Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Hopefully Endless Wash Review Thread

I`ll do my best to, but as a side note, I didn`t see all that much of a change with the Mckee`s but I will try and get a scrap panel that has no protection on it to do it with. I will revisit the soaps for this when I do.

Post Thanks / Like

A quick update after the Mckee`s, I didn`t have a before beeding picture, but this is after last night`s rain. It definitely improved beeding, it made everything a little tighter, on the left was washed and dried plain, the right was washed with Mckee`s and dried with 3D final touch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, the Ultima I was referring to was their car soap. I bounce back and forth between it and CarPro Reset. I think Ultima may be stronger (need less for dilution). Right now Reset and Ultima are my go to soaps for coating maintenance.

Post Thanks / Like

I have it in my cart now, just waiting for warmer weather or a sale too good to miss to pick them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Sorry, the Ultima I was referring to was their car soap..
    The *only* criticism I`ve ever heard about the Ultima is the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight`s subject is maybe the best rinseless wash I`ve ever used, Duragloss Rinseless with Aquawax.
    Cost: 7/10 .31 cents an ounce if you buy the 40 dollar gallon, and I`m starting to realize the price point compared to the discontinued Meguiars is really a little unrealistic, and in all actuality this is at an average price point for rinseless washes.
    Lubricity: 9/10 Oh my goodness is this stuff slick and that`s really all I can say. It may be the slickest product I`ve ever used.
    Scent: 7/10 I`m really torn as to what this reminds me of, I`ve heard it`s supposed to be cherry scented, but it seemed to be an odd strawberry scent. I can`t figure out what the underlying scent to the strawberry was though. All in all it was strong and pretty nice and lasted through the wash.
    Cleaning Ability: 9.5/10 This did an amazing job on mud, bugs and bird poo, and so far is the best cleaning rinseless I`ve ever used, and combined with it`s lubricity, I wouldn`t hesitate to use it on a fairly dirty car (unless it obviously needs traditional)
    Ease of Drying: 8/10 I`m really torn with this score, in comparison to my Meguiars test panel, the Duragloss dried much slower and took a lot more effort. However on some panels I wiped it once and let it dry by itself, and it surprisingly dried streak free.
    One intresting note is how much gloss it left behind. The test car had no protection on it which may have thrown my opinion off, but this left behind a finish you would expect from a good spray wax. I was unable to test beeding though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well after several years, I`m finally going to get back to updating this thread. I went back to school to become a teacher, and moved and well life got in the way. I`m going to try to update once a week if I can. Today`s review is ADG Fusion rinseless wash.

Cost: 5/10
    At $60 a gallon it isn`t the cheaper of the rinseless washes but it also isn`t break the bank expensive either.

Lubricity: 5/10
    This isn`t the slickest rinseless wash I`ve ever used, in fact it`s slickness reminds me of a normal traditional wash. It`s not slick but not grabby, it almost feels heavy.

Scent: 6/10
    It has a slight chemically orange smell. It`s not bad, just different. Nothing to write home about either way.

Cleaning Ability: 9.5/10
    As a rinseless wash, the cleaning ability is fine. In a presoak bottle at 20:1 it`s fantastic. It made easy work of all but the most stubborn bugs. Without the presoak, it wasn`t as impressive but I`m probably biased by how good it did as a presoak.

Ease of drying: 7/10
    It basically dried itself. What was kind of frustrating was that it didn`t dry clean for me. It left a few streaks that needed to be dampened again and wiped off. I would definitely do this as a panel by panel rinseless.

Summary: This is something I could see myself keeping in the arsenal. It is funny to have a sudsy rinseless again and I didn`t mind it. It had quite a solid cleaning ability and to use it on the interior is a strong plus. It certainly isn`t the easiest to use but it isn`t extremely difficult either. It left no noticable gloss or slickness or protection behind, but I didn`t expect it to. All in all I would say it is a decent rinseless wash to prep for a full detail.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    Well after several years, I`m finally going to get back to updating this thread. I went back to school to become a teacher...
    Good on you for doing that! The world needs more good teachers, and I have zero doubt that you`re one of `em.

