Post Thanks / Like

Review: TACSystem Water Spot Zero

Introduction
    Water Spots on the paint really detract from the appearance of the vehicle. When acid rain and minerals deposited etch away at the clear coat, one often needs an abrasive to level the clear coat and eliminate the water spots. Having a good LSP on your paint can help reduce water spotting by making it easier to eliminate free standing water and thereby reducing the chances of permanent spotting.

I`ve had a love-hate relationship with water spot removers. They do seem to work with fresh water spots, but if left on too long (or even when used correctly), the hydrophobic properties of your LSP can be utterly destroyed. Many companies that make water sport removers clearly say this. Sometimes (myself included), we learn the hard way.

Product Information
    The folks at TACSystem were kind enough to send me a free sample of TACSystem Water Spot Zero to try along with my previous order.

Here is the description from the company website:

TACSystem’s Water Spot Zero

Is possibly the most effective and easy to use water based water spot and acid free remover! With its advanced formula, Water Spot Zero can be used on any surfaces that contains acid rain and mineral based water stains.

Product Benefits: Water Spot Zero eliminates water spots caused by mineral deposits or acid rain with a simple spray-on, dwell, and wipe-off procedure. It also delivers a fresh grape fragrance when applying. Water Spot Zero clears out the stains that embedded on the glass and enhances your visibility!

Warnings: Do not allow Iron Zero to dry on surfaces. Avoid using in direct sunlight.

Common Uses: The removal of water spots on vehicle exterior surfaces, including paint and glass.

Directions:

1] Shake bottle well before use.
    2] Liberally Apply Water Spot Zero onto affected area
    3] Agitate with wash media or a clean MF towel
    4] Wipe off with MF towel or rinse thoroughly with water
    5] Repeat action if panel or section is highly contaminated

Product Utilization
    While I don`t currently have a car in my inventory that has water spots on it, I did happen to notice that my nice beverage cooler does! I bought this beverage cooler a few weeks ago for storing drinks for a few days when we have BBQs and cookouts. Last night I left it out, and when I turned on the sprinkler, I thought it was out of the way and wouldn`t get wet. Well, I wasn`t right about that.

Here`s a shot of the cooler.

Here`s a close-up shot of the side of the cooler and all the water spots present on the cooler.

I first tried to clean the surface with Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash. That didn`t work. So, I tried something more concentrated like McKee`s N914. That didn`t work either. Here are some pictures of N914 dwelling on the surface and after a good wipe and buff. Some spots are gone, but clearly not all.

Enter TACSystem Water Spot Zero. I sprayed a few shots of this stuff on the side of the cooler and let it dwell for about 15 seconds. My mother, who was downwind said it smelled nice and fruity. After the 15 second dwell, I wiped the surface. Here`s what the cooler looked like after the WZ was wiped away.

The entire cooler was sprayed with WZ and all water spots were effectively removed! After buffing, I did notice a slight amount of streaking. Therefore, I sprayed the cooler with N914 and it looked fantastic afterwards. Time to put some sort of sealant on this bad boy!

Conclusions
    TACSystem Water Spot Zero is an effective easy to use water spot remover that has a pleasant odor and is more or less SOWO. It works very effectively for water spots that are fresh (and not etched, of course). I have not tested this on a surface that is coated, sealed or waxed. Although there is no direct information on the website indicating any precautions, my experience with water spot removers tells me to apply this cautiously to a surface with a hydrophobic surface (i.e., just about all our vehicles!) and to be prepared to use some sort of booster or to reapply your wax or sealant.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Thanks Ronkh, RaydiantDetail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: TACSystem Water Spot Zero

Thank you....

It looks like it did great !
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard from David that Water Spot Zero should not affect the coating or the hydrophobic properties. I`ll have to test this.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is it slightly acid based?

Thread Information