Post Thanks / Like

McKees37 Trademark carnuaba wax review

This past weekend I got in a ton of detail work on my cars and had some time to try out the new McKees37 Trademark carnauba wax that I picked up last month. I have always been a fan of carnuabas even though the current detailing trend is for coatings. I typically use carnuabas on all of my garage queens since they are not daily drivers. Since the colors are black and red’s I feel the deep and gloss that you get from a carnauba wax is pretty hard to beat. Since my cars are covered in the garage I really don’t have an issue with durability.

The test subject for the Trademark carnauba Wax is my 1967 Chevy Nova. The paint is House of Kolor Candy Brandywine over Gamma Gold. The color is phenomenal in the sun with such an incredible amount of flake.

My favorite carnuabas are Pinnacle Souveran and CG 50/50 and I was pretty excited to see how McKees37 Trademans wax would compare. I applied with a foam applicator and after a quick swipe across the open jar I knew that application would be a breeze. The wax is very “Souveranish”. By his I mean a little goes a long way and application is like applying melted butter. After one or two swipes I was able to completely cover my hood. The wax is very oily and I decided to try removal with letting it haze and removing immediately after application.

I found that removing right away seemed to be a tad easier but even with the wax hazing there were no issues. McKees37 Trademark carnauba wax produced fantastic depth and gloss on the paint. I was easily able to do the entire car in about 20 minutes.

The price point is excellent compared to other carnaubas on the market and anyone who still enjoys a good carnauba over a coating or sealant should give McKees37 Trademark carnauba wax a try.

McKees37 Trademark carnuaba wax
    Cost$49.99 on sale for $37.49

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes Angus, Marc08EX, jtford95, GearHead_1, Ronkh and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKees37 Trademark carnuaba wax review

Pat,

That car/paint is beautiful. I love Branywine, always looks good, especially in muscle cars. Im sure yours look awesome in full sun.

I`m a wax/sealant guy. Going to apply some Souveran on my Trans Am over BFWD.

Been looking at CG Pete`s 53. How does Pete`s compare to Pinnacle, 50-50, McKees and PB Natty`s Red?

Post Thanks / Like

Pete`s 53 is a touch better than 50-50 and a touch below Pinnacle. Truthfully I doubt I could say which is which on paint. All three are top notch waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Pete`s 53 is a touch better than 50-50 and a touch below Pinnacle. Truthfully I doubt I could say which is which on paint. All three are top notch waxes.
    Thanks, sounds like Pete`s 53 is a great value.

Sorry Pat for hijacking the thread

Post Thanks / Like

What can I say Pat? It`s beautiful.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Incredible shine, great color !!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up. I`ve been wanting to add this to my collection. Seems more than worthy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    This past weekend I got in a ton of detail work on my cars and had some time to try out the new McKees37 Trademark carnauba wax that I picked up last month. I have always been a fan of carnuabas even though the current detailing trend is for coatings. I typically use carnuabas on all of my garage queens since they are not daily drivers. Since the colors are black and red’s I feel the deep and gloss that you get from a carnauba wax is pretty hard to beat. Since my cars are covered in the garage I really don’t have an issue with durability.

The test subject for the Trademark carnauba Wax is my 1967 Chevy Nova. The paint is House of Kolor Candy Brandywine over Gamma Gold. The color is phenomenal in the sun with such an incredible amount of flake.

My favorite carnuabas are Pinnacle Souveran and CG 50/50 and I was pretty excited to see how McKees37 Trademans wax would compare. I applied with a foam applicator and after a quick swipe across the open jar I knew that application would be a breeze. The wax is very “Souveranish”. By his I mean a little goes a long way and application is like applying melted butter. After one or two swipes I was able to completely cover my hood. The wax is very oily and I decided to try removal with letting it haze and removing immediately after application.

I found that removing right away seemed to be a tad easier but even with the wax hazing there were no issues. McKees37 Trademark carnauba wax produced fantastic depth and gloss on the paint. I was easily able to do the entire car in about 20 minutes.

The price point is excellent compared to other carnaubas on the market and anyone who still enjoys a good carnauba over a coating or sealant should give McKees37 Trademark carnauba wax a try.

McKees37 Trademark carnuaba wax
    Cost$49.99 on sale for $37.49

This is why I love wax. Unbelievable !!
    Thanks for the review

Thread Information