Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy sheet part II: csl+exov2 v pearl nano+pro v cquartz v gloss shop v feynlab- a longevity test

this made possible thanks to a generous shipment of left over coatings that I put to use for the sake of- why not?

my 2006 frontier is the test subject
    139k miles, original paint. one cracked dr side fender thanks to a deer earlier this year and one replaced drivers side headlight as well

hood and passenger side+ tailgate currently under the original holy sheet thread were left unpolished but I did add Polish Angel High Gloss to those areas (I will update that thread as well)

vehicle was given a decontamination wash on roof and passenger side as well as pb sss 2bm and claybar as well

I gave the paint a once over with Polish Angel Final Polish II and rupes yellow pad on my duetto. upon further inspection the paint really needed more cut but I didn`t really feel like going for 100%

the products up for comparison/testing

disclaimer: I have only used csl & exo in the past. I know nothing and read nothing about the other coatings other than what was on their bottle regarding application.

I applied all coatings with cut out carpro suede cloths on a few different applicator blocks and took the large suede cloths, quartered and cut them in half for removal of the three individual coatings (cquartz, gloss shop, feynlab).

For csl+exo and the pearl combo I used a combination of full and quartered seuede cloths and the edgeless polishing cloths from acc, all of which I toss later..I may try to reuse the edgeless towels for fender well dressing only and then toss but they never touch anything else again.

roof got csl+exov2 vs pearl nano+pro
    one coat of the base of each was applied and two coats of csl or pro too coat

passenger side of roof is csl+exo
    driver side of roof is pearl nano+pro

the second pro too coat was an absolute nighmare to remove and it left some high spots on the roof, or the base left them and I didn`t catch it first, because ai applied even more pro top coat and immediately removed and it was still there. either way it is not a big deal and only noticeable if you step up on the running boards and look at the roof.

yep the top to the exov2 that I had leftover went missing but that bottle os toast anyways now

tape line was not straight. oops

roof cured next day

csl+exov2- drivers side rear bedside

cquartz 110degree- drivers side rear door

gloss shop- drivers front door

feynlab ceramic- drivers side fender

cquartz, gloss shop & feynlab were all easy to apply and remove

overall thoughts
    slickness wise: slickest was csl+exo with the pearl nano a close second
    of the single coatings: gloss shop was easily the slickest, with cquartz dragging my towel wipe a few hours post application and feynlab as considerably more draggy than even cquartz

this was true even a full 24 hours later after all were fully cured

looks, its really hard to tell a difference, but my truck sure looks GOOD!

keep in mind i added high gloss to the previously coated areas- hood, passenger side and tailgate

also polished the passenger headlight again and coated both lights with dlux, twice.

added high gloss to the front bumper and chrome

gyeon tire to the running boards and door handles

poorboys bold n bright to tires

polish angel diver on glass

c2v3 on wheels

garage shots:

video:

thanks for viewing

place your bets now Holy sheet part II: csl+exov2 v pearl nano+pro v cquartz v gloss shop v feynlab- a longevity test

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holy sheet part II: csl+exov2 v pearl nano+pro v cquartz v gloss shop v feynlab- a longevity test

You are a mad man, and my money is on CSL EXO.
    Likes 512detail, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holy sheet part II: csl+exov2 v pearl nano+pro v cquartz v gloss shop v feynlab- a longevity test

512 i have to agree with trashman...as always nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    haha. I have one, thanks.

Maybe I`ll use some of the remaining coatings on her car.

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to know your thoughts on slickness mirrored mine. I was really surprised how grabby Cquartz was after application.

Will have to check tomorrow to see how they`re all working up North here.

