Post Thanks / Like

Review - WipeNew Rainbrella

Description:

RainBrella™ by Wipe New® is an umbrella for your windshield. This long lasting treatment repels nature’s worst elements, water, mud, dirt and more, from exterior glass surfaces. The crystal clear, haze-free formula will increase visibility and safety when driving in the poorest weather conditions. The innovative, wipe on technology makes for a quick and easy application.
    Wipe New RainBrella is great for use on additional automotive glass surfaces such as side mirrors, side windows and rear windows

Features:

• Repels rain, mud and dirt
    • Improves visibility while driving in poor weather conditions
    • Crystal clear, haze-free formula
    • Easy-to-use, wipe on application
    • Protects through 100 car washes
    • Last 2x longer than Rain X
    Price: 6.99

Directions:

One Wipe-It™ contains enough RainBrella™ to treat the front windshield with two coats. It is recommended to apply two coats of RainBrella for best results.Wipe New® RainBrella™ is designed specifically for exterior glass. It is not recommended for use on plastic or polycarbonate substrates.
    IMPORTANT: If a slight haze or shine still remains after removing the second coat, use a damp, clean cloth or paper towel to aid in the removal of any remnants.
    When applying RainBrella™, wear the included protective gloves and use in a well-ventilated area.
    Wipe New® RainBrella™ is great for use on additional automotive glass surfaces such as: side mirrors, side windows and rear windows.

Read all instructions before application. Use when temperature is between 50°F and 90°F. Prior to applying, clean the glass surface with a glass cleaner to remove any contaminants. Follow the
    cleaner instructions for best results.
    Wearing the included gloves, tear open the RainBrella™ Wipe-It™. Note that the Wipe-It™ packet will be heavily saturated. Do NOT wring out.
    In a circular motion, buff the Wipe-It™ onto the windshield until the entire windshield has been covered. Once the windshield is completely covered, let the treatment sit on the surface for 5 minutes.
    After the treatment has dried for 5 minutes, the windshield will appear lightly hazed.
    Next, in a circular motion, buff off the treatment using the included dry microfiber buffing cloth. Wait 10 minutes before applying the recommended second coat.
    Apply a second coat of RainBrella™ with the existing, pre-saturated cloth using the same technique. During the application, it is recommended to re-fold the Wipe-It™ to keep the outermost cloth saturated. Repeat the buffing process. The microfiber buffing cloth can be used for removing both coats of RainBrella™.

I saw this stuff on the "As seen on TV" isle in my local Target and decided to pick it up and give it a try. I usually use Aquapel, and currently have it on my wife`s Expedition, but I don`t have anything on my car. So to start out I went a little above and beyond the directions. I started out by cleaning and claying the glass, then I hit it with some 0000 steel wool, then cleaned again. I wanted to make sure I was starting on the cleanest surface possible.

Inside the box contains 2 individually wrapped cloths infused with the rainbrella treatment, a small microfiber cloth for product removal, a pair of gloves, and instructions.

I wanted to follow the directions to the T, so I donned the gloves and opened the packet to pull out the chemical infused cloth. OMG this stuff should have came with a SCBA fresh air mask!! This stuff has an intense chemical/solvent smell. It`s very strong, like very. Make sure you are in a well ventilated area and try not to get that stuff close to your face. So I wiped down the windshield and waited the 5 minuets for it to haze.

This is how it looked after 5 minuets.

This is the size of the cloth that is saturated with the product. It appears to be a microfiber, approx. 4in x 4in

After the 5 min was up, I removed it with the included cloth. I felt it was a little too small, so I just used it to remove the haze then followed it up with a second wipe using one of my towels. So now that the first coat was buffed off, you have to wait 10 min then apply a second coat. Both coats removed easily from the glass.

I applied the Rainbrella about a month ago and we finally got some rain to test it out. So here are 2 videos I shot showing the beading action.

This is during a moderate rain, driving at 60 mph
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdMCUljhCqY

This is during a little heavier rain and traveling 45 mph
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-dMeb2kLq4

Final Thoughts:

Overall, I feel the Rainbrella does a good job of removing the water from the windshield. It works better at higher speeds. 45 mph seems to be about the cut off...anything lower and the water just beads up and doesn`t really fly off. The beads it produces are very small. I didn`t get any wiper chatter. It`s not a bad product for the price. I`ll update with the longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - WipeNew Rainbrella

Thanks for the review, and thanks to your passenger for holding the camera while you`re driving in the rain. As we all know driving and videoing in the rain is not safe.....
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes sixsix liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - WipeNew Rainbrella

Thanks...Yeah he did an ok job holding it Review - WipeNew Rainbrella

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Thread Information