Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Glasscoat Shampoo- Initial thoughts and observations (pic heavy)

Polish Angel Glasscoat Shampoo 200ml.
    "Clean and protect your coated car with Polish Angel Glasscoat Shampoo!

Polish Angel Glasscoat Shampoo was specifically designed to wash and maintain coatings and sealants. Polish Angel Glasscoat Shampoo boosts protection, gloss, and water behavior with built in Silica (SiO2).

Designed to work on its own or to boost existing coatings and sealants, Glasscoat Shampoo is an extremely high-foaming shampoo designed to restore the impressive water beading characteristics exhibited by paint and surface coatings. The gentle detergents in Polish Angel Glasscoat Shampoo help lift dirt and contamination away from the car’s surfaces to leave a perfectly clean, glossy finish." - from ACC website
    videos:
    activation:

flat panel rinse off(no coating on there)

same panel just water sheeting

vertical panel (no coating there)

I have all of the PA shampoos and this is the only one I had not used yet so I had to give it a go.

Vehicle was washed at 12noon with sun blasting down and clouds covering it at times.

I applied nattys black to the roof (and passenger side and hood) about 5 weeks ago or so but have been using Sprayduster as qd, and twice a high pressure rinse, drive to dry off and Sprayduster again to keep it clean the only few times I drove it.

It rinses very clean just like their other soaps. I even left the soap residue on there longer than I probably should have and it rinsed clean, zero steaks on my black car. It almost dried on the passenger side too. No issues there rinsing off with my hose.

price is high, you gotta pony up for this kind of shine and it`s not for everyone
    at 39.99 per 200ml
    and a recommendation of 50ml for 10l water it can be $10 a wash

i didn`t feel that amount was necessary, so i poured 30ml glasscoat into 1.5 gal water and activated. 1.58gal would have been actual water amt for 30ml ratio.

as you could see from the video, the foam was just fine and it was plenty to wash my SRT..next time i think i will put the 30ml shampoo in the bucket and then activate it with water

you can see it looks kind of like motor oil

it smelled good but nothing like using flake or glissante, i just love the way they smell the best

some beading pics before drying

roof

then i dried it with what most may consider a heavy hand of PA Cosmic Spritz and the medium big blue towel and final wipe with a DMMT

didnt mess with tires or trim at this point

kind of stalked the sun as it was going in and out of the clouds and got a few shots before putting car back in garage

then wheels got full face and barrel treatment with the last of the glasscoat and were blown dry along with fender and mirrors etc on car

took a few pics

keep in mind my trunk lid is essence base with csl/exov2 and csl/exov3 split (v3 on passenger side half)

i have put a slight bit of micromarring on that trunk but im convinced it came by allowing a mustang to stay in my garage for two days recently, hah

drivers side fender and door wearing- cosmic v2
    driver a to c pillar and rear qtr wearing- csl/exov3

roof is not coated

passenger side is not coated, usually wears Natty`s under there

Brandt K.
    Likes kevincwelch, Marc08EX liked this post
    Thanks kevincwelch, Marc08EX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Glasscoat Shampoo- Initial thoughts and observations (pic heavy)

then I pulled it into garage and added poorboys wheel sealant, and bold n brighr to tires, wells and trim

then it was really cloudy but 430pm and I wanted some sun in my pics so I tried again

Final thoughts: I like this product but I think I like their Aqua and Flake choices more. I will give this a go on my coated truck sometime. I really bought it to ne able to provide PA sio2 maintenance washes for any of my cosmicv2 clients, but naturally I have to test it out myself first.

My first thoughts were, literally, holy sheet. I wasn`t expecting that sheeting action, I was expecting lots of beads. I like it though.

And "is this gonna stain my windows..because hydro2lite, wet coat, hydrofoam and blue sio2 have all streaked my glass" and this did not. period.

Now granted those other products streaks wiped down pretty easily but all my glass is coated and/or covered in PA Diver.

Now the $39.99 question: Is it worth it?

Well if you`re into PA stuff, yeah. If you have cosmicv2 on your car, then yeah.
    If you`re one of those people who says "$x for x amount of product?!" Then take a look elsewhere because [edit: the price of this shine may not be for you]. This was purchased, just like every other product I own, woth profits I made from detailing so it`s already paid for.

PA is a botique brand and not intended for the buyer who wants to maximize profits anyways, but I`m still making money off this stuff when it`s used.

edit: if you`re rrally wanting to compare, you`d have to compare this to something like bathe+ which I know nothing about

Longevity? Not a clue and I`ll never know here on my car because my High Gloss bottles are already calling me saying they miss my car .

That should be enough.

Thanks for viewing.

