Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckees Si02 wash: first use review and observations

True story: So on the intial review of (sorry I forgot your name-but you`re the Mckees guy who posts here) I bought this, actually accidentally ordered two of these bottles.

I was kind of bummed about that relative to another bottle of Xproduct I could have picked up as well...until I used it this morning.

Poorboy`s foam presoak and 2bm with mckees si02

after 15 mins sitting..it was painful to wait, trust me...it was not normal, but I was certain I could figure out where Ron lived if he ended up being wrong (hahaha)

video:

dried with my 4hp blaster and then used sprayduster (v1) and a medium big blue towel which linted ALL over my car

thoughts:
    smell: great

suds: they didn`t last any longer than any other of my fav soaps, just saying..im used to hitting up the bucked for more suds, BUT I also never felt like I needed to add more soap...not that I ever had this issue with my other favorite soaps, just saying

cleaning: it really did feel Slick, and I liked that

rinse: let me be clear, I DO NOT let soap sit on my car, but I did here...for 15 mins and it rinsed off easily

now on the flip side I can`t say this wouldn`t be true with my other favorite soaps but I don`t plan on testing this either

so does that invidate this review? technically, yes..but oh well

the soap just performs well, but I think the worst soap in the world would probably also violently bead/sheet off of my car anyways but I`m not gonna test that theory either

shine: to be honest you`re generally pulling hairs out of a hairball to dileneate the various traits of shine only witnessed through multiple experiments over a panel of time, none of which will show up on my s5 phone well

but allow me to provide a concrete example about what does add noticeable shine

those who saw my thread on the different shaded square I created by compounding and polishing and then putting a si02 primer polish on a taped off square on what im quite certain is a dog paw mark my car...well, after this wash the square was still readily noticeable but after I wiped it down with Sprayduster v1 that square was no longer noticeable, shade difference no more

just saying what my eyes saw

in conclusion, is this soap good? absolutely

could i have torture tested it more? yeah but I have time to do so and I`ll let it bake on my truck one day when I have some time

thanks for viewing

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

re: Mckees Si02 wash: first use review and observations

Nicley done, review
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Toldya
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Brandt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Toldya
    Momma told me never trust no schill- kidding (about you being a schill of course)

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wanna know how these folks are never adding more water to the bucket? seems unreal to me.. I`ve NEVER had to not add water to the bucket with ANY soap,, some more water, some less ...am in not using enough soap? or do I just have terrible water pressure not making a lot of bubbles?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckees Si02 wash: first use review and observations

Nice review. I would like to see someone leave the rinse water without drying until dry, wipe and see if it water spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Nice review. I would like to see someone leave the rinse water without drying until dry, wipe and see if it water spots.
    thanks

ask and you shall receive

https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/188303-ultimate-ultimate-soap-torture-test.html?highlight=torture+test

https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/188294-ultimate-torture-test.html?highlight=torture+test

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that with my wash method I have no real business posting on this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by 512Detail
    I wanna know how these folks are never adding more water to the bucket? .. I`ve NEVER had to not add water to the bucket with ANY soap... do I just have terrible water pressure not making a lot of bubbles?
    I can`t help but wonder "what do you want bubbles/suds for?" Even when I washed conventionally I didn`t add water to my wash buckets (maybe some more shampoo and some water to dilute it now and then), certainly not to generate more suds; I don`t think they bring much, if anything, beneficial to the table other than the appearance of being "really soapy" or somesuch. I keep thinking "they`re just air bubbles and I don`t want air, I want shampoo + water mix". I think it`s one of those psych things that sure seems intuitively obvious but isn`t really valid. Not that I`d like using a truly sudsless wash though, if only *for* that psych impression...rational or not

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Noting that with my wash method I have no real business posting on this thread...

I can`t help but wonder "what do you want bubbles/suds for?" Even when I washed conventionally I didn`t add water to my wash buckets (maybe some more shampoo and some water to dilute it now and then), certainly not to generate more suds; I don`t think they bring much, if anything, beneficial to the table other than the appearance of being "really soapy" or somesuch. I keep thinking "they`re just air bubbles and I don`t want air, I want shampoo + water mix". I think it`s one of those psych things that sure seems intuitively obvious but isn`t really valid. Not that I`d like using a truly sudsless wash though, if only *for* that psych impression...rational or not
    I see where you`re coming from but I have some non bubbly wash soaps and they are just so strange to use (PA soaps for instance say to put water in bucket and then add soap and stir)

I just don`t see how the suds are not beneficial? I hear them bubbling on the surface and doing "something" (i.e. hopefully breaking down grime-assuming it existed on my car after the rinse anyways). Maybe its just in my head but I`m gonna need some bubbly soap, yes I definitely like the bubbly soap.

I now also only wash my car after a foam presoak as well. Even if it could have rinsed off clean with water, I still foam soak and bucket wash now.

And it`s not like I`m just putting the bubbles on the car, I like to have the mitt soaking wet with the bubbles on top so they can work their way down the panel as I wash, like giving the wash media a little squeeze and letting the water/soap run down a little.

This is my method..I like it. It works for me.

I`ve tried a lot of different methods and they weren`t working for me.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- For some reason I find that an interesting subject, hence my beating it to death the way I did.

I honestly DON`T KNOW whether the suds contribute anything functionally beneficial, and would love to get schooled by somebody who genuinely KNOWS...And yeah, I`d (perhaps irrationally) feel really nervous about using a non-sudsing one! Just got that Intellectual Curiosity thing going now...

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- For some reason I find that an interesting subject, hence my beating it to death the way I did.

I honestly DON`T KNOW whether the suds contribute anything functionally beneficial, and would love to get schooled by somebody who genuinely KNOWS...And yeah, I`d (perhaps irrationally) feel really nervous about using a non-sudsing one! Just got that Intellectual Curiosity thing going now...
    hey I`m with you on the intellectual curiosity thing...but I`m on the side of suds obviously

and if suds don`t work then the entire premise of a foam pre soak seems a little silly because there are suds there and yes they are also accompanied by liquid but this is essentially the same thing I`m doing when I put the mitt on the panel and squeeze

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    hey I`m with you on the intellectual curiosity thing...but I`m on the side of suds obviously
    Heh heh, then maybe you won`t mind my belaboring it a bit more

Not that I`m gonna try changing what I`m doing just to find out about this stuff either!

...and if suds don`t work then the entire premise of a foam pre soak seems a little silly because there are suds there and yes they are also accompanied by liquid but this is essentially the same thing I`m doing when I put the mitt on the panel and squeeze
    I find the foam pre-soak hardly does *ANY* functional cleaning/dirt loosening and I only do it to get some extra lubrication mixed in with the dirt and maybe soften that dirt up a bit. I figure any suds/foam just keep it from running off the panels and thus increase its dwell-time, but don`t do any significant cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

I find the foam pre-soak hardly does *ANY* functional cleaning/dirt loosening and I only do it to get some extra lubrication mixed in with the dirt and maybe soften that dirt up a bit. I figure any suds/foam just keep it from running off the panels and thus increase its dwell-time, but don`t do any significant cleaning.
    I couldn`t have said it better. Well, when it comes right down to it few can say it any better than Accumulator. That said, I use a foam gun everytime I wash.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    ... when it comes right down to it few can say it any better than Accumulator...
    Thanks, though I can still work on not inadvertently calling anybody`s baby ugly, saying something that might not oughta/doesn`t need to be said (no matter how articulately I do it )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information