Post Thanks / Like

Review - Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer

Disclaimer: Meghan over at Autogeek sent me this product along with a few others to review. Thank you Meghan for sending it out to me. Sorry Ron I can`t claim no schilling or whatever you guys are saying these days. Don`t really care lol.

Product: Jay Leno`s Garage Quick Detailer

Product link: Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer

Price: $9.99

Quantity: 16 oz

Product description:

Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer, formulated to provide unparalleled slickness and shine in just one application, is the perfect complement to Jay Leno’s Garage Hand Wax. Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer removes fingerprints, smudges, dust, and waterspots from your protected surface in just one pass. Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer will not remove any wax already applied to the surface – in fact, it will enhance your shine!

Certain things in the detailing world go hand in hand; a car wax and a quick detailer are one of them! If you have a waxed surface, the best way to maintain that perfect shine, is by boosting it every now and then and that’s exactly what Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer does! Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer contains an advanced polymer formula that provides maximum shine on your painted surface.

Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer is perfect for boosting your paint between washes. The slick formula will quickly remove fingerprints, smudges, water spots, and light dust on all painted surfaces, glass, chrome, and aluminum. Showing your car in a show when you notice something marring your perfect finish? Whip out Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer and quickly buff your shine back to perfection!

Enhance and maintain your perfect shine in one application with Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer!

Directions for use:

• Shake well and avoid spraying on to surfaces that are hot. Do not use in direct sunlight.
    • Spray a fine mist directly onto the painted surface being treated.
    • Using a clean microfiber towel, wipe product using a back and forth motion. Turn your towel to a dry side and gently buff to a high shine.

For those that are not aware, Autogeek has become the exclusive distributor of the Jay Leno`s Garage line.

The first thing I did when I received the bottle was open it up and smell it. I was greeted with a pleasant aroma. It has an orange scent to it. My dad said it reminded him of orange juice. For me it reminded me of those 50/50 ice cream bars. Brought back memories when I smelled it.

The next thing I noticed are the labels. The labels are real nice on these bottles. The graphics are nice and the print is legible and easy to read. As shown on the front label, this is a polymer detail spray that provides maximum shine. So I take this as the detail spray leaving some sort of protection behind.

The small photo on the product page states this as well

Jay Leno`s Garage Quick Detailer removes dust, fingerprints, and smudges while leaving a layer of protection behind! Use with Jay Leno`s Garage Plush Microfiber Towel for a streak-free shine.
    I turned my attention to the rear of the bottle. It states what surfaces it can be used on. It also has the directions on it which are straight forward.

The way I used this was as a drying aid and after on dry paint. I used it on my dad`s 2015 Impala. The Impala has Optimum Gloss Coat on it. I washed it with ONR. As I was drying it, I used the JLG Quick Detailer as a drying aid. It performed very well. It made drying even easier but it also left the paint slick.

I also tried it on dry paint. I dried the surface that was wet with ONR. I came back with JLG Quick Detailer. Again it left the paint slick. Slickness was equal with both methods.

I would recommend to give it a good shake to mix all those polymers prior to using it.

Once I was done I stepped back and admired the nice shine the JLG Quick Detailer left behind on top of the slick surface. See the photos below

I used it on the chrome grille and chrome mirror covers with no problems. No problems using it on the trim. No issues with it on glass either. It was streak free on all surfaces. I even used it in the sun with no issues. I tried to get it to streak but the quick detailer melts into the paint and flashes to the point where it is completely off the surface prior to buffing to a high gloss. I was pleasantly surprised with how well it worked and how easy it was to use.

The con I see with this product is that the quick detailer market is saturated with a lot of great products. Meaning it will get lost in the mix of all of the other great products. Not to mention the countless waterless wash products that are available that can do the same thing.

Overall I would rate my experience using it on the positive side. It was straight forward to use. It smells great. But I was pleasantly surprised at the slickness and shine it left behind. Same goes for the ease of use. I would definitely recommend others to try it and give it a shot. At $10 it`s worth trying out. I am definitely going to reach for it again and use it.

Thanks for reading.

Final photos

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Marc08EX, JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Jay Leno’s Garage Quick Detailer

Great review as always Mike!!! Thanks for taking time to do this.

I`ve heard some people say that the bottles and graphics look similar to Adam`s and they think that JLG is produced by Adam`s. How do you think it compares to the Adam`s Detail Spray ?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good review Mike. Thanks.

As if yet another line of products is really necessary.........

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. There is another detailer that smells that orangey and that is Chem Guys V7.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post

I`ve heard some people say that the bottles and graphics look similar to Adam`s and they think that JLG is produced by Adam`s. How do you think it compares to the Adam`s Detail Spray ?
    Thanks Marc. I have not seen the newest Adams bottles so I can`t compare the labels. But the detail sprays are different. JLG flashes off better than Adams. JLG goes on smoother. Also Adams had mentioned that their detail spray can lead up to wax build up if using it to often. With JLG being a polymer spray that is not an issue. I also like the scent of JLG over Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    Good review Mike. Thanks.

As if yet another line of products is really necessary.........
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Thanks for the review. There is another detailer that smells that orangey and that is Chem Guys V7.
    Thanks. Possibly a rebrand of both products? Never used V7.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this The Guz.

Good review

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Guz.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post

The JLG rep at Detail Fest was pretty adamant about this not being true...but the bottles and company name say otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

When you said Creamsicle I also thought of CG V7, which I like but have quit using just because I have found longer lasting alternatives. If it is as good as V7 it`s a pretty good product, but not groundbreaking by any means. I even bought the V7 soap just because I like the smell. Did anyone ever figure out if Adams was making the Leno stuff? I know CG will relabel/rebottle products for customers, maybe it`s a CG product?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I missed the post about Leno denying the Adams tie in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks for this The Guz.

Good review
    Thanks. Just good lol. Just pulling your leg dude.

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    Nice review Guz.

The JLG rep at Detail Fest was pretty adamant about this not being true...but the bottles and company name say otherwise.
    Thanks and thanks for the info from the JLG rep.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    When you said Creamsicle I also thought of CG V7, which I like but have quit using just because I have found longer lasting alternatives. If it is as good as V7 it`s a pretty good product, but not groundbreaking by any means. I even bought the V7 soap just because I like the smell. Did anyone ever figure out if Adams was making the Leno stuff? I know CG will relabel/rebottle products for customers, maybe it`s a CG product?
    I never used CG V7 so I`ll take your word. It is definitely not the same as Adams detail spray. Felt slicker than Adams. Adams contains wax in their detail spray. JLG states it contains just polymers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review, on one of these sites the address listed was on the same street as Adams.

Post Thanks / Like

At $10 this seems like a buy. Some of my favorite QDs are Adams and V7 so no matter if rumors prevail, you still get a good QD.
    Quick flashing is a huge plus in my book for QDs.

Thread Information