Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Southern New Mexico which is NOT the Land of Enchantment.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultimate TORTURE TEST !

Thanks, for a great review Ronkh.

Unfortunately I/we, are living in a HOT/DRY dusty desert (actual temps, no "mods"), with higher UV levels and tremendously-lower humidity levels, even during our "monsoon season". This summer`s "monsoon" has added much more dirt/gravel on pavement (lazy County Road crews forget we exist, as drainage here is so "non-existent", bi-product of bad engineering). Doggone hard, to keep a new red sporty coup lookin` good. Ugh.

Have been a Tried & True fan of Blackfire Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo for many years. We do have a softened water faucett/hose bib on the outside of the garage (water is very hard/high-calcium here). I would love to try a product that might actually be "wipeable" in the shade. (Even with a first pass with a damp microfiber towel). All, dries incredibly fast hre, even though I NEVER wash my car(s) in the sun.

Darn it, Ron....You`re gonna make me try a NEW product? I might be too old to change..........

Again, great review...thanks.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OpenRoad View Post
    Thanks, for a great review Ronkh.

Unfortunately I/we, are living in a HOT/DRY dusty desert (actual temps, no "mods"), with higher UV levels and tremendously-lower humidity levels, even during our "monsoon season". This summer`s "monsoon" has added much more dirt/gravel on pavement (lazy County Road crews forget we exist, as drainage here is so "non-existent", bi-product of bad engineering). Doggone hard, to keep a new red sporty coup lookin` good. Ugh.

Have been a Tried & True fan of Blackfire Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo for many years. We do have a softened water faucett/hose bib on the outside of the garage (water is very hard/high-calcium here). I would love to try a product that might actually be "wipeable" in the shade. (Even with a first pass with a damp microfiber towel). All, dries incredibly fast hre, even though I NEVER wash my car(s) in the sun.

Darn it, Ron....You`re gonna make me try a NEW product? I might be too old to change..........

Again, great review...thanks.
    The stuff works and works well.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes OpenRoad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just read the product page and I am slightly confused, from Autopia product page

"McKee’s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash was formulated for the unique cleaning requirements of vehicles that are coated with a paint, wheel, or glass coating. This thick, luxurious shampoo creates mountains of foamy suds that encapsulate dirt and grit particles, leaving behind an extremely glossy finish! You can confidently use McKee’s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash in direct sun because this pH-balanced, non-alkaline shampoo contains water-softeners that reduce spotting. Works equally well on non-coated vehicles as a gloss-enhancing auto wash. Your vehicle has never looked this good after a simple wash!"

Name has Sio2 in it so that makes me think it adds protection, yet description says nothing about protection.

16 oz

1. does this product add protection (like Hydrofoam and what every Gyeons fancy soap with wet coat in it)

2. is said protection more a boaster for hydro blue or a coating or is it good enough to use as a standalone product.

3. or is it more like reset and its just a soap meant to clean a coating or hydro blue/Sio2 protected vehicles to get back to your clean surface.

this is not a question to just Ron if any one knows or Nick?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    I just read the product page and I am slightly confused, from Autopia product page

"McKee’s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash was formulated for the unique cleaning requirements of vehicles that are coated with a paint, wheel, or glass coating. This thick, luxurious shampoo creates mountains of foamy suds that encapsulate dirt and grit particles, leaving behind an extremely glossy finish! You can confidently use McKee’s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash in direct sun because this pH-balanced, non-alkaline shampoo contains water-softeners that reduce spotting. Works equally well on non-coated vehicles as a gloss-enhancing auto wash. Your vehicle has never looked this good after a simple wash!"

Name has Sio2 in it so that makes me think it adds protection, yet description says nothing about protection.

16 oz

1. does this product add protection (like Hydrofoam and what every Gyeons fancy soap with wet coat in it)

2. is said protection more a boaster for hydro blue or a coating or is it good enough to use as a standalone product.

3. or is it more like reset and its just a soap meant to clean a coating or hydro blue/Sio2 protected vehicles to get back to your clean surface.

Just a guess on my part, is that the sio2 content is not high enough to offer significant protection on it`s own, but adds a touch.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the torture test review Ron!
    Some of those pics with the dried on soap were scary but it looks like it just rinsed away with no issues?
    Feels like magic, I am waiting to finish off some of my soap I have already accumulated (I hope Accumulator does not have this trademarked lol) then Ill order some of this to try.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Thanks for the torture test review Ron!
    Some of those pics with the dried on soap were scary but it looks like it just rinsed away with no issues?
    Feels like magic, I am waiting to finish off some of my soap I have already accumulated (I hope Accumulator does not have this trademarked lol) then Ill order some of this to try.
    No issues at all. I really was shocked. Actually scared, and kept going back to look at it to make sure it was clear.
    Thanks OpenRoad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Ron:
    Are you using water that has been treated by a domestic/home water softener or is it a (untreated) municipal-sourced water supply?
    If it is straight tap water (AKA, untreated municipal-sourced or ground well water, how "hard" (IE, mineralized) is it??

