Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel High Gloss...Don`t think ronkh57 is my friend anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    You know you want it...get that credit card out!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    You know you want it...get that credit card out----She said!!!
    Jay

Sorry, I couldn`t help myself----

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Finally order my first PA products. I got the PA Angelic Gloss kit with this High Gloss spray, Master Sealant, and one of the paint cleansers using the 20% discount from latest sale promo. At this price, if I like it , it will be for use on my own cars only.
    Well 3 weekends ago I used the Escalate, Master Sealant, and High Gloss spray.

I really liked the Escalate lotion. Excellent cleaner and fine polish. DA speed really effects the level of cut with it. I only had time to put one layer of Master Sealant on my car. I wish I could have put 2 layers on. This is a very good looking sealant. No plastic wrap look at all. Paint color remains rich and you can see the color of paint still from severe angles with out the surface turning into a total reflection. That is something that waxes do that sealants struggle to do. The High Gloss spray was easy to use and I tried to use as little as possible based on everyone recommendations. It was easy to apply and easy to remove. No streaking or smearing. I didn`t get that amazing look to my Ford Tuxedo Black paint that I have seen so many photos of silver cars that I have seen on the forums, but it may be the best that my car has ever looked. A week later I gave it a wash with Reset and applied another layer of High Gloss Spray. About an hour or two later it started to really look good. It has such a nice silky gloss to it. The second layer also has improved the water repellency. The tiny morning dew beads roll easily off the car as soon as I get up to speed.

I am planning to apply a third layer of High Gloss spray tomorrow and then I will leave it at that for a while and just keep it washed. Hopefully it will make it to April/May without any problems. I have an itch to see what layering the Master Sealant does to the look, but I`ll wait until spring.
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

With its silica content, is the High Gloss Spray intended target for topping the Viking Shield and Glasscoat Cosmic? And not the Master Sealant?
    Someone mentioned that the Esclate is an AIO in an earlier post, but the company`s website description does not mention anything about a primer or protection being left behind. Is it leaving squeaky clean paint behind?

I applied a 3rd layer of the High Gloss Spray now. The change in look was minimal. I`ll be stopping at 3 for now.

I really love the beading. It s like diamonds scattering across the surface when water hits a panel. Side panels shed the water quickly.

I think I will try the Glasscoat Cosmic, the Carnauba Arts Gold Zirkon spray, or the Connoisseur Rapidwaxx next.

So is the High Gloss Spray on top of Glasscoat Cosmic analogous to Reload on top of CQuartz?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    With its silica content, is the High Gloss Spray intended target for topping the Viking Shield and Glasscoat Cosmic? And not the Master Sealant?
    Someone mentioned that the Esclate is an AIO in an earlier post, but the company`s website description does not mention anything about a primer or protection being left behind. Is it leaving squeaky clean paint behind?

I applied a 3rd layer of the High Gloss Spray now. The change in look was minimal. I`ll be stopping at 3 for now.

I really love the beading. It s like diamonds scattering across the surface when water hits a panel. Side panels shed the water quickly.

I think I will try the Glasscoat Cosmic, the Carnauba Arts Gold Zirkon spray, or the Connoisseur Rapidwaxx next.

So is the High Gloss Spray on top of Glasscoat Cosmic analogous to Reload on top of CQuartz?
    high gloss is intended to be used when you want maximum gloss/shine

viking spritz would be the optimal topper for viking shield, to reinforce its properties...but you could top with high gloss

presto was made for master sealant topping/maintenance...ive been using it recently as a drying aid after a pa soap wash and its very nice

but ive also topped master with high gloss for clients..hell ill top anything for a client if the price is right-ha

esclate- that someone was this guy- and unless pa rep wants to correct me thas whst im sticking with from personal experimentation but i would reconsidee aio definition as pa products somewhat pee in the wind of traditional ideology with regards to product formulation/content

apply esclate only and you`ll notice an increase in gloss...perhaps its from the "oils" -for lack of a better word- that serve as receptors for the other pa lsps

i also was able to verify it beads up similarly to other pa lsps vs standard freshly polished (and no lsp added) surface tension beads

besides cosmic, i have really found to stop at two layers of any of their sprays

as far as high gloss + cosmic..heres how it goes... once you have cosmic applied, you have some options on your cake icing...if you want to increase cosmics hardness= cosmic spritz

if you want more gloss= high gloss

if you want to further the color saturation= add one of the carnauaba arts sprays (zirkon or a color matching spray like wulfenite, etc)

hope that helps

Brandt K.
    Thanks nickclark08, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think I need to buy this!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Ronkh, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Yes you do! Catch is on a 25% off sale and you won’t regret it.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    It’s a must-have, especially for metallic paints. Also looks great on straight black but flakes are off the chart.

