miles a day commuter. Garage kept at night and hardly leaves the garage on the weekends. I have 3 degrees and non of them are in English. Grammatical errors? What errors? I have no idea what you are complaining about.Gyeon CanCoat 1 year write up.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon CanCoat 1 year write up.

Thank you !!!!!

A one year review is very useful !

Looks good!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd, ShakingHorizons liked this post
    Thanks Tc99m thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Thank you !!!!!

A one year review is very useful !

Looks good!
    Thank you. I just wish I could have shown the gloss/reflection pics over time.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if it would do even better with an application of cure here and there?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job...impressive longevity with nothing more than Bathe+. CanCoat is such a useful product; effective and easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review!!! Did you apply the Cancoat to any black plastic?? If so, how did it perform on those bits??
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneQuickGT1 View Post
    I wonder if it would do even better with an application of cure here and there?
    I just happened to get Cure for Christmas. We`ll find out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Thanks for the great review!!! Did you apply the Cancoat to any black plastic?? If so, how did it perform on those bits??
    The Hyundai doesn`t have a lot plastic so I really didn`t think about it. I do have Gyeon Preserve on the front cowl. It seems to be holding up well. I believe it is about to hit 6 weeks.
    Thanks pwaug thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this review.
    How long did you wait between the first and second coats?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Thank you for this review.
    How long did you wait between the first and second coats?
    I waited till the next morning for the second coat. Probably 10hours. Coats 3 and 4 on the mirrors and Front fascia 2hrs for each.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks glfnaz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up. CanCoat is a really nice product. Have it on my mom`s car right now on top of Gyeon Q2 Primer. About 5 months in and it seems to doing pretty well. I have used Cure twice on it every 2 months except for one time when I tried Bathe+ on it. Seems like 1 year in my part of Southern California is very likely.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Ronkh, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Seems like 1 year in my part of Southern California is very likely.
    It definitely rains more here. I first noticed the degradation of lower panels around 10 months. But, I believe there is no reason not get a year out of this product.

How did you like primer? Any suggestions? I plan on using this on the next application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    It definitely rains more here. I first noticed the degradation of lower panels around 10 months. But, I believe there is no reason not get a year out of this product.

How did you like primer? Any suggestions? I plan on using this on the next application.
    10 months is good.

I’ve used primer twice. Used it on my dads car recently that I put Gyeon Syncro on.

Really easy to use. Good working time with virtually no dusting good cut for a light polish. I would definitely recommend checking out Jeff McEachran’s how to on Detailed Image Ask A Pro Blog. He covers a lot of good info on primer.

If time allows let it sit for 24 hours after wipe off. The lubricants within it will evaporate off the surface and the SiO2 will cure. You can go straight to coating without a prep wipe.

If you don’t have enough time to let it sit then definitely do a prep wipe.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Tc99m thanked for this post

Thread Information