Post Thanks / Like

IK sprayer & foamer

heres a review on a handheld pump sprayer and foamer i purchased recently.

one note that i didnt mention in the video. the pump sprayers use quite a bit of product quickly, so you wouldnt use all your products in these type of sprayers.
    my plan is to use the 2 pump sprayers with APC and ONR. both of these products are "cheap" when diluted and i dont mind using up fast.
    the foamer would be good with CarPro hydrofoam or nanolex washcoat. I dont see myself using it as a "everyday" foamer that replaces the foam cannon.

Likes Jaddie, Ronkh, RatZ1LLa, The Guz, kevincwelch and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks Jaddie, Ronkh, RatZ1LLa, The Guz, mikejames thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IK sprayer & foamer

for a manual foamer, that`s pretty good hang time toward the end!

thanks for posting this
    Likes donbeezy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool review. Thanks
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

IK is awesome because they have bits you can swap out for different quality foam. all their products are solid, and well priced. Weather got too cold before I could do my review, luckily someone else did

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, donbeezy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review! These look really nice.
    Ellen

Post Thanks / Like

Good video Donbreezy. You covered all the questions I was going to ask so all I have to do now is source one of those foamer versions close to me.
    Thanks again,

Post Thanks / Like

How does the IK foam sprayer compare to the GLORIA foam sprayer. I know there is a large price gap. Can someone comment on the quality of either foam sprayer. I have viewed videos on YouTube of each. I am interested opinions from detailers.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Don -

I know your vid says you probably won`t use the foam one but might as well ask...
    Do you currently have a HP foam lance
    If so, how would you compare the output of the foam on the most restricted water setting compared to the IK.

I like what I see in the vid with the IK.
    I`m looking at it from a aspect of neatness - minimizing the overspray that one sorta get`s when using the Lance.
    Yes, the lance is fast and easy. Got h0tdamm, I hate the overspray at times...

I`m really sorta getting into the groove with pre-rinsing/pre-testing-of-products.
    The IK does interest me on the foam side.
    It`s kinda like a surgical knife versus taking a chainsaw to the application per se...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Don -

I know your vid says you probably won`t use the foam one but might as well ask...
    Do you currently have a HP foam lance
    If so, how would you compare the output of the foam on the most restricted water setting compared to the IK.

I like what I see in the vid with the IK.
    I`m looking at it from a aspect of neatness - minimizing the overspray that one sorta get`s when using the Lance.
    Yes, the lance is fast and easy. Got h0tdamm, I hate the overspray at times...

I`m really sorta getting into the groove with pre-rinsing/pre-testing-of-products.
    The IK does interest me on the foam side.
    It`s kinda like a surgical knife versus taking a chainsaw to the application per se...
    i do use my foam lance. i would say the foam is on par with the pump sprayer depending on soap/ratio you are using. the pump sprayer seems to be a dry type foam vs foam lance wet foam though

keep in mind, if you are trying to use this pump sprayer for a whole car. its going to take a lot of pumps and go. i would estimate 10 pumps per panel? still a very nice pump foamer though

Post Thanks / Like

Go for the IK 9, its larger but will last you two or three cars if you do that many with less pumps too... maybe 3 pump session to do one mid size sedan. The hand pump is really just good for one panel at a time, so I would recommend against it unless you just want to prefoam lower section of the car only.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya on how much manual action may be required. It`s all relative to volume of air required.
    Ray, fashion vs. function I suppose. I`m a minimalist when it comes to all things from a organization perspective. I like the smaller footprint but the larger one not only will function better, easier to pump and a tad bit ergonomic in terms of use.

I already have a bunch of pump style sprayers made in Germany....none that are of the foaming variant.
    As much as I say less detailing supplies, I always find myself buying more ~stuff~

For those a bit more verse....in which I`m going to have to expand my WIKI, for prefoaming panels, dry foam in theory would have a slightly better cling factor on panels. Obviously, one would still need to get ones dilution rate right, as spraying vis-via said pump sprayers is different dilution rate than said product that is diluted into a lance bottle, and then double diluted again by the mere dispersion of it through the HP gun.

Thread Information