McKee`s 37 Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee`s 37 Leather Guard UV50 Money Maker For Detailers

Product Description:
    "McKee`s 37 Leather Guard UV50 is the ultimate protectant for leather trim. This high-tech coating blankets your vehicles leather upholstery in a durable shell of protection that resists abrasion. powerful UV50 light absorbers prevent fading, cracking, and long term discolartion. Leather Guard only needs to be applied twice a year, Making it a fantastic value. Use on leather seats, door trim, arm rests, dashboards, and hard smooth surfaces. Imparts a clean, OEM-matte finish that feels smooth to the touch. prevents dye-transfer from blue-jeans, and also protects against damage caused by sunscreen. works equally well on leather handbags , leather shoes, and leather furniture."

Maintenance Programs and Money Making

As a professional I can view products differently than a car care enthusiast. When Nick first handed me a bottle to test. and told me about the characteristics of Leather Guard UV50 I instantly saw Dollar $ign$!

After Nick went over the long-list of attractive features the ones that stood out where the following: high-tech coating that covers leather in a shell of protection and only needs to be applied every 6 months.

A few moments later I added another package to my detailing services, Leather Perfect + Protect. 1 Year leather coating. Now if you are thinking to your self

"Joe, I thought Nick said apply once every 6 months."

You are correct, This is why I got excited, This is perfect to offer a maintenance program for your customers!

This is much like what the dealers do for their "paint protection package" They charge or add $1,000 for a premium paint protection that needs to be updated every 3 months, If you are thinking to your self this just sounds like a synthetic paint sealant you are correct. This is the same business concept.

This is a great way to get your customer on a maintenance program for guaranteed income, If landscapers, pool maintenance, and property managers all offer programs for up-keep, The detailer should take full advantage when given the chance.

Potential Profit Margins for a Leather Coating

So let`s get into the thought of potential profit margins for Leather Guard UV50, Don`t let this 8 oz bottle fool you, Only a few sprays on the applicator pad and you can do an entire seat, Such little product is needed to do an entire interior that it makes this product an amazing value. A professional detailer can seriously do over 25 cars with 1 bottle. As a professional you can up-charge an additional $100 for a leather prep and protect package. Do the math, 100 x 25, Yes, that is $2,500 in potential profit to be made from 1 bottle of Leather Guard.

If you average 4 Details a week, Add $50 for a Leather Coating that`s an extra $200 a week, $800 A month, 9.600 a Year! Now granted not everybody is going to opt for this, But the least you can do is try for that extra bonus! You might not get 4/4 But the possibility of 2/4 is very realistic. The point is to offer the possibility to the customer.

Up-Sell Interior Leather Protection

I dont know about you, But detailing interiors does not excite me in anyway, It is not fun or sexy like polishing paint. But in reality alot of detailer`s are cutting them self`s short when it comes to increasing profit margins on each detail.

When a customer is interested in getting a detail we talk about paint perfection and protection, Well the same thought process should go behind the interior, We should not just see dollar signs when it comes to polishing paint, We should see potential profit margin when we look at the interior as well.

Me not being a fan of interiors, I always try to discipline my self, To up-sell and talk about the importance of the interior after we talk about the exterior. You have to educate the customer about the inside of the vehicle, Just like you educate them about the paint.

After you have painted a picture there mind will be more open to the importance of a interior protection package.

The Up-Sell

A customer with a brand new C7 Grand Sport came in the shop to protect his paint with Hi-Def Paint Sealant, The car was White with a beautiful red interior, It is a Grand Sport, So it is fully loaded with a 3LT Interior package.

I asked the customer if he wanted to get anything done protection wise on the interior, He said "It`s brand new, It Don`t need anything" It was now my job to paint a picture and educate the customer, I then asked him, You came to the shop to get the paint protected correct? He replied "Yes!" I then said responded in a joking fashion, "Why, Its Brand New" He laughed and face became very interested in what I was about to say.