This is gonna be good...no way I got the energy to do this.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes trashmanssd, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

○●○beading update○●○
    about 48 hours after application

roof (passenger side of roof)
    csl+exov2

look past the tape line thats not beading to see pearl nano+pro on drivers side rood

a decent 50/50

pearl nano+pro

csl+exov2

water behavior vid-
    roof is csl+exov2 on top (far end), pearl nano base+pro on close end (drivers side of roof)

on to the side

dr fender feynlab-more of a sheeter

dr frt door- the gloss shop- sheets better than feynlab and beads better too

cquartz 110, beads like crazy

csl+exov2 still king though, no surprise but really just comparing the other 3 single coatings

water vid-

feynlab on fender, the gloss shop on fr door, cquartz 110 on rear door and csl+exov2 on drivers side rear bed

initial impression: aside from the bad decision to add a 2nd layer of pearl pro on the roof and leaving it on too long in one area, I`d say this pearl base+pro is pretty legit so far. when the water piles up more it seems to sheet better off a flat surface than csl+exo. csl+exo is like a bead machine but this pearl nano stuff seems to be hanging in there from initial impressions.

Brandt K.
    Thanks Marc08EX, nickclark08 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool tests
    I never cared for pearl nano coatings.. the hydrophobic properties die off quicker then other coatings I`ve used....but I tell you what..repurpose pearl nano HD for headlights.. work`s extremely well
    http://facebook.com/ShineStruckAutoDetailing/

http://shinestruck.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    Cool tests
    I never cared for pearl nano coatings.. the hydrophobic properties die off quicker then other coatings I`ve used....but I tell you what..repurpose pearl nano HD for headlights.. work`s extremely well
    well then I will document it`s systematic demise

so far it`s impressing me..but then again this test is 3 days old

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is great...side by side much better than different vehicles.

If I recall, Pearl Nano HD was kinda expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Couple of weeks in, whatcha think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Couple of weeks in, whatcha think?
    I haven`t even washed it yet!

and i just ran my finger down both side doors and barely got any dust

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I haven`t even washed it yet!

and i just ran my finger down both side doors and barely got any dust
    I have yet to wash any of the vehicles I did last winter/Spring. So far, quick observations:

1. 22ple HPC & Gyeon Mohs are staying the cleanest and consistently looking the best; really incredible how ell they are doing with absolutely no maintenance.
    2. Cquartz `Classic` is quietly doing well
    3. Gtechniq CSL + Liquid Crystal C2V3 is strangely making a comeback. Was the worst at staying clean for the first 3 months but lately has been looking cleaner and staying brighter. Maybe the C2V3 wore off?
    4. Pearl Nano & Gloss Shop Ceramic; doing better than a wax; would perhaps return to `favor` if washed

Supposed to get a torrential monsoon today...hopefully that`ll clean `em all up a bit; usually returns 22ple and Gyeon Mohs to just washed condition, save for a few areas on lower rocker panels.
    Likes MattPersman, 512detail liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I have yet to wash any of the vehicles I did last winter/Spring. So far, quick observations:

1. 22ple HPC & Gyeon Mohs are staying the cleanest and consistently looking the best; really incredible how ell they are doing with absolutely no maintenance.
    2. Cquartz `Classic` is quietly doing well
    3. Gtechniq CSL + Liquid Crystal C2V3 is strangely making a comeback. Was the worst at staying clean for the first 3 months but lately has been looking cleaner and staying brighter. Maybe the C2V3 wore off?
    4. Pearl Nano & Gloss Shop Ceramic; doing better than a wax; would perhaps return to `favor` if washed

Supposed to get a torrential monsoon today...hopefully that`ll clean `em all up a bit; usually returns 22ple and Gyeon Mohs to just washed condition, save for a few areas on lower rocker panels.

nice... I don`t think GTECH recommends topping exo with anything and I think I remember them telling me not to put c2v3 on it

I want to wash my car or truck after work but who knows how I will feel after the work day.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

oh I should add that we had some strong rain for a day or so a few weeks ago and I think that cleaned the dust off of the truck quite well otherwise it`d probably be dirtier but keep in mind I don`t drive to work every day (work from home) so the only vehicle I`ve really been in the past few months has been my SRT going back and forth to San Antonio

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information