Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Infinity Wax

Well, in for a penny, in for a pound as they say. Have been wanting to add the Kamikaze Infinity Wax to our Miyabi + ISM + Overcoat coated car(s) because, well…just because I could. In all honesty, wasn’t expecting anything truly earth shattering from it (tough to beat the Miyabi & ISM & Overcoat combo for looks and durability) but went ahead and did it anyway.

First vehicle was a 2016 Aegean Blue metallic Honda Civic Coupe that was coated with Miyabi (2 coats) and ISM (1 coat) back in October 2016 and maintained with Overcoat every month or so. It made it thru the Northeast Ohio winter unscathed while being used as daily transportation, garaged at night from Dec thru April, sitting uncovered in the driveway the otherwise. The coating(s) were still performing as they did at application time with stellar water shedding/sheeting behavior, self-cleaning abilities and hypnotic appearance due to ISM’s tendency to almost ‘float’ the metallic within the finish…it’s really quite interesting to see. ISM does not have that ‘hard candy’ look to it so much as have a warm, glossy glow. I’ve occasionally hit it with some Polish Angel High Gloss for those times I kinda wanted a harder, more reflective look and that has performed well in that capacity. Kinda nice/fun to be able to subtlety change the appearance every now and again with no adverse affects (entertainment is where ya find it, I guess).

Anyway, because it had been a while, I washed, dried, and decon’d the car with an Iron Remover, washed it again (Gyeon Bathe used for both washings), wiped it down with Gyeon Prep and then stirred up the little pot of Infinity according to directions. Tough to get all the way to the bottom of the jar with the little plastic ‘thing’ Kamikaze supplies so I used a wooden skewer to stir it all about. I used a 3x5 blue microfiber applicator pad to apply (kinda painted a bit on the surface of the pad) and started applying in light, circular motions. It went on very nicely, and a little goes a long way. I’d guess that you could likely get 3-4 mid-sized vehicles outta the little jar. And it’s a nice jar at that…have to think of something cool to do with it once the Infinity is all gone. Removal after 2hrs was a breeze, just a light buffing with an edgeless polishing towel and a final buff with a red Esoteric microfiber and good to go. Application took about 30 minutes, removal about the same so it’s a pretty quick deal. After it was done, initial thought was that yes, it was certainly glossier but what wax isn’t, hybrid or not? I continued to stare at the different angles and something about it became very pleasing to my eye. The surface is certainly slicker but there is some kind of smoother, warmer, deeper look coming off of the car now; glassier for sure but (to use a tired old cliché) it has a nice, unobtrusive ‘molten glass’ look to it now…where sharp body edge and accent lines seem to blend and flow into the overall contours of the car…it’s hard to describe, really, but it looks very, very good. I’ve used a few waxes and sealants before that were supposedly top of the heap but none gave this really unique look like the Infinity does. And this is on a budget-class Honda Civic…it’s really, really nice. Hopefully longevity is acceptable although if it even gives me 6 months before the looks fade, I’ll be OK with that because the look is just so ‘fluid’ which I happen to like; others may have different (and valid) preferences. I’ll top it with Overcoat at the next wash and I really hope that doesn’t mask and of the new look Infinity gave the surface. Kinda hoping it rains soon as I’ve seen some pretty neat beading videos of Infinity and despite being more of a ‘sheeting’ guys as opposed to beading, doing both would be great…we’ll see.

Kamikaze Infinity Wax-kcivic.jpg

Having done the Civic, a few days later (OK…a whole *one* day later) I wanted to try it on our black 2016 Subaru WRX, which got the Miyabi + ISM combo at the beginning/middle of April 2017. I skipped the decon and just washed with Bathe, prepped with Prep and applied the Infinity. Same results as the Civic, a new, more fluid look that is ‘softly glossier’ than the coating alone. The Subaru has a lot of accent/body panels with some hard lines as well as soft curves, more so than the Civic. The Infinity seemed to take all of the contours, hard and soft, and blend them into a single, fluid entity, even glossier than before. So, 2 for 2 with Infinity giving our coated vehicles as new, pleasing look (that I really still can’t quite describe…but I like it a lot).

Kamikaze Infinity Wax-kwrx.jpg

Would like to try it on our 2004 black Corvette with its inherently fluid design lines…but that`s gonna be getting TAC Moonlight on top of its year-old WG Uber Ceramic.

Ok…let’s face it…Infinity Wax (especially when you realize just how small the jar is) is kinda pricey but still not up there with some of those outrageous European Waxes which likely have less longevity than Infinity (I hope). That said, is it worth it? I guess the question is “Is it worth it to you?” and that’s something only you can find out by trying it. For me, even if I go thru 1 jar a season, (applying even every 3 months if necessary) it has value in that it gives me a truly unique and pleasing look. And I’ve paid *way* more than $139 chasing products that did little or nothing to make them stand apart.

Kamikaze Infinity Wax-kjar.jpg

As long as longevity of looks and self-cleaning are reasonable, I’ll keep up with the Infinity; it’s nice to have a finish you love to look at, and yet can’t really put in to words why it’s so captivating…but it is. I certainly didn’t expect that out of the Kamikaze Infinity, kinda figured ‘One and done’, but surprises like this sure are welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Infinity Wax

Nicely done, review
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! Glad you like it!

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, quick update: Was initially a little disheartened by the diminished self-cleaning character the Infinity Wax brought to the finish; more of a beader than a sheeter, it was more prone to minor water spotting than before application. Perhaps due to the carnuba content?

So I did what I usually do when I`m looking to get back to great sheeting/self cleaning: Grabbed Overcoat and gave it a thorough application; car is staying as clean as before with the subtle enhanced and fluid appearance of Infinity Wax.

Car has sat outside, driven through rain and not been washed in a few weeks:

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes nickclark08, 512detail, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool review..

So the overcoat didn`t hurt the "look"?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BudgetPlan1, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Cool review..

So the overcoat didn`t hurt the "look"?
    Doesn`t seem to. Still has that curiously pleasing `Infinity` look to it; kinda a softening yet glossy look, most apparent on panel transitions and curves. Kinda a `relaxed` PA High Gloss look maybe?

Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Doesn`t seem to. Still has that curiously pleasing `Infinity` look to it; kinda a softening yet glossy look, most apparent on panel transitions and curves. Kinda a `relaxed` PA High Gloss look maybe?

Thank you.

Now you`re costing me $$$$
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes mg031, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for update. I took your advise back when I just did ISM an overcoat, which I`m more then pleased. Saved myself the $ from buying infinity wax, though I still managed to spend it on other detailing products.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

that`s called karma from all the money you have cost us Kamikaze Infinity Wax

Brandt K.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, DaveT435 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

car still looks great!

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

Well, it could just be all in my SiO2-addled mind...ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    car still looks great!
    Dunno if it`s the color, the design of the body panels (maybe their angles aid in shedding water) or the product(s) but this car just always looks great no matter what it`s put through.

Walking by, this particular area always just shows off the color and gloss...stops me every time:
    fender.jpg
    Likes Ronkh, VitreousHumor, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, finally made it to the bottom of the tiny jar. Covered 1 coat on:

2016 Civic Coupe
    2016 WRX
    2004 Corvette
    20XX Ford Ranger
    2017 Accord Coupe
    2016 Civic Coupe

Still strangely mesmerizing...little Infinity Beads (or Overcoat beads more likely)...little bit of `tiny rain`

Little bit of normal rain

Post Thanks / Like

DudgetPlan1- Hey, I like those tiny, spherical beads! How well does it last/protect?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information