Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Cristal/Rain Review

I won the Polish Angel Cristal/Rain Kit among a few other items in a giveaway last year and have been meaning to apply it but just could never find the time. Finally got around to it, thanks again Ray.

I followed Ray`s suggestion and my process was:

1. Clean with N914 Rinseless
    2. Clayed using Griots synthetic clay with CG Clay Lube
    3. Cleaned glass with Blackfire Window Cleaner
    4. Polished with the PA Cristal Polish using a white LC Pad with a Rupes 15 Legacy
    5. Coated 3x with the Rain Coating.

Here are some before during and after pics.

It wasn`t too dirty before, car is typically garaged.

Sprayed down with some rinseless wash:

After polishing with Cristal

I didn`t get any picture of right after application because it was getting dark and lighting wasn`t ideal. Application was pretty straight forward tho I had trouble finding what kind of pad to use for the polish, I watched the PA video on YouTube and it appeared they applied the polish one color pad then polishing the next with a different color lol...also wasn`t really a fan of the coating applicator, was foam application that was nicely shaped so you could just grip it but I figured the coating would just get soaked into the foam so I elected to use a CarPro Foam block with Gyeon suede towels. I changed the towel after each application, 20 min after the prior. Was interested to see that none of the suede towels were stiff at all even days later.

While waiting in between I cleaned the inside of the windshield too, that may be my least favorite thing to do, just so touch to get in the small space where the dash meets the bottom of the windshield. Has anyone used one of those microfiber towels on a "Stick" for better word that`s made for the interior glass? I have one but have yet to use it.

Anyways the windshield definitely seemed really clear but I did notice all the little pitting that I guess I hadn`t noticed earlier or wasn`t looking for it. Assuming its from my old commute of 50 miles round trip daily mostly highway. Anyways don`t think the polish would`ve taken it out with any pad.

I let the coating cure overnight in the garage and sprayed some distilled water on the windshield to see the water behavior @ around 20 hours later. The water did bead but nothing crazy, the real test will be rain obviously but of course it hasn`t really rained since I applied it 4 days ago. Heres a quick video using an 18v Makita Blower just showing it on low/high and how the water moves pretty quickly.

View My Video

I left the distilled water on the windshield because I didn`t think it would spot but ended up spotting. I knew DI didn`t spot if you let it dry and thought Distilled was the same, am i mistaken?

Some of the spotting.

Some of the products used:
    Polish Angel Cristal Clear Kit
    Mckees 37`s N914 Rinseless Wash
    Griots Synthetic Clay
    Blackfire Window Cleaner

I`ll post updates as soon it rains and will post its durability as time goes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Cristal/Rain Review

I use this each and every time I clean the windshield on all of my cars. Love it.

https://www.amazon.com/Glass-Master-...s+master&psc=1

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That’s similar to what I have I’ll have to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan View Post
    but of course it hasn`t really rained since I applied it 4 days ago.
    Try washing the car, that usually works for me.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by `PRND[S
    ;2121895`]Try washing the car, that usually works for me.
    I had just washed it the day before lol, I have some Poorboys slick & foam coming Thursday with some new mits I’ll wash it then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan
    I left the distilled water on the windshield because I didn`t think it would spot but ended up spotting. I knew DI didn`t spot if you let it dry and thought Distilled was the same, am i mistaken?
    The DI and distilled aren`t exactly the same, but for practical purposes related to spotting it oughta work out that way anyhow. BUT..if there`s *anything* on the glass when it`s wet that will result in the spotting/etc. And no matter how recently you cleaned the glass, IME there`s almost always *something* on it again pretty soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Cristal/Rain Review

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The DI and distilled aren`t exactly the same, but for practical purposes related to spotting it oughta work out that way anyhow. BUT..if there`s *anything* on the glass when it`s wet that will result in the spotting/etc. And no matter how recently you cleaned the glass, IME there`s almost always *something* on it again pretty soon.
    The car didn’t move before spraying the water but the garage door opened and closed and foot traffic so it wasn’t surgically clean. Ultimately the real test will be a solid downpour, hopefully we get more before that fluffy white stuff starts falling.

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a vid of the water behavior, pretty good at beading/sheeting.

View My Video

Though I did notice today driving in the sun that all the little imperfections which I’m assuming are from my highway commuting days are much more evident. Though I didn’t really check beforehand but they seem much more pronounced now in the sun, almost like the windshield gas flake and not in a good way lol...but it’s likely user error or I needed something stronger for the polishing stage...either way it’s a DD so I’m not too concerned.

Here’s a pic but a bit hard to capture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information