After inspecting the interior of the Corvette, He went on about telling me about all the features, and how it is fully loaded. I asked him if he would like the interior to look like this for the remainder of his ownership, He responded of course, I then began to tell him that the key to getting the interior to stay looking like this is to PROTECT IT NOW!, not wait 3 years to hire me to clean & condition them. I explained that the seats are perfect now, So protect them to keep them looking like new.

After going into more details about the importance of the inside, He than chose a Interior + Exterior protection package!

This was all due to explaining and educating the customer. When you are giving consultation to a customer don`t just talk about the importance of polishing and protecting the paint, hit them with the same thing on the interior!

How To Apply

Did I mention how easy it is to use?

Spray a few sprays on a applicator pad.

That few sprays stretches very far, You can do the entire bottom seat, the product works nice and wet.

After you are done massaging it in, Buff off with a microfiber towel.

If you are thinking, "That leather already looked good before you applied those products" YOU ARE CORRECT! this is not a bad thing, This means I spent less time cleaning the seats, and applied the leather guard in no time! I did a quick once over with Leather Shampoo 70/30 and then came behind it with Leather Guard UV50, I cleaned and coated this entire leather in less than 30 mins! this means easy money and profit for the detailer.

Is Leather Shampoo and Leather Guard Safe On Perforated Leather?

Yes, Leather Shampoo + Leather Guard is perfectly safe for Perforated seats, Here is a Ford F450 I did with perforated seats.

Final Thoughts

Everyone can relate going to a dealership and feeling brand new leather, you just cant help running your hand across the texture to feel that smooth soft and supple feeling. Unfortunately, after everyday use your leather will loose this feeling that we all love. Using the system of Leather Shampoo 70/30 and Leather Guard UV50 is the closest thing you will get to that brand new showroom leather feeling. With the combination of Leather Shampoo and Leather Guard UV50 this will make your leather look/feel absolutely amazing. Traditional leather cleaners strip the oils from leather making it dry. This is why a leather conditioner is used afterwards to restore the feeling of the leather. Leather Shampoo is infused with lanolin + mink oil, So after the cleansing process your leather already feels amazing. Not dry/brittle so before applying Leather Guard UV50 you are already working with an amazing looking/feeling leather. However............ Leather Guard, does take the feeling of the leather to the Next Level (pun intended) After buffing off the excess and rubbing your hand across the leather you will instantly start grunting like Tim the Toolman Taylor.

-Joe Metlow
    Next Level Auto Detail

Here is a link to the Leather Shampoo 70/30 Article
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee`s 37 Leather Guard UV50 Money Maker For Detailers

Thanks for the write up and review Joe! I am probably going to order this when I run out of some of my other leather cleaning/ conditioning products.

Post Thanks / Like

I normally do a quick wipe down of interior with McKees N 914 @ rinseless dilution....

Is that sufficient "cleaning" before I apply this?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

McKee`s 37 Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Thanks for the write up and review Joe! I am probably going to order this when I run out of some of my other leather cleaning/ conditioning products.
    Thanks for reading!

When you use up your other stuff, You are certainly going to be pleased with the performance and how easy this stuff is to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, you`ll all hate me...it`s a nice review and all...But I`m calling BS on this stuff. Nothing lasts on leather 6 mos simply due to the abrasion of people sitting & moving in the seats....

M37 says their paint coating lasts 2 years as well - and you can research how long people are getting out of that if you want...

Basically, if you are sitting leather every day, you need to clean it and protect it often - prolly once a month is best. Conditioning coated leather is BS...

Just more stuff out there sold for leather that won`t make a squat of difference in the appearance of the leather a few years out.

Post Thanks / Like

powerful UV50 light absorbers prevent fading, cracking, and long term discolartion.
    If I buy a new vehicle and use this , do you warranty my leather against cracking, fading, ect?

Thread Information