Post Thanks / Like

Review - Britemax Grime Out Degreaser

Disclaimer: Meghan of Autogeek sent me this product along with a few others to review. Thank you Meghan for sending it out to me.

Product: Britemax Grime Out Degreaser

Product link: Britemax Grime Out Degreaser

Price: $14.99

Quantity: 24 oz

Product description:

Britemax Grime Out Degreaser is a safe and effective degreaser for use in and around your vehicle. The concentrated formula can be diluted for use just about anywhere—including the interior! Britemax Grime Out Degreaser is fast-acting, dissolving tough grease and grime with each application.

When greasy, grimy messes crop up in and around your vehicle (as they tend to do!), you need a powerful cleaner that won’t damage the surface being cleaned. While an all-purpose cleaner may seem like a good idea, it may not be equipped to handle the tougher, greasier messes. Britemax Grime Out Degreaser has all the grease-cutting power you need to get the job done right!

Britemax Grime Out Degreaser cuts through brake dust, engine grease, salt spray, road tar, bug guts, and other grimy messes with ease. The non-acid formula does not contain any heavy solvents, so it’s perfect for use just about anywhere. Use it at full strength as a degreaser, diluted with 50% water for wheel cleaning and wax stripping, or with a 60%-80% water mix for the interior—even carpet and upholstery! It’s safe for use on wheels, tire, interior surfaces, and metals. For intense cleaning, trust Britemax Grime Out Degreaser.

Always test on an inconspicuous area when using a new product.

Do not use on bare, uncoated aluminum unless usage is followed immediately with polish.

I received this in the box of goodies to review.

The front of the bottle. The label states that it can be used on interior, exterior, tires and wheels. Also that it is biodegradable fast acting. Also states that it is non-acid / non-butyl / stain remover / cleaner.

The label on the rear of the bottle. Contains all the directions as well as the claims to what it can be used on. I do have one issue with the directions. There is no mention as to dilution ratios. That is stated on the product description on the Autogeek page. I don`t want to have to go back and look on the site for that information. I would much rather have that on the label.

I chose to use it as a tire cleaner to see what it can do. My brother just had one of his tires replaced due to a nail. So the tire shop decided to apply some of that nasty tire dressing they use. It`s usually a pain to remove. So this was a good test. Here is the tire. FYI this is not the new tire that was replaced.

I sprayed grime out onto the tire and it turned brown right away indicating that the tires were indeed dirty.

I used my tuf shine tire brush to agitate the degreaser and work it into the tire. I went 2-3 rounds of grime out plus agitation with the tire staying dry the entire time. On this particular tire I went 2 times around the tire and then rinsed it with water. I went around a third time to see if the tire was clean and it was.

This is the tire afterward.

Once the tires were cleaned I went ahead and dressed them with Chemical Guys VRP.

Overall I thought Britemax Grime Out did a very good job getting the tires clean. The sprayer does a fine job misting product onto the surface. It does not have a strong scent. For example Meguiar`s Super Degreaser is toxic. I always have to wear a mask if I use it. Britemax Grime Out does not have that toxic scent to it.

The one con I have is that there are no dilution ratios listed on the bottle. I prefer to have that information right in front of me instead of going online and finding that information. Other than that it worked well for the task I put it up against.

I am not sure if I will try it on the interior. Plus my interior is clean so no need to use anything strong in it if I don`t have to.

Thanks for reading.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Angus, mnehls86, Ronkh, ShakingHorizons liked this post
    Thanks Angus, Ronkh, ShakingHorizons thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Britemax Grime Out Degreaser

Mike

As always a very professional review, nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guz:
    How does the cleaning ability compare to other degreasers you have used, such as Meg`s Detailer Line Degreaser or Optimum Polymer Technology`s Power Clean or P21S Total Auto Wash or Poorboy`s APC & Degreaser??
    Excellent review and pictures, by the way!!

Love the use of the word "tyre" in the directions, insinuating it is a British (England)-based product and your "@ The Guz" trademark text insertions in the photos at key/strategic locations!!.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

As always, great review.

Thank you.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Mike

As always a very professional review, nicely done
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Guz:
    How does the cleaning ability compare to other degreasers you have used, such as Meg`s Detailer Line Degreaser or Optimum Polymer Technology`s Power Clean or P21S Total Auto Wash or Poorboy`s APC & Degreaser??
    Excellent review and pictures, by the way!!

Love the use of the word "tyre" in the directions, insinuating it is a British (England)-based product and your "@ The Guz" trademark text insertions in the photos at key/strategic locations!!.
    The only one I have used from what you are asking is Meguiar`s Super Degreaser. I felt britemax cleaned better without the harshness scent of Meguiar`s D108. With D108 I have to use it at 4:1 to do any good cleaning for tires. At 10:1 I find that any APC can do the same job as super degreaser. I have yet to use Britemax on other areas but I can say that it performed rather well.

Thanks about the watermark. I have seen some of my photos being used on youtube videos and other areas and figured it was time to protect these photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    As always, great review.

Thank you.
    Thanks.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Thread Information