Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb MYCHANIC Detailing Rig

I recently received the MYCHANIC Detailing Rig and was quite impressed. It was well designed and offers some great ideas and could help save some of our aching backs.

The MYCHANIC brand is an up and coming brand and I first saw their lineup at the AAPEX show in Las Vegas, NV last year. Most of their stuff has splashes of Irish Green hue, to make their gear eye catching and easy to spot.

It came unassembled but was a cinch to put together. It does help to read and follow the directions though!

I like the fact that the rig comes with five heavy duty three inch casters. They are wide enough that hopefully they won`t catch in any expansion cracks in driveways. Plus that fifth caster helps to keep things planted firmly on the ground.
    MYCHANIC Detailing Rig-dscn1170.jpg

The bucket comes with a removable perforated bottom grid. We’ve all probably seen endless variations on this guard, but the purpose is to let the dirt and grime that accumulates in the water bucket, settle below the grid and not in your bucket water. Most serious detailers use a two bucket method to further reduce the dirt accumulation in your wash water, but again this shows MYCHANIC’s attention to detail. The rim of the bucket includes two sets of cutouts to hang your favorite detailing product by the squeeze trigger.
    MYCHANIC Detailing Rig-dscn1153.jpg

Below the seat is a metal tray to hold cloths, brushes or additional tools. It is the right height to work along the beltline of a car. The padded seat is pretty comfortable and it easily detaches if you want to get really low or use it as a kneeling pad. The metal is substantial and powder coated for durability.

You`ll note the rig includes a drink holder on the side of the detailing rig. That is a nice way to hang a cold one and much appreciated here in Arizona.
    MYCHANIC Detailing Rig-dscn1156.jpg

Of course you could use the detailing rig for general car maintenance, Like when doing the brakes or such but I think they created a neat and helpful tool. I was impressed that the box it ships in is well put together, everything fit in place and nothing was rattling around loose. Nice attention to the details! presently is is selling for under $77. My back thinks it is worth it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes LGHT, GearHead_1, SWETM, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus, rlmccarty2000, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MYCHANIC Detailing Rig

Wow nice little setup. I put in about 20 minutes bending while testing out some polishers and with my bad back I was already in pain. I`ll definitely be picking up something like this soon once I get a polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw these and thought they looked nice. However, I’ve had a couple of sit on carts that have the seat supported in the fashion of this cart and they both seemed to sag.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Neat idea. I also like their Sidekick Stool with Tool Caddy.

Thanks for sharing this cool find

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I saw these and thought they looked nice. However, I’ve had a couple of sit on carts that have the seat supported in the fashion of this cart and they both seemed to sag.
    Not sure of the gauge but it is substantial. The box says it supports up to 350 pounds. I`m guessing if one were to jump up and down it would eventually start to bend but this is pretty stout.
    Likes GearHead_1, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the look of these....the only improvement I see is that they should have at least one locking caster on it for those who have an incline to deal with.....at some point you have to get up
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to know that it also won`t harm my reproductive health...WTF California?
    MYCHANIC Detailing Rig-cart.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Haha.

But seriously, I`m tired of seeing those warnings all over the place. Gas stations, restaurants, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the breakdown. I’m been trying to decide which one of these wheeled seats to buy. I thought I had decided on the Speedmaster sold here but it has been out of stock for months. This one looks nicer and would come in handy for waterless/rinseless washing. eBay sells it a little cheaper than Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Thanks for the breakdown. I’m been trying to decide which one of these wheeled seats to buy. I thought I had decided on the Speedmaster sold here but it has been out of stock for months. This one looks nicer and would come in handy for waterless/rinseless washing. eBay sells it a little cheaper than Amazon.
    I think you`ll like it

Post Thanks / Like

Costco used to carry this and it looked and felt like a nice set up. I haven`t seen it there in awhile.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I like it ! MYCHANIC Detailing Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    MYCHANIC Detailing Rig-cart.jpg

It`s so bad here in calf. You see these signs posted all over the place now and days for companies that actually make anything warning about lead, etc etc.

The stupidest thing I`ve ever read is the mayor of LA wants to start painting ALL the streets white to help stop global warming? The only problem is it will costs $40k a mile!!! Los Angeles painting city streets white in bid to combat climate change | Fox News
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Thread Information