Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Infinity Wax

Wasn`t polydimethyl-siloxane one of the ingredients in Blue Coral`s old waxes that gave (past tense) it its gloss factor??? Some things never change: what was old is now new.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Wasn`t polydimethyl-siloxane one of the ingredients in Blue Coral`s old waxes that gave (past tense) it its gloss factor??? Some things never change: what was old is now new.
    That’s before my time, but PBL seems to contain octamethylcyclotetrasilocane. IGL Premiere uses some kind of polysiloxane, and others I’m aware of only mention ‘siloxane’ without the composition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    @BudgetPlan1, your opinion is important to me, would like to know your thoughts. Same with anyone else out there who has used Infinity Wax or just has an opinion.
    I used it by itself on the back bumper/wrap around of wife`s Civic last year. When I coated it with Zipang-Miyabi-Zipang (June 2019), left that area uncoated as some wobbly sausage had whacked the lower right rear area of the car sometime during Winter and I was gonna be touching up a chip or 2. I used Infinity Wax + Overcoat to get me through the Summer and on into the Winter/Spring of 2020. Did quite well for the Summer months, about 3-4 months in it started to `not hold onto the Overcoat` as well, needing more frequent applications. It was totally gone I`m sure by the time Spring 2020 rolled around, probably sooner. I`d guess in nice weather with Overcoat on occasion it`s a 4-5 month deal, maybe a bit longer if actually maintained frequently which this car is not. This car is very lightly used as wife only works maybe 5 miles from home, no freeways; generally just sits outside getting covered in pollen, leaves, rain and whatever else falls from the sky.

After the 2020 Spring carpet-bombing with Gyeon Tar, Gyeon Iron and Polish Angel Ultrared the car was the first in our driveway to get the PA High Gloss Paste Wax and is maintained with HG Spritz now, the bumper included (which I never got around to coating...doh!). I did put some TAC Moonlight on the bumper after finally washing it last weekend, just for giggles. I thought I sent the Moonlight off to someone after running it on the hood of a rental car last Summer, next to Gyeon CanCoat; guess not cuz when I was cleaning up my cabinet of `stuff` I saw the Moonlight in the package w/ CanCoat so figr`d to give it a try on the bumper. I might never get around to actually coating this bumper/wrap around area....good intentions, poor motivation. I`m gonna re-do my daily driver (currently wearing SPS Graphene) this Summer if I can work up the energy. No idea what to do it with; maybe 22ple Insanity, maybe Kami ISM 2.0...probably whatever I use for that will hit the bumper of this car as well.

The Kami Infinity Wax is definitely tougher than PA High Gloss Paste though, that much I can see already. Better water behavior as well; it`s pretty great on it`s own but the Overcoat on top adds a bit more without diminishing the look. But you know how that whole `appearance` thing goes...it may be all in my head!
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I used it by itself on the back bumper/wrap around of wife`s Civic last year. When I coated it with Zipang-Miyabi-Zipang (June 2019), left that area uncoated as some wobbly sausage had whacked the lower right rear area of the car sometime during Winter and I was gonna be touching up a chip or 2. I used Infinity Wax + Overcoat to get me through the Summer and on into the Winter/Spring of 2020. Did quite well for the Summer months, about 3-4 months in it started to `not hold onto the Overcoat` as well, needing more frequent applications. It was totally gone I`m sure by the time Spring 2020 rolled around, probably sooner. I`d guess in nice weather with Overcoat on occasion it`s a 4-5 month deal, maybe a bit longer if actually maintained frequently which this car is not. This car is very lightly used as wife only works maybe 5 miles from home, no freeways; generally just sits outside getting covered in pollen, leaves, rain and whatever else falls from the sky.
    The Kami Infinity Wax is definitely tougher than PA High Gloss Paste though, that much I can see already. Better water behavior as well; it`s pretty great on it`s own but the Overcoat on top adds a bit more without diminishing the look. But you know how that whole `appearance` thing goes...it may be all in my head!
    Sounds like I’ll be totally fine using Infinity Wax just on top of Essence, NOT on top of a coating. I will be topping with Overcoat, maybe even some other toppers like Gold Zircon or Black Wulfenite for grins. And I’ll have plenty Infinity Wax left to re-apply as needed, if I want.

Any thoughts about applying it on CanCoat so it has a zesty base coat to sit on? My choices right now on the X5 are apply Infinity Wax on Essence or put Cancoat in-between since I have plenty of that to use up also.

Since I want to use up the pot by winter... regardless of what I do with the X5, the wife’s Q5 will probably get PBL Coating followed by Infinity Wax. This will let me see what Infinity Wax does on top of a different brand coating.

Sorry to blabber on, I just want to make the best choice right now after working my butt of on a full correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like I’ll be totally fine using Infinity Wax just on top of Essence, NOT on top of a coating. I will be topping with Overcoat, maybe even some other toppers like Gold Zircon or Black Wulfenite for grins. And I’ll have plenty Infinity Wax left to re-apply as needed, if I want.

Any thoughts about applying it on CanCoat so it has a zesty base coat to sit on? My choices right now on the X5 are apply Infinity Wax on Essence or put Cancoat in-between since I have plenty of that to use up also.

Since I want to use up the pot by winter... regardless of what I do with the X5, the wife’s Q5 will probably get PBL Coating followed by Infinity Wax. This will let me see what Infinity Wax does on top of a different brand coating.

