Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Wurth Cockpit Care

Disclaimer: Meghan of Autogeek sent me this product along with a few others to review. Thank you Meghan for sending it out to me.

Product: Wurth Cockpit Care

Product link: Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care, cockpit protectant, dash protectant, interior dressing

Price: $22.99

Quantity: 16.9 oz

Product description:

Protect your dash with real carnauba wax and Jojoba oils!

Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care revives plastic surfaces and protects them with natural carnauba wax and oils with a satin matte gloss. Your interior will smell great and stay cleaner longer with Wurth`s amazing dust-repellent formula. Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care protects and beautifies in one step.

Natural carnauba wax and Jojoba oils help plastics retain their elasticity and Wurth`s unique all-in-one product provides long-term protection against environmental influences and aging. Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care prevents drying and brittleness. Plus, your cockpit surfaces will stay cleaner.

Apply Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care to all interior plastics. To avoid overspray, spray the applicator and wipe over surfaces.

Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care isn`t sticky or shiny. It looks natural, rich, and clean - just what a well-detailed interior should look like.
    I am writing this at almost 2 am so I hope this one makes sense lol.

With all of the countless interior protectants from bigger named manufacturers, some products just get lost in the shuffle. I never really paid attention to the Wurth brand. So when I received it I was like huh?

What is interesting is that the chemical makeup of it includes carnauba wax and jojoba oils. The first thing I said to myself is what are jojoba oils? and what is it for?

This is the definition of jojoba (pronounced hoh-hoh-buh)

a shrub, Simmondsia chinensis (or S. californica), of the southwestern U.S. and Mexico, bearing seeds that are the source of an oil (jojoba oil) used in cosmetics and as a lubricant
    The directions on the rear of the bottle are straight forward.

I have not been using anything lately on the interior dash of my Grand Prix for quite some time now. The reason being is that the dash plastics already glare off the glass with nothing on it. I usually just wipe it down with Meguiar`s Quik Interior Detailer. I did try out GTechniq C6 Matte Dash a few months ago which worked out well and gave a nice matte look that I liked. Wurth Cockpit Care looks close to C6. The difference being that Wurth darkens a bit more and a little more sheen.

Started off by wiping down the interior with Meguiar`s QID and then a damp microfiber towel to remove any residue. I don`t know if I mentioned this in the video I took.

I used a foam applicator to apply it. I started off by spraying the foam applicator and working it into the surface. I tried to capture the difference on camera.

Untreated side

Treated side with Wurth Cockpit Care. Up close it is hard to discern the difference between the treated and untreated side.

I pulled the tape line back after the initial application without buffing off any excess. The darkening effect of cockpit care can be seen.

I did give the surface a light buff to remove any excess product just to be sure.

I decided to let it runs its course for a week to see if it faded away or if it would hold up. After one week I took this photo and the treated side is still showing the protectant intact and doing very well.

I only applied it to this area. I did apply it to the entire interior of my dad`s car. His dash has more texture so for that type of material i didn`t notice any change in appearance.

Overall it was easy to work with. It left a nice satin matte appearance on the surface that is not glossy to cause glare on the windshield. It dry`s to the touch. It does state on the bottle that is anti-static and dust repellent. I can`t say I noticed too much dust repellency just on that small area over the week. I didn`t see dust accumulation on that area after applying it or the next day when I got into the car, so I take it the anti-static properties are working. Nothing scientific other than my eyes.

It does not leave any lasting scent. Hard to describe the scent of it. It`s like a fresh scent mixed with a carnauba wax scent. It is a white consistency. It is does need to be shaken before using it to mix it up real good.

Protection looks to be good at least from an initial stand point. Will have to see how long it goes until it needs to be reapplied. This would suit those who are looking for protectant that leaves a matte appearance.

I enjoyed using it and will be using it on the entire interior next. FYI the interior plastics will be 18 years old in July.

Thanks for reading.

Application video. Not the best video but an ok video.

1 week update video

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Marc08EX, The Driver, GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Wurth Cockpit Care

Nicely done review
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, nice photos, and that lawn seen outside your windshield is amazing!

Wurth is a huge company, and brand, from lumber to abrasives and silver wheel paint, but the car care products are niche here in America. A few times a week I see a Wurth truck on my commute to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Great review as always Mike!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I`ve seen the Wurth brand and never bought anything from them. I have way too many interior products now to buy another unless it is groundbreaking and what would be groundbreaking in interior care? Between 303 protectant and McKees Fast Interior Detailer I pretty much have all the bases covered.