Not seeing any compelling reason to go for the ADG Fusion, but I`m glad to see you posting on this thread again.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the most compelling reason for me is as a presoak for bugs on a rinseless wash or a concentrated quick interior cleaner. I tried going over the bugs first with just the rinseless but they were on there pretty good. Once I left the presoak sit they came right off except for a few that had been on her car for a long time. I certainly wouldn`t put it up with Duragloss or Gary Dean`s magnum motorcycle juice though.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I had some time to run over to my garage and decided to try Ech2o out as a rinseless wash on one of my trucks. It really impressed me, and I thought I owed it a quick write up. I had bought it with the intention of trying to replace Meguiars 156 with it. I`ve been trying to figure it out as a quick detailer, and thought I could give it a shot as a rinseless.

Cost: 7/10
    At 75$ a gallon it is a bit more expensive than most, but it`s high dilution rates make up for it. At 1:200 it is almost twice as concentrated as most rinseless washes. If used only as a rinseless wash, a gallon figures out to be less than 50 cents per wash which isn`t bad in my book.

Lubricity:8/10
    It could be better, but for a product not intended to be a rinseless wash, it worked quite well. Certainly not the slickest thing I`ve ever used but really nice none the less.

Scent: 4/10
    Not a bad scent, sort of reminds me of baby powder. The smell goes away quickly but as someone who really likes a good smelling wash as I wash several cars a week, I had to dock it some points.

Cleaning Ability: 8/10*
    I give this one an asterisk simply because I didn`t ask very much of it. My trucks rarely see rain and are garage queens. The wheels were a little dirty as I haven`t washed it since November, but the rest was simple dust. Without having much of a challenge in front of it, I had a hard time rating it until I cleaned the wheels. What I loved most about this product is how it seemed to lift the gunk off the wheels in one wipe. Anything that does that is good in my book. I don`t have too much to say about effectiveness on bugs or road grime/build up though.

Ease of drying: 9/10
    This reminds me very much of mckee`s rinseless with wax. I washed, dried with a damp towel and then did a final wipe. There was quite a bit of streaking left over before the final wipe, but a light glide of the towel wiped it all away.

Overall looks: I believe this ranks up with mckee`s and Duragloss in looks after the wash. It definitely gave the truck a nice shine, not quite the sealant look but still pretty good.

Final thoughts: I am really liking Ech2o. I`ve used it on a few interiors and it worked well, done the qd thing and it`s a bit more work than Meguiars 156 but still not bad. As a rinseless wash, I really like it. It seems like it leaves something behind. The product is not as slick using it, but after the wash, even my trim felt slicker.

Quick side note, how do you upload photos from a phone to a post? I thought it would be the icon with the picture of the tree, but that just turned my screen yellow and wouldn`t let me do anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I had some time to run over to my garage and decided to try Ech2o out as a rinseless wash on one of my trucks....I had bought it with the intention of trying to replace Meguiars 156 with it..
    OK, I don`t know from the Ech2o, but it sounds like you`re, uhm...comparing a RW with a Spray Wax?!? What am I missing here?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I had some time to run over to my garage and decided to try Ech2o out as a rinseless wash on one of my trucks. It really impressed me, and I thought I owed it a quick write up. I had bought it with the intention of trying to replace Meguiars 156 with it. I`ve been trying to figure it out as a quick detailer, and thought I could give it a shot as a rinseless.

Cost: 7/10
    At 75$ a gallon it is a bit more expensive than most, but it`s high dilution rates make up for it. At 1:200 it is almost twice as concentrated as most rinseless washes. If used only as a rinseless wash, a gallon figures out to be less than 50 cents per wash which isn`t bad in my book.