Post Thanks / Like

zirkon vs high gloss? I have hard time with what is what from their product line. If somebody could compare and contrast for me? The zirkon sounds interesting, i have two silver cars so i was wondering about their silver tinted one, but then on my silver truck is already Gyeon CanCoated, so does it make more sense to go with High Gloss with a coating? So many choices now adays.

I will say i still perfer the wax look...however i do not enjoy how dirty my wax cars get, they seem to lose their "pop" after a couple weeks no matter what wax i use. The CanCoat looks exactly the same months later (even if very cold on my silver car).

Shine
    Depth (wetness)
    longevity
    Slickness (self cleaning)
    "IT" factor (subjective but if you have a perference of one over the other)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    zirkon vs high gloss? I have hard time with what is what from their product line. If somebody could compare and contrast for me? The zirkon sounds interesting, i have two silver cars so i was wondering about their silver tinted one, but then on my silver truck is already Gyeon CanCoated, so does it make more sense to go with High Gloss with a coating? So many choices now adays.

I will say i still perfer the wax look...however i do not enjoy how dirty my wax cars get, they seem to lose their "pop" after a couple weeks no matter what wax i use. The CanCoat looks exactly the same months later (even if very cold on my silver car).

Shine
    Depth (wetness)
    longevity
    High gloss looks AMAZING on silver metallic. I’ve not used the Zircon or silver tint Carnauba Arts but I have compared black tint Centurion vs. High Gloss on black Audi paint. Centurion gets the slight edge on that paint due to the richness it provides.

All I can say about High Gloss on silver metallic is that my metal flakes do appear floating inside the paint. I never pictured a description like that until High Gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Shine
    Depth (wetness)
    longevity
    Zirkon has 23.75 karat gold, polymers and wax in it

High gloss has si and ti

Zirkon is great if you have any gold flake in your metallic. It`s a deep, rich, wet look

High gloss is a bright pop with lots of bright shine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    beware, the rabbit hole runs deep...
    That`s not a "rabbit hole", that is the financial equivalent of a (large) Student Loan Debt for an OCD Detailer!!!

Someone will question the price versus the results/performance of PA products, but based on the comments and usage by many of the highly-respected Autopians, both professional and hobbyist detailers in this forum, it is justifiable in their minds (and digressionary spending). With the average purchase price of a new vehicle approaching the $34,000 mark in 2018, what are a few more (thousand) dollars for products to protect, maintain, and enhance the like-new appear of such vehicles, not to mention high-end, high-dollar pre-owned (AKA, used) vehicles. (Yes, 512Detail, Mopar performance vehicles old and new(er) fit that description!)
    GB detailer
    Likes 512detail, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    That`s not a "rabbit hole", that is the financial equivalent of a (large) Student Loan Debt for an OCD Detailer!!!

Someone will question the price versus the results/performance of PA products, but based on the comments and usage by many of the highly-respected Autopians, both professional and hobbyist detailers in this forum, it is justifiable in their minds (and digressionary spending). With the average purchase price of a new vehicle approaching the $34,000 mark in 2018, what are a few more thousand dollars for products to protect, maintain, and enhance the like-new appear of such vehicles, not to mention high-end, high-dollar pre-owned (AKA, used) vehicles. (Yes, 512Detail, Mopar performance vehicles old and new(er) fit that description!)
    That`s an old pic

All that was paid for my detailing cars over two years. It was much cheaper than going out to bars for two years and it still provides a return, both monetarily and visually.

Brandt K.
    Likes acuRAS82, BudgetPlan1, Ronkh, Lonnie, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Polish Angel equals "top shelf" in your garage----
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Never Enuff View Post
    It looks like Polish Angel equals "top shelf" in your garage----
    Jay
    You know I dont keep the good stuff in my garage

Brandt K.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Shine
    Depth (wetness)
    longevity
    If you want to have a wax look. I would test esclate lotion and master sealant combo. And maybe top it with the rapidwaxx or other toppers that you think would get your color a pop. Or the combo of Contour and Famous which I think has the highest carnuaba content in it. If you want a hybrid wax. The Angelwax Enigma Wax is a good looking one with a great longevity from it. And why not prep and polish the paint with Angelwax Enigma AIO first. Both maintance products Enigma QED and Enigma Ceramic Infused car soap is a great way to hold up the fresh wax look with. Some options if you like the carnuaba glow finish more

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information