Post Thanks / Like

The Gus- Thanks for this review! While I generally fan-boy about Wurth, I gotta admit that the ingredients list for this one would kinda dissuade me in a knee-jerk way, so I`m glad you`re putting it to the test. I`ll be especially interested to hear how it "dies off".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done review
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Great review!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Great review as always Mike!
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Thanks, nice photos, and that lawn seen outside your windshield is amazing!

Wurth is a huge company, and brand, from lumber to abrasives and silver wheel paint, but the car care products are niche here in America. A few times a week I see a Wurth truck on my commute to work.
    Thanks. That area was at my job. They do a great job maintaining the appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Nice review. I`ve seen the Wurth brand and never bought anything from them. I have way too many interior products now to buy another unless it is groundbreaking and what would be groundbreaking in interior care? Between 303 protectant and McKees Fast Interior Detailer I pretty much have all the bases covered.
    Thanks. I agree with you. Lots of great products around. The two you use are great. I stopped using 303 on this car because it made the dash a little to glossy for me. The plastics are just to reflective off the glass. GTechniq C6 matte dash didn`t do that and looked great for a couple months before it started to die off.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The Gus- Thanks for this review! While I generally fan-boy about Wurth, I gotta admit that the ingredients list for this one would kinda dissuade me in a knee-jerk way, so I`m glad you`re putting it to the test. I`ll be especially interested to hear how it "dies off".
    Thanks. I will keep this post updated to see how long it lasts. Dissuade you in what way?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

The Guz- When I read "Jojoba oils" it rubs me the wrong way ("oils...what do I want oils on those surfaces for? no thanks.."). The carnauba I have mixed feelings (not hating on it, my fave shoe polishes have it) about primarily with regard to that "how it behaves when it dies" and/or the possibility of the "white stains" if it`s not Accumulator-proof.

Eh, when it comes to Interior Slime Products (which I *will* resume using one of these days as a few of the vehicles need more than an Interior QD) I might tend towards "all synthetic, chemically" stuff.

Just thinking/posting out loud....

Post Thanks / Like

Weird, I just starting getting into Wurth about two weeks ago. My obsessive search to eliminating squeaks and rattles has led me their products like HHK plus etc.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

The Driver- IMO Wurth`s offerings are The [Stuff] when it comes to this kind of lubes.

I initially thought Wurth`s stuff was just high-falutin` hype that my European car mechanics used to appear exotic/"special", especially since they could just pass along the cost to the customer. Then I tried actually using them...
    Likes The Driver liked this post
    Thanks The Driver thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The Guz- When I read "Jojoba oils" it rubs me the wrong way ("oils...what do I want oils on those surfaces for? no thanks.."). The carnauba I have mixed feelings (not hating on it, my fave shoe polishes have it) about primarily with regard to that "how it behaves when it dies" and/or the possibility of the "white stains" if it`s not Accumulator-proof.

Eh, when it comes to Interior Slime Products (which I *will* resume using one of these days as a few of the vehicles need more than an Interior QD) I might tend towards "all synthetic, chemically" stuff.

Just thinking/posting out loud....
    accum, have you tried Finish Kare 108AS? It`s a great interior dressing and is anti-static.

Post Thanks / Like

The forum has had some really top notch reviews lately. This certainly qualifies as one. Thanks, Guz.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Marc08EX, The Guz, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    accum, have you tried Finish Kare 108AS? It`s a great interior dressing and is anti-static.
    No, but I`ll put it on my radar.

I haven`t used *any* Interior Slime (as I call such products ) for many years...can`t even remember the last time but it might`ve been the early oughts.

BUT....the Crown Vic`s interior vinyl needs something beyond an Interior QD and I will have to come up with something for that (eventually). Sigh...and here I`m the guy who`s always saying how tough auto interior materials are and how the don`t need stuff like dressings.

So, you like the FK 108AS better than, say...stuff from Wolfgang/PBL/PA/etc.? I`m so out-of-date on this one...last stuff I used was from Autoglym but I figured the fancy-brands might offer some kind of good "Interior Sealant" or somesuch. For this application it absolutely *MUST* come out dry as that`s a dog-hauler, and I sure expect it to last for many months between redos. The Anti-static could be good if it really works (never had that happen yet).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information