Lubricity:8/10
    It could be better, but for a product not intended to be a rinseless wash, it worked quite well. Certainly not the slickest thing I`ve ever used but really nice none the less.

Scent: 4/10
    Not a bad scent, sort of reminds me of baby powder. The smell goes away quickly but as someone who really likes a good smelling wash as I wash several cars a week, I had to dock it some points.

Cleaning Ability: 8/10*
    I give this one an asterisk simply because I didn`t ask very much of it. My trucks rarely see rain and are garage queens. The wheels were a little dirty as I haven`t washed it since November, but the rest was simple dust. Without having much of a challenge in front of it, I had a hard time rating it until I cleaned the wheels. What I loved most about this product is how it seemed to lift the gunk off the wheels in one wipe. Anything that does that is good in my book. I don`t have too much to say about effectiveness on bugs or road grime/build up though.

Ease of drying: 9/10
    This reminds me very much of mckee`s rinseless with wax. I washed, dried with a damp towel and then did a final wipe. There was quite a bit of streaking left over before the final wipe, but a light glide of the towel wiped it all away.

Overall looks: I believe this ranks up with mckee`s and Duragloss in looks after the wash. It definitely gave the truck a nice shine, not quite the sealant look but still pretty good.

Final thoughts: I am really liking Ech2o. I`ve used it on a few interiors and it worked well, done the qd thing and it`s a bit more work than Meguiars 156 but still not bad. As a rinseless wash, I really like it. It seems like it leaves something behind. The product is not as slick using it, but after the wash, even my trim felt slicker.

Quick side note, how do you upload photos from a phone to a post? I thought it would be the icon with the picture of the tree, but that just turned my screen yellow and wouldn`t let me do anything.
    I believe only way to do directly from your phone you have to use TapaTalk. It’s a multi forum app that will allow pics direct from your phone. Their is a monthly cap and if posting alot of pictures you’ll cap out fast.

You can pay a monthly fee or $30 for a lifetime and that will allow unlimited posting and no adds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well after several years, I`m finally going to get back to updating this thread. I went back to school to become a teacher, and moved and well life got in the way. I`m going to try to update once a week if I can. Today`s review is ADG Fusion rinseless wash.

Cost: 5/10
    At $60 a gallon it isn`t the cheaper of the rinseless washes but it also isn`t break the bank expensive either.

Lubricity: 5/10
    This isn`t the slickest rinseless wash I`ve ever used, in fact it`s slickness reminds me of a normal traditional wash. It`s not slick but not grabby, it almost feels heavy.

Scent: 6/10
    It has a slight chemically orange smell. It`s not bad, just different. Nothing to write home about either way.

Cleaning Ability: 9.5/10
    As a rinseless wash, the cleaning ability is fine. In a presoak bottle at 20:1 it`s fantastic. It made easy work of all but the most stubborn bugs. Without the presoak, it wasn`t as impressive but I`m probably biased by how good it did as a presoak.

Ease of drying: 7/10
    It basically dried itself. What was kind of frustrating was that it didn`t dry clean for me. It left a few streaks that needed to be dampened again and wiped off. I would definitely do this as a panel by panel rinseless.

Summary: This is something I could see myself keeping in the arsenal. It is funny to have a sudsy rinseless again and I didn`t mind it. It had quite a solid cleaning ability and to use it on the interior is a strong plus. It certainly isn`t the easiest to use but it isn`t extremely difficult either. It left no noticable gloss or slickness or protection behind, but I didn`t expect it to. All in all I would say it is a decent rinseless wash to prep for a full detail.
    Do you have an IK foamer? Would be interested in pictures of it as a foaming waterless wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I do not, I have some pictures of what it looked like mid wash that I tried to upload but couldn`t figure out how to. Just spraying a presoak at 20:1 and the agitation made it foam up similar to what you would see from a typical apc.

Post Thanks / Like

I am following along because I am always interested to see if there is something better than what I am using and have been for a good number of years- which is DG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information