Post Thanks / Like

Review: Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash

Review: Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash
    Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate

Description: (Taken from Autopia`s website)

Wash without a bucket, hose and protect with Acrylic Polycharger - all in one step!

Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate is a one of a kind formula boosted with an Acrylic Sealant called Acrylic Polycharger. Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate safely cleans all surfaces without the need to pull out a hose and buckets. Formulated with specialized lubrication agents, Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate encapsulates dirt, bugs, and grime so it is safely and easily wiped from the surface. If you’re in need of a quick wash and protect, but find yourself without water or a hose, Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate is all you need!

Price:
    $19.99 for 16oz

Introduction:

I`m a big waterless wash junkie. I love using this when cleaning the car with a light layer of dust. I like not dragging the hose out and getting all the water into those nook and crannies that are so hard to clean. And with the proper technique, waterless washing can be safe as well. I really liked the original Ultima Waterless Wash so I decided to give this product a shot!

Review:

In this review, I`m not going to discuss how to properly use a waterless wash. I`ve already written 2 articles for that so instead, I`m just going to provide the links for those articles below and if you`re interested, please check them out.

Product Review & How-To: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus
    Review & How-To: Meguiar`s D115 Rinsefree Express Wash and Wax

Now let`s continue on to the Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash review.

Here`s a picture of the product description and directions:

Dilution directions state to put 1oz of concentrate to 22oz of water. I was using a 500ml Kwazar spray bottle for this test. I put 500ml of water which equates to 16.9oz. By using ratio and proportion, I needed approximately 0.77oz of concentrate. The beauty about the Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate container is that it has a built in 1oz measuring cup. It has a 1/2oz and a 1oz level. So I just placed the concentrate slightly above the 0.75oz level.

Open the cap of the measuring cup section and slowly pour the concentrate on the spray bottle:

Here are some before pictures of the test vehicle. As you can see, it`s pretty filthy. We got some dust storms and rain in the past week or something. So the car is just filled with these muddy water spots:

Wheels are pretty filthy too:

I think that the dirt on the car is pretty gritty so I decided to go to a coin op car wash and blast the entire vehicle with high pressure water and knock as much grit as I can. That way, I`ll have less chances of scratching my paint work.

I rinsed the entire car (including the wheels) but I didn`t hit the trunk. I wanted to leave some sort of dirt on one section of the vehicle to test out the true cleaning ability of this waterless wash.

After rinsing the car, it`s time to use the waterless wash to clean the entire vehicle. First, liberally spray the waterless wash a panel at a time.

This is how much waterless wash solution I have on the panel:

Start wiping the panel using a safe technique. I have a technique I use, which I discussed in my how-to articles linked at the top of this review.

After cleaning the panel, buff off any excess waterless wash solution left behind...

Here`s the microfiber towel after cleaning the entire roof. It`s awesome that I didn`t get much dirt at all because of the high pressure rinse.

Like I mentioned above, I didn`t rinse the trunk as much as I can in order to test the cleaning ability of this waterless wash. So do the exact same procedure...

First, liberally spray the waterless wash on the trunk.

Next, start wiping the panel using a safe technique.

After cleaning the panel, buff off any excess waterless wash solution left behind...

Here`s the microfiber towel after cleaning the trunk. As you can see, I picked up some dirt. I`m thinking some of the dirt got knocked off when I was high pressure rinsing the panels adjacent to the trunk.

Repeat the entire process throughout the entire car one panel at a time. Don`t forget to include the wheels...

Here`s the same process done on the hood:

Dirt after half the hood:

Here are some after shots showing how clean and SHINY the car is:

Opinions and Observations:

This product has a pleasant aroma - it smells like a very good. Can`t pinpoint the exact scent.

The color of the product is white.

It definitely cleans the paint surface very well. It pulls the dirt safely and effectively. It also leaves the paint with an amazing shine. I`m guessing this is from the acrylic part of the product.

The product dilution is good but it isn`t as great as the traditional Ultima Waterless Wash. The amount required on that is half of this acrylic version.

The product seems to harden when the surface is hot and allowed to dry. So just be careful not to use it when the panel is hot or under the sun. It`s not the product`s fault since they mentioned it in the directions to avoid contact with hot surfaces. But I didn`t have a choice. I had to wash the car and it was 108F outside. I only had this hardening issue on the hood so I`m guessing the heat from the engine was a major contributor. I didn`t have any issues on other panels. I think this hardening effect is the acrylic part working and I think it`s a good thing!

This product can also be used as a rinseless wash.

Conclusion:

This is another good alternative to use when you like doing waterless wash to clean your vehicles. You really can`t go wrong with Ultima because they made a great waterless wash. They just made a better one.

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team
    Thanks Angus, The Guz, trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash

Nicely done review and do very much appreciate how you integrate your technique with the product review, I do learn from this
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post
    Thanks Marc08EX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash

Great review Marc!!
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post
    Thanks Marc08EX thanked for this post

Thread Information