Post Thanks / Like

Review: TAC System Mystic Bubble

I`ve been searching for TAC System products for quite some time now. Their website has been pretty dysfunctional until recently it seems, and now they have a functioning online store. A week or so ago, I ordered several products from them in order to give them a try.

Mystic Bubble was one of them.

Product Description
    Mystic bubble is a PH-neutral concentrated car wash shampoo that produces high density of foam to eliminate dirts and grease.

Mystic bubble is designed for use as a coating maintenance. As a neutral substance, it will not damage he paint surface of the car body.

Yup. That`s it. That`s the only description. After some snooping around and asking questions, this shampoo is intended for coated vehicles, as it is pH neutral and is intended to clean the surface without leaving anything behind. This is unlike their related product, Mystic Repellent, which is akin to Gyeon Bathe+. I suspect Mystic Bubble is like CarPro Reset.

Mystic Bubble comes in three sizes:

500mL: $12.99
    1000mL: $21.99
    4000mL: $57.99

Shipping and Handling
    Here`s how my shipment from TAC System US arrived.

I wasn`t pleased. They all could have been easily damaged. While there was no leaking from Mystic Bubble, there was from TAC Moonlight. Lost maybe 5% of the product. Anyway.

Instructions
    The instructions state to dilute the soap 500:1. Four gallons of water are equal to 512 oz. Therefore, I mixed 1 oz (30mL) of soap into the bucket. (At this rate, I should get about 33 washes out of this 1 liter bottle. That makes this cost of this particular car wash approximately $0.73. If a gallon of this is purchased, each wash should cost $0.43)

Vehicle
    2013 Tesla Model S
    Paint coating: Gyeon Mohs (2016)
    Wheel coating: WG Uber Ceramic (2017)
    Tire coating: TW Endura Shine (2017)

Discussion
    The soap has a fairly neutral smell. There is a faint odor of fruit, but I could not identify if it had a particularly strong smell one way or the other. The solution itself is a light purple color and has a mild amount of viscosity to it. It did not cling, nor did it have a slimy tenacious drip like some of the other soaps I`ve used. In fact, once the solution ran off my fingers, there was almost a sticky sensation noted.

This 30 mL was added to 4 gallons of water and hit with a jet of water from the garden hose. THe foaming was average to above average on initial agitation. In the past, I have used Mr. Pink, DP Xtreme Foam, Honey Dew, Bathe+, GC Citrus Wash and Gloss, Griot`s and Meguiar`s Gold. It was definitely average -- certainly more than Bathe+ and certainly less than Mr. Pink.

Bubbles tended to cling to the microfiber wash mitt, and when applied to the surface of the paint, the wash mitt easily glided across the surface using just the weight of the wet wash mitt. While moving the mitt across the surface, the wash solution immediately separated, as I often find to be the case on coated surfaces. Nevertheless, bubbles did persist and coated the surface of the paint where the solution did not separate.

Rinsing was an absolute breeze. Unlike Mr. Pink and others, I noticed immediately the return of the hydrophobic paint surface. Whereas Mr. Pink and others definitely affected the immediate beading and sheeting (in a negative way), there was no hint of anything inhibiting the coating on my car, as water readily beaded and rolled off the surface with the immediate rinse.

I also used the shampoo to wash my wheels and tires. The soapy solution easily cleaned brake dust off the wheels and removed dust and dirt from the tires, restoring the appearance of my glossy tires. After this, I dried the vehicle with my Master Blaster, which works great for a well-protected (especially coated) car. I did notice that drying it was easier when compared to drying it after washing with Mr. Pink, my staple 2BW soap.

Summary
    Mystic Bubble is a pH neutral concentrated car wash shampoo that produces a fair amount of foam and gets the job done. The manufacturers state that it does not interfere with your underlying coating and doesn`t leave any polymers, glossifiers or additional SiO2 behind.

For those who want an effective shampoo that leaves you with nothing behind, this will be an effective product. I would be interested in hearing from people who use CarPro Reset to see if Mystic Bubble is essentially the same thing.

Shampoos aren`t that interesting in my opinion, but they have to have enough lubricity to help the mitt glide across the surface. They have to have enough surfactants to encapsulate the dirt and help eliminate it. There are many who want a shampoo that leaves nothing behind. Mystic Bubble does all three.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Likes Tc99m, The Guz, BudgetPlan1, Boden, Ronkh and 2 others liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: TAC System Mystic Bubble

Kevin

Nicely done review
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes kevincwelch liked this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Super write up Kevin! Thanks for buying these TAC products and posting your impressions.

I just received my order of Moonlight and look forward to giving it a try.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    I just received my order of Moonlight and look forward to giving it a try.
    Looking forward to hearing your impression as well. I used a bit of it last night on the hood of my car. It`s hard to tell how well it works since it`s basically a coating on top of a coating. However, I will say that it spreads very easily and is easy to buff away.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

thank ypu
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a winner. Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your reviews

Thread Information