Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My Hopefully Endless Wash Review Thread

I was browsing DW yesterday and saw a soap review thread and thought it would be fun to do the same here. I don`t have the biggest collection of soaps yet, but I do enjoy trying new ones and plan to add several more. The thread will consist of regular soaps, rinseless and waterless washes. I will be using the same 5 area 10 point system with a few changes for each method. All three will share a scale of cost, lubricity and scent. They will also share a cleaning strength section but the scale will be different since I don`t expect a waterless to clean as well as a traditional soap. Lastly, traditional soaps will be measured in how well the soap rinses while rinseless and waterless will be measured on drying efficiency with regards to effort needed to dry and the difficulty or presence of streaking. The prefect wash would score a 50. The few catches here is that one, I will likely never score anything a 10 in consideration that it would leave no room for any improvement. Also in areas such as scent, a product such as reset wit no scent would score in the 5 range, while something would have to smell awful like ironx snow soap to score a 0. Below is a picture of all the washes I currently have, and will be reviewing, if you have any recommendations, please feel free to make them. I will have my first review up hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. (As a side note, I paid for all of the pictured washes and unless noted otherwise, I will have paid for all washes in this thread)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd, 512detail, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Hopefully Endless Wash Review Thread

Review Poorboys Super Slick and Suds
    Cost: 7/10 at 50 cents an ounce and 1oz to 2 gallons for the wash
    Lubricity: 8/10 very slick almost like a good rinseless
    Scent: 7/10 Out of the bottle it smells amazing and strong, but once it was put in the bucket the scent became very feint
    Cleaning Ability: 8/10 It handled the general dirt well as well as the few bugs I had on the front of the truck. It didn`t do too well on the stubborn tar/rubber build up behind the wheels or all that well cleaning the wheels.
    Rinsing:8.5/10 There were a good bit of suds on the car but they went flat almost immediately and it rinsed off effortlessly, definitely one of the best soaps I have used in this area.
    This is my first time using this soap and the very first thing I noticed was an amazing scent, it`s very fruity orange mix. I would classify this as a mild soap, it did nothing to the beading of the truck, yet it cleaned pretty well. It was very user friendly and would make an excellent maintenance wash.
    Final Score: 38.5/50
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    I don`t have the biggest collection of soaps
    lol not big collection. posts pic of 15 different soaps
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used and never replaced about 15 others that I just never bought to replace. Until about 2 weeks ago, I was down to rinsefree, beackfire rinseless, Adams and Zymol. I need to figure out what to add next, I have a 200$ cart waiting to order in a few weeks of just washes, then there`s the Chemical guys ones, I had Mr Pink and it was pretty good and I`m trying to decide on if I should try a few more of theirs or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    I used and never replaced about 15 others that I just never bought to replace. Until about 2 weeks ago, I was down to rinsefree, beackfire rinseless, Adams and Zymol. I need to figure out what to add next, I have a 200$ cart waiting to order in a few weeks of just washes, then there`s the Chemical guys ones, I had Mr Pink and it was pretty good and I`m trying to decide on if I should try a few more of theirs or not.
    used hyper wash a few months back and never looked back at anything else. good price. super concentrated. cleans well and rinses clean. leaves nothing behind

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it since 2008 when I started detailing cars, though I go for the old Adams over it now, but sometimes I just like to switch it up. I wash cars so frequently that I like having something to make it different.

Post Thanks / Like

is adams soap that good? always wanted to try it. reviews say the new blue one is even better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    used hyper wash a few months back and never looked back at anything else. good price. super concentrated. cleans well and rinses clean. leaves nothing behind
    Rinses clean and easy when diluted properly, when you are over zealous with it in a soap cannon (not saying that was me ) it can be pain to rinse it all off. I mean I hear it can be hard to rinse it all off.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved Adams red in the sense of an economical soap versus say a boutique brand like Dodo juice BTBM. I have never tried blue though, I bought a few gallons of red before it went away.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima is one of my personal favorites. It seems to get left off of a few lists due to high price per gallon. A little goes a long way. Catch it on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Waterless or traditional?

Post Thanks / Like

So after a week of rain, snow and roads so salty they looked like they were covered in snow, I finally got around to doing another wash. I was originally going to do a traditional wash with 3D Pink, my hose nozzle had other ideas. I turned the hose on and it blew the nozzle apart leaving only the threaded part attached to the hose. So I set out to break out the pressure washer only to realize I blocked it with my new to me 125 gallon tank, stand and equipment. After much deliberation, I decided to go rinseless and pray for the best. So in steps McKee`s rinseless wash and wax. It has a lovely banana scent, and at an ounce to two gallons, it was very effective and cost effective.
    Cost: 7/10 At 43 dollars a gallon, the price of entry seems high but it is super concentrated and brings the price to 34 cents a wash which isn`t bad, but the ticket price is a little steep.
    Lubricity: 7.5/10 To be fair, this may be the slickest rinseless I`ve ever used, but in drying it was extremely grabby and after a few panels I resorted to using the product at qd strength and it didn`t really help so I broke out 3D final touch to use as a frying aid. I wasn`t sure if I should take off a few points here or in drying but I chose to do it here.
    Scent: 8/10 Banana was a bit strange for me, but it was a good smell and strong. It lasted through the wash and I really enjoyed it.
    Cleaning Ability: 8/10 It cleaned very well except the most stubborn areas such as the exhaust and wheel wells. I may be expecting too much from a rinseless and this could likely be the best scoring rinseless in this area.
    Ease of Drying: 9/10 As my base line, I plan to use some Meguiars rinsefree and use it as a base line. McKee`s beat it in this department. It was pretty grabby as noted before, but even still, it dried streak and spot free with one wipe. It was a pleasure to use.
    In conclusion, I am willing to say, this is a must have. Scoring 39.5 out of 50 was very strong.My sole complaint was the grabbiness on drying and the cost of a gallon may be restrictive to some buyers, though I only bought the small bottle, I wish I had gotten the gallon, especially if I can figure out my drying problem, though the 3D final touch solved it for tonight. Thank you to everyone that is keeping up with this thread, I intend to update it more often especially when winter goes away.
    Likes trashmanssd, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My apologies for the lack of pictures, the wife got home as I was finishing up, and I can`t be late for date night, I have to keep her happy so she looks past my racing, fish and detailing "habits."
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing and testingI`m sure a few of us could send you some samples to add to your testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing these tests. I see McKee`s is a wash and wax. I know these soaps are a booster for LSP, can you put in a appearance category for ones with a wax ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information