Post Thanks / Like

Britemax Spray and Shine vs Chemical Guys P40

A little while ago, The Guz did a review on the Britemax Spray and Shine. He was kind enough to `pay it forward`, and send me some of the product (along with an extra something) he had left, so that I`d have a chance to try it out. I had mentioned in his review thread that I`d like to see how it stacked up against Chemical Guys (hold the boos) P40 Detailer Spray. His review used it as a drying aid, mine is more about the quick detailer function of both products. The test vehicle is my daughter`s 2013 Hyundai Sonata (silver), which sits in the garage most days, and typically gets more dusty than dirty. I`d love to show you pics, but she just left with it.

Both products share the same, semi-watery consistency. I`d give the edge in the smell category to the P40 (bubble gum), where the Britemax is a little more like an APC, but not bad, and it certainly does not linger. Using my Cobra Super Plush Jr, maybe my favorite quick detailer towel, I did half the deck lid with P40, and the other half with Britemax. Spray on, wipe in one direction, then buff off. I used a clean towel for each side. I`d call their cleaning ability a dead heat. Both left the surface slick and glossy, with a very, very slight edge to the P40. Both flashed a little, and neither needed a lot of buffing for removal.

Cost-wise is almost a dead heat, too. In it`s smaller (16oz) size, P40 is .75/oz, where the Britemaz is (24oz size) is .66/oz. Gallon-size quantities ring in at 36.99 for both of them.

Sorry this was not as informative as a lot of reviews you see here, but there really was not a lot to talk about. Either will suit you as a quick detailer, or used as a drying aid. I`m gonna take a cue from The Guz, and send some of this along to anyone who would like to try it. Just PM me your address, and I`ll forward some to you. First PM gets it
    Likes The Guz, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine vs Chemical Guys P40

Thanks for the review and comparison.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Thread Information