Sorry to blabber on, I just want to make the best choice right now after working my butt of on a full correction.
    I put it on top of coatings so I`d imagine Essence, CanCoat, PBL etc wouldn`t be an issue. Probably knock longevity down a touch but really, how long do many of us go between squirting more product on the paint? Kamikaze Infinity Wax
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I put it on top of coatings so I`d imagine Essence, CanCoat, PBL etc wouldn`t be an issue. Probably knock longevity down a touch but really, how long do many of us go between squirting more product on the paint? Kamikaze Infinity Wax
    Interesting take. I would have initially guessed longevity might go longer n top of a solid ceramic base. Not that it matters, like you say.

I applied Cancoat on the front end, back end, and side bottom rockers... the heavy contamination spots. Now I’m sitting on whether to Cancoat the rest or try this current base setup out so I can see the difference. Hmmm.. might have just wrote myself the answer right there.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting take. I would have initially guessed longevity might go longer n top of a solid ceramic base. Not that it matters, like you say.
    Never know, it might just last longer given it`s makeup, it is X% glass coating, Y% Carnauba Wax. Perhaps the coating part will increase the `bond`.

In other news, just washed wife`s Corvette; foam, wash, blow dry...and done. No Overcoat, no Cosmic, no High Gloss, no Wulfenite Kamikaze Infinity Wax

Was a very odd experience to just walk away Kamikaze Infinity Wax

Post Thanks / Like

In other news, just washed wife`s Corvette; foam, wash, blow dry...and done. No Overcoat, no Cosmic, no High Gloss, no Wulfenite

Was a very odd experience to just walk away
    I’Ve been having to walk away from my roofs and hoods after washing/drying due to some testing... funny feeling. But I make up for it by slathering the vertices panels like BBQ sauce on pork ribs.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@BudgetPlan1, do you recall what the consistency of Kamikaze Wax was, and whether the top for the pot would screw on tight or not?

My pot top is sort of stripped, it starts to get slightly tight and then comes off the threads, becoming loose if you tighten any further. The wax consistency reminds me of garlic paste or something, or almost like white wasabi (the green, spicy ‘paste’ that comes with sushi).

Just hoping my stuff is normal and didn’t spoil due to a loose top.

Post Thanks / Like

@BudgetPlan1, do you recall what the consistency of Kamikaze Wax was, and whether the top for the pot would screw on tight or not?

My pot top is sort of stripped, it starts to get slightly tight and then comes off the threads, becoming loose if you tighten any further. The wax consistency reminds me of garlic paste or something, or almost like white wasabi (the green, spicy ‘paste’ that comes with sushi).

Just hoping my stuff is normal and didn’t spoil due to a loose top.
    Unfortunately my `Culinary Awareness` is pretty limited so dunno about Garlic Paste or Wasabi Kamikaze Infinity Wax

It`s definately not a hard paste wax, it`s stirred up quite easily. Consistency is kinda like Mayonnaise; Miracle Whip, Helman`s...take your pick. Or sour cream. Actually kinda like Mashed Taters.

Be sure to stir it up for a minute or so before applying.

Can be a few soft, waxy chunks in there as well...hence the stirring.

My jars have always screwed on relatively tight but the threads of top are a plastic insert, sometimes that can spin inside the lid.

Stuff in pics is over a year old, same consistency as when new.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Budget! Mine is like microwave mashed potatoes where not enough milk or water was added... a little chunky and slightly dry. I’ll stir more next time but I can’t find the little stirrer, so I used a metal straw which wasn’t an ideal mixer (not enough friction, too thin).

Also, I couldn’t remember which applicator came with it so I used a flimsy yellow one which made it tough to spread properly. Then I looked up after the fact, so I’m thinking I may do another coat with the proper tools either tonight or after the first wash.

Glad to see your product is still looking good after a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Budget! Mine is like microwave mashed potatoes where not enough milk or water was added... a little chunky and slightly dry. I’ll stir more next time but I can’t find the little stirrer, so I used a metal straw which wasn’t an ideal mixer (not enough friction, too thin).

Also, I couldn’t remember which applicator came with it so I used a flimsy yellow one which made it tough to spread properly. Then I looked up after the fact, so I’m thinking I may do another coat with the proper tools either tonight or after the first wash.

Glad to see your product is still looking good after a year.
    While neat looking, the little plastic stir-thing is pretty pointless...end up getting stuff all over your fingers. I usually use a wooden shish-kebob skewer (why I have a package of those remains a mystery to me) to stir and then to grab a bit and spread it on an applicator in a few spots, no need to cover entire applicator...it`ll kinda spread itself over the applicator face as you go. Apply very thin, no need to "1970`s Paste Wax It" as far as application goes. I`ve used round, blue microfiber applicators and the round, red foam ones as well. I think I prefer the microfiber.

I believe the consistency actually gets a bit thinner as it ages in the jar but still relatively creamy when new. Didn`t realize I still had some in the cabinet...now I wanna wax something. Hmmm...2 parts Infinity Wax, 2 parts PA HG Paste....
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use a wooden shish-kebob skewer (why I have a package of those remains a mystery to me)...
    And you were downplaying your “Culinary Awareness”, ha!

Post Thanks / Like

I applied a second coat tonight, due to my frustration with the initial application last night. Don’t get me wrong, the finish looked great after wipe off, but the process with the flimsy yellow foam applicator and using a slick metal straw to stir and spread left me pretty frustrated and it took at least 45-50mins to apply to the whole vehicle.

This time I used an old car key as my mixer and spreader, and I dug out a red foam finishing applicator that is exactly like the grey one that comes with the wax. What a difference the proper tools makes, no matter how primitive the tools are. It took about 20 mins to apply this time around. The wax looked like soft, warm mashed potatoes after stirring, rather than chunky, leftover mashed potatoes. The applicator is stiff so it was effortless getting the wax to spread out on the pad as I wiped. Much more enjoyable experience tonight!

Thanks for the tips, Budget and Kamikaze directions.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information