I NEVER wash in the sun here in Green Bay WI as our municipal water source is Lake Michigan and has a "higher" amount of calcium/limestone in it, not to mention the chlorine they add to it in the summer to disinfect it from E-coli-induced farm-manure and municipal waste treatment plant runoff. It is a royal disaster if I do wash in the sun and using a hard-water mineral remover after a vehicle wash seems like an extra step and expense, albeit necessary.
    Never found a soap that "conditions" hard water, even though Optimum`s No-Rinse is "suppose" to do that. Then again, never used OTC-purchased distilled water jugs, as $5.00 for the 5-gallons of water to be used seemed, well, "non-economical" to me (Yes, I am "thrifty", AKA Cheap!).

Now if there is a car washing soap that CAN be used in the sun WITH hard water, I need to know about it.
    Otherwise, it`s car/vehicle washing in the cool and shade of the early morning or late evening via a 2-bucket method and municipal-sourced hard water .

Oh, yah, let us know about that secret "test stuff" on the hood as soon as you can. Hope it is a product that revolutionizes (or at least, enhances) vehicle appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    The car was washed with municipal FL water that you could get your Max allowed mineral content with every drink... A regular muni water rinse after I baked the car, so yes it`s worth it. I honestly thought the piano black posts between door windows was gonna be the first to go sine when washing it, you could barely touch them they were so hot. So were the windows.

As far as the beta test stuff, as soon as I can tell I will..... But so far you`re the only one who asked about it.
    I have a feeling that the "secret" test item will be revealed soon.............
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that the "secret" test item will be revealed soon.............
    we sure hope so because otherwise it might get lost in some box

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Ron:
    Are you using water that has been treated by a domestic/home water softener or is it a (untreated) municipal-sourced water supply?
    If it is straight tap water (AKA, untreated municipal-sourced or ground well water, how "hard" (IE, mineralized) is it??

I NEVER wash in the sun here in Green Bay WI as our municipal water source is Lake Michigan and has a "higher" amount of calcium/limestone in it, not to mention the chlorine they add to it in the summer to disinfect it from E-coli-induced farm-manure and municipal waste treatment plant runoff. It is a royal disaster if I do wash in the sun and using a hard-water mineral remover after a vehicle wash seems like an extra step and expense, albeit necessary.
    Never found a soap that "conditions" hard water, even though Optimum`s No-Rinse is "suppose" to do that. Then again, never used OTC-purchased distilled water jugs, as $5.00 for the 5-gallons of water to be used seemed, well, "non-economical" to me (Yes, I am "thrifty", AKA Cheap!).

Now if there is a car washing soap that CAN be used in the sun WITH hard water, I need to know about it.
    Otherwise, it`s car/vehicle washing in the cool and shade of the early morning or late evening via a 2-bucket method and municipal-sourced hard water .

Oh, yah, let us know about that secret "test stuff" on the hood as soon as you can. Hope it is a product that revolutionizes (or at least, enhances) vehicle appearance.
    The car was washed with municipal FL water that you could get your Max allowed mineral content with every drink... A regular muni water rinse after I baked the car, so yes it`s worth it. I honestly thought the piano black posts between door windows was gonna be the first to go sine when washing it, you could barely touch them they were so hot. So were the windows.

As far as the beta test stuff, as soon as I can tell I will..... But so far you`re the only one who asked about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    we sure hope so because otherwise it might get lost in some box
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF42ll-y9IQ

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So this is what you were up to the other day.

On the description of the product it says "McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is also free of wax and silicone, so it won`t alter the look or feel of your coated vehicle." It also says it "enhances brightness". Isn`t that changing the look?

Your after thoughts say it added slickness and shine. The Florida sun must be getting to you or they are fibbing.
    >>>> Follow PROTEKT on Facebook
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@Protekt View Post

On the description of the product it says "McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is also free of wax and silicone, so it won`t alter the look or feel of your coated vehicle." It also says it "enhances brightness". Isn`t that changing the look?

Your after thoughts say it added slickness and shine. The Florida sun must be getting to you or they are fibbing.
    Yep, that`s what I was doing.

All I know is it works good!
    Likes Troy@Protekt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post

16 oz

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@Protekt View Post

Joe confirmed that it leaves something behind in the McKee`s facebook group.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I was doing rinseless wash using ONRWW. I have since switched to the Sio2 soap and simply love it. (no water restrictions). I do not wash my car in the sun. I washed the entire car before rinsing it and had no water spots. I do not use a DI filter yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate bumping older threads (Quit lying, Captain Obvious. You have and do bump (and hi-jack) older threads!), BUT is there ANY news on this "secret product" or at least a target date for its introduction and sale to the general detailing public???
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I`m confused but isn`t the "secret product" McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information