Brandt K.
    Thanks kevincwelch, Marc08EX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Glasscoat Shampoo- Initial thoughts and observations (pic heavy)

Would be interested to see a surface cleaned with this shampoo vs. literally any other one to see if there is a noticeable difference in gloss.

I have a small problem with this:
    If you`re one of those people who says "$x for x amount of product?!" Then take a look elsewhere because this level of shine just isn`t for you. This was purchased, just like every other product I own, woth profits I made from detailing so it`s already paid for.

I am one of those people, and I say that all the time because it`s a valid point. The fact that I`m not willing to spend 40 dollars on <7oz of shampoo means I somehow am not going to get the same level of shine? I find that extremely hard to believe. "PA is a boutique brand" doesn`t automatically mean it`s worth whatever price tag that they put on it. That`s silly. We still have to be reasonable about this to a certain degree, don`t we? I`ve spent incredible amounts of money on detailing supplies(and I own polish angel stuff) but there has to be a line somewhere. This isn`t a dig on you or anything, just me kind of thinking out loud.

You don`t have to pay for premium products to achieve this appearance(especially when your car is already polished), and it`s perfectly reasonable for any consumer or business owner to ask for direct proof that these products perform at the price tag they ask. Sure, it was paid for with profits from detailing but that does not, IMO, make it exempt from criticism. You still paid for it with real dollars that you can no longer spend on something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    Would be interested to see a surface cleaned with this shampoo vs. literally any other one to see if there is a noticeable difference in gloss.

I have a small problem with this:

I am one of those people, and I say that all the time because it`s a valid point. The fact that I`m not willing to spend 40 dollars on <7oz of shampoo means I somehow am not going to get the same level of shine? I find that extremely hard to believe. "PA is a boutique brand" doesn`t automatically mean it`s worth whatever price tag that they put on it. That`s silly. We still have to be reasonable about this to a certain degree, don`t we? I`ve spent incredible amounts of money on detailing supplies(and I own polish angel stuff) but there has to be a line somewhere. This isn`t a dig on you or anything, just me kind of thinking out loud.

You don`t have to pay for premium products to achieve this appearance(especially when your car is already polished), and it`s perfectly reasonable for any consumer or business owner to ask for direct proof that these products perform at the price tag they ask. Sure, it was paid for with profits from detailing but that does not, IMO, make it exempt from criticism. You still paid for it with real dollars that you can no longer spend on something else.
    I get where you`re coming from and I edited that post as I agree because it came off the wrong way ---- [edit: the price of this shine may not be for you].

I can honestly say I am more than impressed with my Polish Angel products. The shine is something different (to say its better is just subjective, perhaps my subconscious sways my subjectivity after checking with my accounting department). As far as direct proof, I don`t have a fancy shine meter nor do I understand how they work I just know what my eyes see, which of course is subjective.

This product probably is a little on the so expensive it may not be bought side, and I haven`t tried all the other products in the same si02 soap category, so there very well maybe much better options at a lower price.

Price is relative anyways IMHO, but I didn`t mean to sound elitist or anything so I edited the post to reflect what I really meant.
    You/anyone might be able to get more of a shine with less expensive products, I never said that wasn`t possible...but to my eyes, the shine their products produce is different and maybe I just like the new different look more so to me it is `more shine`. who knows.

It`s a completely subjective argument we could dance around for hundreds of posts.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have much to add other than your car is simply stunning. Just love those challengers, especially in black
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes kevincwelch, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

PA your paying for ease of use more than anything but they do have aslightly different look (Usually flake or just gloss). That said, I use PA on my personal cars... thats it. Customers still get amazing products, some even more durable than what I put on my own for various reasons.

If you want great results at a shop, go with the standard greats, Rupes, Car-pro, 1z, Optimum, Meguiars, IGL and many others to list. If you want to ENJOY a pleasant experience, PA is the way to go. As someone who actually has a shop, I want my experience on my own cars to be different, easier and simply put theraputic. I want producst that bring me back to why detailing is my passion... that is what PA does, and it does it extremely well.

When I`m knocking out two steppers + coating, I`ll stick with IGL or something along those lines.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes Wing Commander, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    It`s a completely subjective argument we could dance around for hundreds of posts.
    Agreed. I feel like the majority of the detailing industry is based on subjectivity. There are just so many variables.

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    I want producst that bring me back to why detailing is my passion... that is what PA does, and it does it extremely well.
    That`s something I`ve never considered. There are certain products I use on my cars, like Sonax BSD, that don`t have the slickness people come to want/expect out of products, but the hydrophobic behavior is nuts and I just like seeing it, so I use it all the time and even when not necessary. I also put FK1000P on my bumper/rocker panels because it has the best resistance to bug guts/etching I`ve ever seen, but it would be silly to mix and match what I`m putting on certain peoples` cars. PA High Gloss is pretty simple to use and it does certainly look nice.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool review.

