Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate TORTURE TEST !

Now, I intended this to be a FL sun torture test....
    BUT
    Near the end, I had to take a long break and this stuff handled it like a champ!!

McKee`s 37 SIO2 Soap.

90 Degrees
    Real feel 104
    UV = HIGH

I figured with all I read about it, I`d give it a try. A real try...........

I intended to wash it as described, and not rinse as I go which I have to in FL. While washing I took a couple of rest breaks (getting old sucks!), texted a few Autopians and friends, got a call. Then as I was nearing the end of washing (still had the back end of truck to do) I got a call about my father, that call lasted 37 minutes. UHHHHHHHHH ! Washed the back end,, let it dry as well, then rinsed the car.

WOW !!!!!!!!! It came clean! & SHINY.

The slide show starts with the condition of the car before, no pre-treating with anything. Just a mitt wash, even on the bugs etc.

The wash was followed by Hydro Blue

Mckee Sio2 Soap Slideshow by ronkh | Photobucket

After thoughts:
    The stuff is thick and slick, Really thick.
    It seemed to "pull" more dirt out of the seams etc.
    You could see the shine the soap added after it dried on car before rinsing.
    The soap may have more shine to it than Hydro Blue.
    The hood has some test stuff on it (can`t tell ya about it yet)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultimate TORTURE TEST !

Nicely done, Ron
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes Ronkh, OpenRoad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at this product as I was having a little trouble washing in the sun last Friday evening. I kept things wet and hurried the vehicle into the garage to dry once washed but I had some minor spotting that required a wet towel and then a dry towel in the drying process. Spoke to Ron about this a couple of days ago, he recommended I give it a shot and I have it on my list. My list is looonnnggg.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I was looking at this product as I was having a little trouble washing in the sun last Friday evening. I kept things wet and hurried the vehicle into the garage to dry once washed but I had some minor spotting that required a wet towel and then a dry towel in the drying process. Spoke to Ron about this a couple of days ago, he recommended I give it a shot and I have it on my list. My list is looonnnggg.
    Just got shorter.....
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Just got shorter.....
    Yes, it did.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, do you think this soap would work on non-coated cars?

I`m thinking of switching my wife`s car over to monthly Hydro Blue applications after I finish polishing it out (right now just Nattys Black every month or two). I like my PB SSS but this might do the trick for my wife`s car with doesn`t have much polishing life in the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Ron, do you think this soap would work on non-coated cars?

I`m thinking of switching my wife`s car over to monthly Hydro Blue applications after I finish polishing it out (right now just Nattys Black every month or two). I like my PB SSS but this might do the trick for my wife`s car with doesn`t have much polishing life in the paint.
    I`d say between the sio2 soap, and hydro blue, you`ll be happy.
    Thanks nickclark08 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ron:
    Are you using water that has been treated by a domestic/home water softener or is it a (untreated) municipal-sourced water supply?
    If it is straight tap water (AKA, untreated municipal-sourced or ground well water, how "hard" (IE, mineralized) is it??

I NEVER wash in the sun here in Green Bay WI as our municipal water source is Lake Michigan and has a "higher" amount of calcium/limestone in it, not to mention the chlorine they add to it in the summer to disinfect it from E-coli-induced farm-manure and municipal waste treatment plant runoff. It is a royal disaster if I do wash in the sun and using a hard-water mineral remover after a vehicle wash seems like an extra step and expense, albeit necessary.
    Never found a soap that "conditions" hard water, even though Optimum`s No-Rinse is "suppose" to do that. Then again, never used OTC-purchased distilled water jugs, as $5.00 for the 5-gallons of water to be used seemed, well, "non-economical" to me (Yes, I am "thrifty", AKA Cheap!).

Now if there is a car washing soap that CAN be used in the sun WITH hard water, I need to know about it.
    Otherwise, it`s car/vehicle washing in the cool and shade of the early morning or late evening via a 2-bucket method and municipal-sourced hard water .

Oh, yah, let us know about that secret "test stuff" on the hood as soon as you can. Hope it is a product that revolutionizes (or at least, enhances) vehicle appearance.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Ron:
    Are you using water that has been treated by a domestic/home water softener or is it a (untreated) municipal-sourced water supply?
    If it is straight tap water (AKA, untreated municipal-sourced or ground well water, how "hard" (IE, mineralized) is it??

I NEVER wash in the sun here in Green Bay WI as our municipal water source is Lake Michigan and has a "higher" amount of calcium/limestone in it, not to mention the chlorine they add to it in the summer to disinfect it from E-coli-induced farm-manure and municipal waste treatment plant runoff. It is a royal disaster if I do wash in the sun and using a hard-water mineral remover after a vehicle wash seems like an extra step and expense, albeit necessary.
    Never found a soap that "conditions" hard water, even though Optimum`s No-Rinse is "suppose" to do that. Then again, never used OTC-purchased distilled water jugs, as $5.00 for the 5-gallons of water to be used seemed, well, "non-economical" to me (Yes, I am "thrifty", AKA Cheap!).

Now if there is a car washing soap that CAN be used in the sun WITH hard water, I need to know about it.
    Otherwise, it`s car/vehicle washing in the cool and shade of the early morning or late evening via a 2-bucket method and municipal-sourced hard water .

Oh, yah, let us know about that secret "test stuff" on the hood as soon as you can. Hope it is a product that revolutionizes (or at least, enhances) vehicle appearance.
    The car was washed with municipal FL water that you could get your Max allowed mineral content with every drink... A regular muni water rinse after I baked the car, so yes it`s worth it. I honestly thought the piano black posts between door windows was gonna be the first to go sine when washing it, you could barely touch them they were so hot. So were the windows.

As far as the beta test stuff, as soon as I can tell I will..... But so far you`re the only one who asked about it.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice test there Ron!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Nice test there Ron!
    Thank you Sir

Post Thanks / Like

Nice test, thanks for helping spend my $, lol
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    Thanks OpenRoad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    I bought some last week. Bought more today.

I feel your pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    But so far you`re the only one who asked about it.
    We know you`re sworn to secrecy and didn`t want to make things tough on you.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes OpenRoad, Ronkh liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information