Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & How-To: Meguiar`s Car Wash Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    From your experience, does it eliminate the LSP completely?
    Spray waxes and the like are gone after going over the panels once. More substantial waxes and sealants are gone after 2 to 3 applications...when "stripping", I used more of the product, at a higher concentration.
    Without a doubt, this product strips LSP`s...quickly.
    Likes Marc08EX, Loach liked this post
    Thanks Marc08EX, heisenberg thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I can`t figure out who they are marketing this to.... It`s kind of a product looking for a market...
    I figure somebody at Meguiar`s thought there`d be a market for this...enough of a market to justify giving it a try, a market of, uhm...people who aren`t like us at Autopia. Simple as that..not "make for better detailing", not "make the world prettier one car at at time", just "make money off anybody who`ll buy a bottle". Not that I`m flaming them for that. Same as with those Armor All wipes and a whole lotta products..."will somebody buy it?" is all that matters. Downside is that unless enough people buy something, it simply gets discontinued no matter how good it is (3" MF Cutting Disks anyone?).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I figure somebody at Meguiar`s thought there`d be a market for this...enough of a market to justify giving it a try, a market of, uhm...people who aren`t like us at Autopia. Simple as that..not "make for better detailing", not "make the world prettier one car at at time", just "make money off anybody who`ll buy a bottle". Not that I`m flaming them for that. Same as with those Armor All wipes and a whole lotta products..."will somebody buy it?" is all that matters. Downside is that unless enough people buy something, it simply gets discontinued no matter how good it is (3" MF Cutting Disks anyone?).
    I have been thinking about those Armor All wipes (not for me) and if they are used to remove bird poo and not to wash the whole car they might actually be of some use to people who don`t drive around with a bottle of PBs Bird Sh*t remover and a microfiber towel. I`m sure they won`t just be used for that sole purpose though and then the wipes will cause more damage than prevent.

Megs will probably sell a few bottles of their new wash product and then drop it. I just don`t see many people needing this type of product when there are already easier ways to wash a car. I could be wrong though. I never thought people would buy the Polish Angel gold flaked stuff either...

Post Thanks / Like

rlmccarty2000- Yeah...those AA wipes are probably about the same as the SpeedShine ones GG sells (and which I used once upon a time).

Heh heh, I`d expect that PA stuff to stay around..."!oh, gold! So special.." Big market for being special these days But yeah, since Meguiar`s discontinues good products that people were buying I don`t expect this to stick around like M07.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I`m still not sure what to make of this product. I can`t figure out who they are marketing this to. Pros will probably stay away due to marring concerns (unless they are going to polish after use, it`s not a water saving product, it`s may not appeal to the "Dawn works for me crowd" because they already have Dawn, right? It`s kind of a product looking for a market instead of the other way around. I think Meg`s is moving away from the Autopian crowd by discontinuing products like d114 and 3 inch microfiber pads. I understand we probably make up a less than 1 percent of their business, but we probably have a much greater influence on the market than they realize. I wonder if Meg`s sent out samples to detailers for their opinion prior to the products release? Doubtful.
    Yeah I have no clue who this product will be best suited for. Now that I`m learning how it degrades your existing LSP, then I`m less likely to use this as a maintenance wash.

Quote Originally Posted by etnops View Post
    Spray waxes and the like are gone after going over the panels once. More substantial waxes and sealants are gone after 2 to 3 applications...when "stripping", I used more of the product, at a higher concentration.
    Without a doubt, this product strips LSP`s...quickly.
    Thanks for your input. You confirmed Meguiar`s response as seen in the response below.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Update from Meguiar`s:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Yes, one application of our Car Wash Plus+, because of it`s cleaning ability, will degrade a good amount of, for example, a polymer based wax like our Ultimate Wax. It is recommended to re-apply your favorite coat of wax after use.
    Source: Link Removed
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know why Megs simply didn`t release a LSP removing wash a long time ago instead of going about it this way
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Marc08EX, heisenberg liked this post
    Thanks Marc08EX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I don`t know why Megs simply didn`t release a LSP removing wash a long time ago instead of going about it this way
    I think this is better, honestly. No other "stripping wash" really does the job, IMO. Haven`t tried them all of course, but I`ve never heard enough glowing reviews on one that I had to pick it up. I hate how hard it is to rinse, for example, Citrus Wash and Gloss. Just feels sticky/slimy when I`m using it at the recommended ratio for stripping LSP as well.

I ordered up a bottle of this Megs stuff to try because it`s just such a foreign concept to me that I have to see what it`s about. It might be a nice little product for doing deep cleans on cars you plan on polishing. I think it`s marketed strangely, for sure, but look at something like D114 - people ended up using it as a panel wipe product. Now when you look at N-914 there are instructions on using it as a paint prep product right off the bat. We have a tendency to find good/multiple uses for products.

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t use this product. I`ll strip my LSP and likely mar the paint in the process
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

More retail less pro products. You are seeing the 3m influence

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    More retail less pro products. You are seeing the 3m influence
    Is the general idea that 3M = Pro/Meguiar`s = consumer retail?

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad they dropped it. I used this Saturday on my spring detail as a pre wash before applying Blackfire Si02 spray sealant. I for one love the product.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes dhaas66 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see this from Meguiar`s. This seems to a be the modus operanda for good car-care detailing products they develop, but find a "limited market appeal" (AKA, sub-standard profit margin based on volume of sales). I think there were (past tense) two products in the Detailer Line that are no longer available, but were (again past tense) Forum Favorites of many of you Autopians; D113 APC+ (less foaming for use with carpet extractors) and D114 Rinseless Wash Express. I see that even the "new" D107 Citrus Power degreaser is only offered on Meg`s website, as some re-sellers have dropped it.
    GB detailer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information