Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - McKee`s 37 SiO2 Auto Wash

I purchased this from Nick during his Black Friday sale. The deal was buy a gallon and get the 16 oz bottle as a bonus.

Product:

McKee’s 37 SiO2 Auto Wash

16 oz - https://www.autopia-carcare.com/mcke...l#.WiYCwP5Mrcs

Gallon - https://www.autopia-carcare.com/mcke...l#.WiYCwf5Mrcs

Description:

McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is a high foaming car wash formula engineered for use on coated vehicles. The pH balanced snow soap creates mounds of suds that will safely grab and trap dirt, removing it from the surface without causing damage. Thanks to the unique formula, McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash will not alter the performance of your existing coating – in fact, the Sio2 enhanced formula actually boosts your coating! McKee`s 37 Sio2 also contains water softeners that allow for use even in direct sunlight! Keep your coating look and performing its best with McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash!

With the favor of coatings for paint protection, rather than wax or synthetic paint sealants, on the rise, the auto detailing industry has had to keep up with the products and tools necessary to maintain these coatings. Generally comprised of silica, quartz, or resin-based, coatings require special care to keep their superior protective capabilities. McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash has taken this maintenance step a bit further by including Sio2 (silicon dioxide) in their formula.

The Sio2 ingredients included in McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash actually enhances the brightness and strength of your existing paint coating after just one wash!The pH balanced formula will not hinder the beading and sheeting capabilities of your coated vehicle. McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is also free of wax and silicone, so it won`t alter the look or feel of your coated vehicle.
    Formulated with water softeners, McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash can be used in direct sunlight without fear of water spots!The extra foamy formula provides more than enough lubrication during a wash to prevent any washing induced swirls, and performs admirably with a foam cannon or gun! McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is hyper-concentrated and only requires an ounce or two, depending on the size of your bucket.
    Directions for use:

• Mix 2 oz. of McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash in your wash bucket and activate the suds with a strong jet of water.
    • Wash your vehicle from the top down - rinsing often is not necessary!
    • Once your entire vehicle has been washed and rinsed, simply dry using a Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel.

I highlighted some of the characteristics that stood out to me in the product description.

The main things that stands out is that this shampoo prevents water spots and that it can be used in direct sunlight.

I went ahead and used it on my Camaro which was coated about 3 years ago and most of the time it sits in the garage with the occasional drive. Unfortunately it sits outside right now as I am storing my uncles Vette in the garage as he makes room in his new garage.

My Camaro was dirty and I did not get to wash it the previous week. Then it drizzled which made a mess on the paint. It looked pretty bad. I show it on the video. The temperature outside was 66 degrees but a few degrees cooler as the sun shifted.

The familiar black bottle that we are accustomed to from McKee’s.

The only thing I find odd is that the 16 oz bottle came with a regular screw cap instead of the flip top as seen in the photo for xtreme foam.

Rear of the bottle with the directions on how to use it. It is recommended to use 2 oz’s in a wash bucket. That is what I used. I also use 1.5 oz’s in my foam gun.

Again it is mentioned on the bottle that this shampoo prevents water spots. The key is to let it dry on the paint.

Activated the shampoo that was added into the wash bucket and was welcomed with some nice suds. The suds stayed through the entire wash process and then some. I would recommend mixing the shampoo with one’s hand to mix it as the shampoo is on the thick side.

I forgot to capture photos of the foam on the car with using the foam gun. That can be seen in the video. It does foam real nice and will do even better with a foam canon. No soaps cling to the coated surface of this car so that also played a factor.

After I foamed it and let it sit for a couple minutes. I proceeded with a standard 2 bucket wash. I went around the entire car and by the time I finished going around the entire car, the shampoo began to dry.

There are other member who have let it sit longer and have had no issues. I let it sit for a couple minutes and the rinsed it off. It rinsed off clean and left no residue behind. I was greeted with a nice shine and clean paint.

Overall the SiO2 wash worked great. It cleaned will and left the paint with a nice shine. I am not sure if this leaves any sort of protection but the product description makes it sound like it does. I could not tell if it did as the hydrophobic properties looked the same before and after the wash. Well better because all the dirt was cleaned away.

It does live up to the claim of rinsing off cleanly if it dries on the paint. Other forum members have documented this in warmer weather.

I also have to mention the scent. It smells really good. It has a watermelon scent to it that reminds me of a jolly rancher.

I personally tend to like a thicker shampoo and this one is one of the thickest I have used.

I do not have a con for it. But others may be turned off by the price.That is what a sale is for .

I would recommend others to try this out especially for those that have some sort of ceramic coating.

One thing I would like to see is that the 16 oz bottle gets the flip top similar to Xtreme Foam and Power Wash.

