Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Sprayduster ACTIVE- Initial thoughts and observations

PA says they made some improvements that include "active foam which boosts cleaning and waterspot removal properties while also increasing protection."
    So there you have it, they acknowledge it has/had "something" in it.

Well less than 1 minute after I get off work I had to give this a try.

The subject here would be my truck sitting outside in the sun which was rw dirty territory if not 2bm..figured it would be a tough test so I decided to do about half the hood.

I don`t think this product is really meant to be used on a surface this dirty, but why not give it a try.

dirtier than i could get to show up

a couple sprays

wiped off

decided to try it on a door as well and used a little less. wipeoff was still a tad finicky.

The wipeoff on my truck was not very easy. That amount I sprayed on half the hood took three towels to wipe off. Most likely used too much since the panel was not just slightly dusty. This is not the scenario this product should be used in anyways.

thoughts from initial use:
    It smell is better than the old version, and reminds me of halls caugh drops for some reason.

color is lime green and its a pretty thin consistency

Sprayduster active (sda) is thinner than regular sprayduster (sd) and spreads easier because of that. its more of a thin liquid consistency which helps it spread on the panel A LOT easier than the thicker sd, which has clumps of stuff in it like other PA sprays

Sda foams, but its not a lot of foam action yet does bubble a bit when sprayed onto the surface.

This product is most likely best when used on a barely dirty car, on with just a light accumulation of dust on it, like my car...

thoughts from initial use:
    It smell is better than the old version, and reminds me of halls caugh drops for some reason.

color is lime green and its a pretty thin consistency

Sprayduster active (sda) is thinner than regular sprayduster (sd) and spreads easier because of that. its more of a thin liquid consistency which helps it spread on the panel A LOT easier than the thicker sd, which has clumps of stuff in it like other PA sprays

Sda foams, but its not a lot of foam action yet does bubble a bit when sprayed onto the surface.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Sprayduster ACTIVE- Initial thoughts and observations

Fast forward to a few days later...

As you may have seen, I recently used Cosmic shampoo + cosmic spritz on my car and later that day I drove it 120 miles round trip to a car meet. While it didnt really get very dirty at all, it had some bugs on it and very light dust so I decided to give Sprayduster Active (sda) another go especially since I had been using the prior formula on the same vehicle.

starting with the roof, I intentionally applied way too much

and yes it was not easy to wipe off without streaks, it took two towels and multiple towel flips...but on the other half of the roof I sprayed one light mist and it removed very easily with only one DMMT

Since SDA has a thin liquid consistency, it sprays wonderfully out of the sprayer, and you`re able to get a nice fine mist that is a little bubbly/foamy and as long as you lay down a small thin amount, it wipes up much easier than previous version in my experience.

I used about 10 full sprays to do the rest of the car, including the glass

I then decided to try and get some of the 2pm high sun that was peeking in and out of the clouds

stood on truck bed

and a video

thoughts after second use:
    It sure was a breeze to apply with light thin mists sprayed onto the car, it worked easier on my coated areas as well, but not really a surprise there either.

I was a little worried it may be streaky in the sun but it was not.

I will have to say this product surprised me. Relative to the previous version, SDA is far easier to apply and remove. I think PA hit the mark with regards to improving the previous formula but at the end of the day it`s still 16.9oz of quick detailer for 39.99.

Now is it worth 39.99? probably not but man is it easier to use than the original formula! Two 200ml of their other sprays is still a better buy IMO.

I will be using the original Sprayduster for a drying aid and Sprayduster Active as a light qd when needed, but I`m still sticking with Spray and Wipe by the gallon for use in 95% of situations when I consider using a qd type product.

thanks for viewing

Brandt K.
    Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

edited

wondering about the original? (in case you missed it)
    Polish Angel Sprayduster- initial thoughts and observations

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I hated the original version. I guess they took my criticism to heart. The original SD was "a never to use again" product. Too hard to remove.
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I hated the original version. I guess they took my criticism to heart. The original SD was "a never to use again" product. Too hard to remove.
    Agreed.

Used it once, then donated it to my local land fill.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The other PA QD called Presto sprays out looking like a horrifying mess, and you`d sear you`re in for a chore, but it just melts into the paint and wipes clean as it flashes. I think with the new version of Spray Duster, the lines are blurred between Presto and SDA, and they should just conglommerate them into one.

(yes, conglommerate)
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    The other PA QD called Presto sprays out looking like a horrifying mess, and you`d sear you`re in for a chore, but it just melts into the paint and wipes clean as it flashes. I think with the new version of Spray Duster, the lines are blurred between Presto and SDA, and they should just conglommerate them into one.

(yes, conglommerate)
    yea I view presto as a QD+ type product (moreso than sprayduster) and I`ve used presto and its stupid easy to use....not like sprayduster...but sprayduster active is getting towards the easy to use, just not near as easy as the other PA offerings

Brandt K.

Thread Information