Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz

Well, finally strayed a bit, SiO2-wise, from that which was a proven performer for me on personal vehicles (Overcoat), dipping a toe into Polish Angel with Cosmic Spritz.

I`ll credit Ron for what initially appears to be another great booster for coatings (he first hooked me up with Overcoat) as i seem to recall he was an early adopter of Polish Angel as well. It`s still early, but after driving a couple hundred miles in varying weather with the Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz on top of my black, Kamikaze coated car, Cosmic appears to equal Overcoat in terms of self cleaning and water behavior, perhaps exceeding it in some aspects. That doesn`t necessarily make it a better product but rather an excellent alternative performer that reaches the same destination via a different path, that destination being keeping my car looking good with minimal effort on my part.

Gave the daily driver a nice, complete foam/wash and dry last Sunday, removing the last remnants of a harsh, NE Ohio winter. Figrd I`d give Cosmic a go as a drying aid with a Platinum Pluffle which worked OK, made drying easier and more efficient but Overcoat is more effective (easier and does a better job) when used in that fashion. Really not an issue though as Cosmic is so easy to apply to a dry surface that even *I* couldn`t streak it...and I have a unique ability to streak anything I apply to s dry surface. Kenotek Showroom Shine, Gyeon Cure, Overcoat...i could probably leave streaks applying water to paint. Cosmic, however, went on and came off without a hitch using a Gyeon PolishWipe as an initial applicator (spritz or two per panel), followed by a Rag Company Wizard for final wipe/buff.

Cosmic leaves a sharper gloss than Overcoat and that gloss is pretty much immediately apparent as opposed to Overcoat which, to me, leaves a warmer gloss that builds up during the 12-24hrs after application. It (Cosmic) was quite nice and really gave the black paint a high gloss and sharpness that was very, very `classy`.

Got a nice day of varying climate yesterday, starting the day with a clean but pollen covered car, pulling out of the garage into some nice, steady rain. 30 or so highway miles later, the first completely entertaing attribute of Cosmic Spritz was apparent: rain apparently fears Cosmic. Water beads were sprinting off the hood while underway in a manner that exceeded Overcoat and Gyeon Syncro with respect to the speed of beads clearing the area; it was truly impressive and surprising given how well those two perform in that area.

Outran the rain a mile or 2 before getting to work and by the time i parked it, the horizontal surfaces looked cleaner than when I left home, with a very nice sharp gloss apparent. Vertical sides of car had some road film/spray apparent in typical areas behind wheel wells but from 5-10ft away is was not very obvious; from 20ft you`d think the car was just washed. It`s almost like the gloss is sharp enough to burn thru any slight dirt or dust that may be on the paint. Wierd, but pretty cool.

After another day of wind, rain and freeway commutes, it still looks impressively good. Sure, there is some dirt and water spots about but for a black car that spent the last 2 days driving through rain on roads that still haven`t yet been completely flushed of winter residues, it`s really nice.

Only question left is durability but for the look, entertaining water behavior, great self cleaning and easy application, I think I`m gonna give it a run this summer...it`s not like I could go longer than a month without rubbing something on it after a wash anyway.

As for Cosmic vs Overcoat, it`s really not a question of better, but rather different. Overcoat has a softer gloss while Cosmic is sharper kinda gloss. Cosmic is easier to apply dry, Overcoat is a better and more efficient drying aid (which appeals to my laziness). Both are excellent in the self cleaning area, perhaps with an edge to Overcoat due to its tendency to produce small beads that kinda shrink and disappear in the sun. Cosmic makes getting rained on more tolerable due to the crazy water show taking place on the hood at speeds over 35mph.

Unless something untoward happens with Cosmic, I can see it sharing shelf space with Overcoat. Overcoat, for me, has been such an enjoyable and amazing product that it will probably always be a favorite; it`s proven itself over the long haul since 2016 and has never disappointed. Cosmic, at this very early point anyway, is equally impressive and entertaining, giving me a bit of a choice with regards to appearance and experience without sacrificing any of the solid self cleaning characteristics that make products like this appealing to me.