I see myself alternating between this and Reset for all of my vehicles which have some sort of coating on it. Or if you are a McKee`s fan Xtreme Foam and SiO2 Wash makes for a good combination of shampoos.

Feel free to watch the video compilation of it. FYI the dispenser I used did not work to well. It did not screw all the way onto the bottle and a tiny amount of soap leaked from the side of it after the bottle sat. I swapped over a spare flip top that I saved from an old Detailer`s Pro bottle.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Diner, Angus, tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - McKee`s 37 SiO2 Auto Wash

You do great reviews. Thank you for doing this.
    Very good info!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and video. That soap is thick! In your video it looks like molten Jolly Ranchers oozing out of the bottle.

Your Camaro looks awesome. Is that factory paint? Looks pearl too me? I don’t recall ever seeing a pearl white Camaro.
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Great review and video. That soap is thick! In your video it looks like molten Jolly Ranchers oozing out of the bottle.

Your Camaro looks awesome. Is that factory paint? Looks pearl too me? I don’t recall ever seeing a pearl white Camaro.
    Thanks.

The Camaro is factory paint. It’s called arctic white. The only issue it has is the adhesive issue on the black sail panel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks.

The Camaro is factory paint. It’s called arctic white. The only issue it has is the adhesive issue on the black sail panel.

Looks really good in the low, (I’m guessing) setting sun light.

Saw your comments on AGO. You got some serious miles on your Camaro too! I’ve got 8,400 miles on my 1998 Trans Am At least you have the opportunity to put miles on your Camaro. The TA is in deep hibernation mode for the next 4-5 months. Battery is even pulled.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great looking F-body.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello! I have been a long time reader of this forum but this is my first post. I hope I am not starting off on a bad note by bringing up a possible negative.

Great review Guz. I tried this soap several months ago and loved everything about it and agree with everything you said. The reason I wanted to try this soap was for the ability to wash in the sun and take my time. I experienced one problem but it may or may not have been the soap. I washed 2 cars with it which are coated with Cquartz. It rained on the cars several days after and I had water spots from the rain. These cars have been coated for 1 year and I never had water spots before. I tried water spot remover and it did not work but the spots eventually went away. This particular rain may have been unusual because there was a haze in the air which was from wildfires in Canada. So, I don`t know if the spots were from the soap or the environment. I see your car is now sitting outside. Maybe you can let us know if you experience and spots after it rains?

Post Thanks / Like

Great review as always. I was interested in this soap when it came out. But price was the issue. 16oz bottle will yield 8 foam gun washes. Not to mention what you have to use in the bucket. McKess needs to step up and start making a 32oz size for their products. But I totally agree with your statement, buy it and try it when there is a good sale.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I accidentally ordered two 16oz bottles when it came out and I`m almost out of my first bottle and glad I have a second.

I have no issues washing my entire black car and grey frontier even in the sun and then rinsing it off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanHen View Post
    Hello! I have been a long time reader of this forum but this is my first post. I hope I am not starting off on a bad note by bringing up a possible negative.

Great review Guz. I tried this soap several months ago and loved everything about it and agree with everything you said. The reason I wanted to try this soap was for the ability to wash in the sun and take my time. I experienced one problem but it may or may not have been the soap. I washed 2 cars with it which are coated with Cquartz. It rained on the cars several days after and I had water spots from the rain. These cars have been coated for 1 year and I never had water spots before. I tried water spot remover and it did not work but the spots eventually went away. This particular rain may have been unusual because there was a haze in the air which was from wildfires in Canada. So, I don`t know if the spots were from the soap or the environment. I see your car is now sitting outside. Maybe you can let us know if you experience and spots after it rains?
    Sounds like the paint was dirty from the wildfire, dust and dirt that had accumulated on the paint days after you washed it and the rain just made it worse if the water sat there for some time. The soap has been proven to not water spot by others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Overall the SiO2 wash worked great. It cleaned will and left the paint with a nice shine. I am not sure if this leaves any sort of protection but the product description makes it sound like it does. I could not tell if it did as the hydrophobic properties looked the same before and after the wash. Well better because all the dirt was cleaned away.
    Has anyone added a topper/booster like Overcoat or Cosmic Sprtiz, etc. when drying or after with this soap? If so, good results? Incompatibilities?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Cropsboy View Post
    Has anyone added a topper/booster like Overcoat or Cosmic Sprtiz, etc. when drying or after with this soap? If so, good results? Incompatibilities?
    yes

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes nickclark08, The Guz liked this post
    Thanks Dustin Cropsboy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    yes

Geez, even your windshield looks like a mirror.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    yes
    Thanks!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guz - mine has the flip-top, got it on a sale back last fall I think.

Have to agree with everything you said - this stuff is pretty awesome soap. I used it on my non-coated car with no ill effects, and no spots even in direct sunlight (great for Texas).

Cleans pretty well too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information