But gotta decide for myself. Bring all you pa soaps here and wash my Tahoe so I can decide for myself please.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Car looks stunning. I like the videos showing the water behavior after the wash.

I`d love to see how this soap looks with no additional drying aid used (or no other LSP) to see what kind of gloss it brings out as well as durability thereafter. To me, that would be the test of whether it`s worth the money. In essence, a wash that provides a great gloss as well as decent protection saves you from having to buy other products and therefore starts to make the price tag a little more palatable. No offense, but using a heavy dose of cosmic spritz as a drying aid would make any car shine like a diamond regardless of what was used as for the wash soap. I`m not frugal when it comes to detailing supplies but I just have a hard time shelling out for this unless it`s heavily discounted.

Post Thanks / Like

Another nicely done angelic review
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    Great review. Car looks stunning. I like the videos showing the water behavior after the wash.

I`d love to see how this soap looks with no additional drying aid used (or no other LSP) to see what kind of gloss it brings out as well as durability thereafter. To me, that would be the test of whether it`s worth the money. In essence, a wash that provides a great gloss as well as decent protection saves you from having to buy other products and therefore starts to make the price tag a little more palatable. No offense, but using a heavy dose of cosmic spritz as a drying aid would make any car shine like a diamond regardless of what was used as for the wash soap. I`m not frugal when it comes to detailing supplies but I just have a hard time shelling out for this unless it`s heavily discounted.
    agreed...and I thought about using mckees n914 WW as drying aid or spray and wipe but I was being lazy and didn`t want to add the additional step...no way would I dry my black car without a drying aid though- that is just asking for trouble on that soft clear coat

also I should add to say that just the coatings and the soap and spritz are contributing to the shine that is on that car would be a blatant lie....there`s a lot of other polish angel stuff on there and the wash soap probably went right on top of the Natty`s black I used on the passenger side, roof and hood a little over a month ago as well....the passenger side is in need of a compounding and polish to get to where the driver side was before I coated it- so I am even sacrificing some gloss on that passenger side by not having the paint where it needs to be, but that`s ok...gives me an excuse to use some Natty`s when I feel like it.

BUT the shampoo did completely change the water behavior of the roof and all other non coated areas

on the coating side of my car (drivers side), it didn`t sheet, just beaded off like the coatings do...csl/exo faster than cosmicv2 but both quite impressive still of course

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post

That`s something I`ve never considered. There are certain products I use on my cars, like Sonax BSD, that don`t have the slickness people come to want/expect out of products, but the hydrophobic behavior is nuts and I just like seeing it, so I use it all the time and even when not necessary. I also put FK1000P on my bumper/rocker panels because it has the best resistance to bug guts/etching I`ve ever seen, but it would be silly to mix and match what I`m putting on certain peoples` cars. PA High Gloss is pretty simple to use and it does certainly look nice.

I do any where from 1 - 4 cars a day, I use the best stuff on the market for wheels, paint etc. Sometimes that stuff isn`t always the most pleasant smelling or skin friendly. We always wear gloves and masks at times, it`s definitely a different animal than detailing out of home (As I`ve learned over time). It`s just like the Rupes argument, the 21 is without a doubt way faster then the 15 for cutting but when I want to slow it down and enjoy polishing I always use the 15. They are both top of the line machines but sometimes (Especially in the comfort of my home and off the clock, the clock itself shouldn`t matter.) On my off time I value ergonomics FAR more than speed.

With PA Flake, I enjoy the scent (Tea tree) and a nice classic 2 bucket hand wash and a final wipe down (PA HG or Cosmic). The other option (High end commercial), I could bust out CG citrus, W99, rip though the grime in 2 seconds with an atomizer and foam cannon, get nailed with chemical scents and then blast it down with hydro2, blow it with the metro an be done. Instead I use PA Cosmic or HG as a not only a strong gorgeous sealant but a drying aid as well, coupled with some good microfibers the water literally gets sucked out of all the crevices and I`m good to go.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Likes heisenberg, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Cool review.

But gotta decide for myself. Bring all you pa soaps here and wash my Tahoe so I can decide for myself please.
    I offered to smuggle you some soaps on the plane before DF!

if one could only choose one pa soap I`d go with Flake personally

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I offered to smuggle you some soaps on the plane before DF!

if one could only choose one pa soap I`d go with Flake personally
    My thoughts exactly....

Esp since most foam canons suck with coatings, just saying.

Likes Ronkh, 512detail liked this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information