Fun stuff.

Well done, Ron...appreciate it!
    Thanks Ronkh, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz

Wow what an awesome review and write up! It`s fun when you find a great performing product. Will be intresting to see the long term thoughts you have about it.

Thanks for shareing your findings!

/Tony
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Validation !!!

Perfect description between the two. But I`ve always seen PA get brighter as it cures overnight.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Validation !!!

Perfect description between the two. But I`ve always seen PA get brighter as it cures overnight.
    What are your experience between PA cosmic spritz and PA High Gloss?
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I also credit (i.e. blame Ron) for my dive into PA. Cosmic spritz is great. I recently picked up the 500ml.
    I`ve never used overcoat but I trust your input so now I don`t really feel I have a need for it.

Cosmic spritz has 115+ degree water contact angle. Cosmic v2 110 degree, just since I mentioned the spritz)

I still think zirkon has the best beads of the PA lineup but then again I`m slightly obsessed with water contact angles.

Like Ron said, spritz will cure in 24hrs and look even better.

Thanks for the review.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Wow what an awesome review and write up! It`s fun when you find a great performing product. Will be intresting to see the long term thoughts you have about it.

Thanks for shareing your findings!

/Tony
    Fwiw, I`ve seen 3-4 months when I`ve used as standalone on my trucks hood. Into the third month it really started seem to fade in terms of water repellency.

On my car I use this about once a month along with other PA sprays so I really cant say much for how it works as a coating booster since almost once a week I reapply something that could last up to X months on top of my car.

I`m also interested to see how this works in an objective longevity scenario.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Budget Man!
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...a little Spritzing is all I got time for these days. April & May sometimes make me wonder if leaving the corporate world to become a pool boy was really what I had in mind. Then I remember the sea of cubicles and realize "Yep, good idea..."
    Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Great review Budget Man!
    Likes Ronkh, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a weird experience with PA High Gloss. Wonderful gloss, but when it was down to about 20% left in the bottle, the stuff turned into a semi solid lump of goo. I tried shaking it all up, but got nowhere. For the price, that made me move onto other products. 22PLE VS1 FC is a favorite of mine and I am testing the new Blackfire. By roof has CanCoat on the passenger side and Blackfire on the driver side. I`m going to the coin spray place today and I`ll try and take some pics, but the car is bright white and you know how that goes in photographs...hard to get any contrast. Plus I don`t know how to post pics here, but I may try anyway.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I had a weird experience with PA High Gloss. Wonderful gloss, but when it was down to about 20% left in the bottle, the stuff turned into a semi solid lump of goo. I tried shaking it all up, but got nowhere. For the price, that made me move onto other products. 22PLE VS1 FC is a favorite of mine and I am testing the new Blackfire. By roof has CanCoat on the passenger side and Blackfire on the driver side. I`m going to the coin spray place today and I`ll try and take some pics, but the car is bright white and you know how that goes in photographs...hard to get any contrast. Plus I don`t know how to post pics here, but I may try anyway.
    The easiest way to post pics (for me) is by using Tapatalk. It’s got to be simple if I can do it.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, nickclark08, fly07sti liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    What are your experience between PA cosmic spritz and PA High Gloss?
    imho-high gloss brighter-glossier
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes VitreousHumor, SWETM, DBAILEY liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor, SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any benefit to using Cosmic Spritz on a car that`s NOT coated?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    Any benefit to using Cosmic Spritz on a car that`s NOT coated?
    I did for MONTHS & MONTHS
    It is a "coating" such as reload/cure, etc.
    Likes SGM2008, VitreousHumor, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SGM2008, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I did for MONTHS & MONTHS
    It is a "coating" such as reload/cure, etc.
    Thanks Ron!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Great review and write up!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information